PDA

View Full Version : Any New Halloween Reports On DLR Decor?

ladodgerjon
09-24-2007, 08:23 PM
They went up on the 21st, right?

I was surprised to find no mention on the homepage DLR Update.

Anyone got any pix of the Halloween decorations?

Anything markedly different for this year (from last)?

Andrew
09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
We'll have an extensive photo tour of Disney's HalloweenTime at Disneyland this Thursday, Sept. 27.

Disneymademoiselle
09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
If he doesn't mind me saying it, Darkbeer's smugmug.com site is certainly your go-to place for Halloween pictures. When I mean pictures, I mean more than you could ever ask for, and amazing ones at that!!!

Darkbeer
09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
If he doesn't mind me saying it, Darkbeer's smugmug.com site is certainly your go-to place for Halloween pictures. When I mean pictures, I mean more than you could ever ask for, and amazing ones at that!!!

Why would I complain??? :fez:

MadasaHatter
09-25-2007, 07:44 AM
OK,

I am torn....I am going to DL the first weekend in OCTOBER and maybe I need a Disney Intervention. I am thinking of NOT looking at said photos so I can actually EXPERIENCE the Hallowe'en decor. Nothing can take away from Dland at Xmas but I loooooooove the Hallowe'en decor too.

I hope they keep adding to it as it is becoming one of my fave things they do. I am on this site every morning so I am afraid by the time I get to DL I will be wiped out.

Naaaaaaaaah.

Then again, I may be mad......

Chadsgal
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
This is our first trip w/ Halloween decor too & I looked at darkbeers pics to be prepared because it isn't the normal DL decor I normally see. So I did it so I wouldn't be disapointed. Wierd I know but still now I know what to expect.We have serveral people who havn't been there in YEARS so I want them to get the whole Disney experiance so I needed to make sure the Halloween Decor wasn't taking away from that.

yenko427
09-25-2007, 10:31 AM
The Halloween decor does not take away from the rest of the park in my opinion. Nice touches on Main Street and of course the really large pumpkin right as you enter Main Street. The HM looks amazing as does the overlay. Candy Corn Acres is really cute and Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale were sporting attire to accent the candy corn colors.

ladodgerjon
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I saw what appeared to be 2006 Halloween decoration shots on his site... but not anything from this year.

Maybe I didn't drill down deep enough on the site...??? Or maybe everything is simply the same...?

Darkbeer
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I saw what appeared to be 2006 Halloween decoration shots on his site... but not anything from this year.

Maybe I didn't drill down deep enough on the site...??? Or maybe everything is simply the same...?

Here is a direct link

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme%20Parks

Friday the 21st and Sunday the 23rd

mousemom
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Darkbeer! I'll be there soon but wanted to know what to expect beforehand also. Where did you take the pix of Cinderella's stepsisters?

Fableillusion
09-25-2007, 10:49 PM
My sister, our friend Michelle, and myself have gone on the first night HM open with Jack's touches the last couple years. This year we took our friend Ryan to Disneyland for the first time at Halloween time. This is his first year as an A/P.

We all loved the candy corn in DCA. We have gone to Trick or Treat at DCA the last 2 years (this year will be year # 3) and to us it seemed like they did more decorating this year than in previous years.

When we went from CDA to DL it was dark and we headed right over to HM so I can’t say anything about the decorations in DL. However, we thought Jack did a great job on the cake this year at the party scene on HM. Being Ryan’s first time on HM with Jacks touches he was speechless. He had never seen it before and was amazed at how much was changed on the ride.

Over all, being his first time, Ryan thought the over look of both parks was great. He was impressed and can’t wait to go back when we have more time so he can check out all the decorations.

Andrew
09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
MousePlanet's HalloweenTime 2007 photo tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm070927ar) is now up for your enjoyment.

Another Dimension
09-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Nice job MP!

:cool:

DizneyMommy
09-27-2007, 06:36 AM
MousePlanet's HalloweenTime 2007 photo tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm070927ar) is now up for your enjoyment.

Great photos... but did anyone notice that Woody's Halloween Roundup is missing? The scarecrow house is really neat there. Though my 2 year was a little freaked out by them.

cstephens
09-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Great photos... but did anyone notice that Woody's Halloween Roundup is missing? The scarecrow house is really neat there. Though my 2 year was a little freaked out by them.

Do you mean missing from the photos? Because Halloween Roundup is definitely at DL. Just a note that the pumpkin carving has been moved. Last year, it was by the stage/decorating kiosk. This year, it's by the petting zoo/shack.

They have cookie decorating - with Mr. Potato Head parts. :| I wish they had the cakes again.

DizneyMommy
09-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Do you mean missing from the photos? Because Halloween Roundup is definitely at DL. Just a note that the pumpkin carving has been moved. Last year, it was by the stage/decorating kiosk. This year, it's by the petting zoo/shack.

They have cookie decorating - with Mr. Potato Head parts. :| I wish they had the cakes again.

Yes, I mean from the photos. We have already been there twice this year, it is too cute.

Andrew
09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Great photos... but did anyone notice that Woody's Halloween Roundup is missing? The scarecrow house is really neat there.

Do you mean missing from the photos? Because Halloween Roundup is definitely at DL.

Sorry! We'll try to get those in a future update.