PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Questions

jheigl
09-25-2007, 07:14 AM
I have a few questions regarding the photopass. I have searched these forums and see a bunch of different posts about it, but none seem to be very clear on pricing and such. So, does anyone (preferably who has been there recently), know how much they charge for this? From what I understand, there is no charge to have your pictures taken and get the actual code or whatever, but to get a CD or something is where they charge you. I have seen very very high amounts and I have seen reasonable amounts. So here is my hypothetical situation. I am planning my trip for next May (me and my girlfriend). I know prices for it may change next year, but let's say that we have our pictures taken at all of the parks and places possible. I guess another question would be how many pictures can you have taken total (from all the parks), and then how much would it cost to get them? Sorry for making another topic, but I can't seem to find a (current) topic that has an answer. Thanks!

Drince88
09-25-2007, 07:24 AM
I recommend going to www.disneyphotopass.com and looking at the prices there. It looks like you have to register to see the prices, but you don't have to have a photopass to do that.

As far as 'how many' -well, there are probably 2-3 or more locations in each park where they'll take a few pictures - and if you stop at each one each time you pass by it, you could get quite a few photos taken. You can also ask if they have any extra's they can pose you for, including holding Tinkerbell or Simba. So if you get a lot of pictures taken, the CD could be worth it. Otherwise, just buy the prints you like.

wishiwasthere
09-25-2007, 08:44 AM
We often have enough pictures where buying the CD is worth it, but when we look at the pictures most of them don't come out that well. We haven't bought the CD yet. We have bought 1 or 2 pictures. It's really worth it if you go with a lot of people (we often go with another family) and you all put your pictures on one photopass and then split the CD. I know there is a way you can take multiple cards and put them all on one CD, but I can't remember how!

Also don't forget to give them your photopass card before they take your picture or you will end up with a ton of cards!

bradk
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
check out the photopass primer i wrote.. all the basics and everything you need to know to take full advantage of it and then some..

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass

for the CD, it's $125 which gives you unlimited reproduction rights. but you can pre-order with a full satisfaction guarantee for $100. and there are other ways to drive the price down even further.

there's more than tinker bell and simba.. there's hook and more

as far as combining multiple cards, you just keep adding them individually to the same disneyphotopass.com account

the site covers it all.

jheigl
09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
check out the photopass primer i wrote.. all the basics and everything you need to know to take full advantage of it and then some..

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass

for the CD, it's $125 which gives you unlimited reproduction rights. but you can pre-order with a full satisfaction guarantee for $100. and there are other ways to drive the price down even further.

there's more than tinker bell and simba.. there's hook and more

as far as combining multiple cards, you just keep adding them individually to the same disneyphotopass.com account

the site covers it all.

Wow, that's a great resource. Thanks! Thanks to everyone else as well!