PDA

View Full Version : Lockers at Marinas?

TinaMouse
09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Are there lockers at the marinas? We're renting Sea Raycers, but are NOT staying at the Grand Floridian. Where does one keep their backpacks. change of clothes, wallets, etc.?

TinaMouse
09-27-2007, 05:13 AM
May be a bust anyway. I researched that you had to be 12 to drive one on your own (too much weight to share a sea raycer). Then last night, I did more digging and found out that you have to be 16 to drive at the MK resorts (probably because of the bigger lake and such). SO I think we'll just rent the slower ones on the Sassagoula River at POR. That eliminates taking anything with us except us (and our room key--better wear that on a lanyard and tucked in the shirt!). We'll walk to POR (staying at POFQ) and then rent for an hour, then snag a taxi to the GF for a massage/arcade/tea afternoon. The experience won't be as "big" but that's ok--it's his first time driving anything other then Autopia/Indy Speedway, so perhaps the river is better anyway.

What do you think?

Wfoxx
09-27-2007, 05:44 AM
You can try renting a pontoon boat. We have done this many times. Not as exciting as a speed boat. Our girls like being able to move around and the waves form the other boats make it fun. You can rent it at the Poly or the GF or WL. Our girls and friends have had alot of fun on the pontoon and they have taken the wheel a time or two.

TinaMouse
09-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh--hey--GREAT idea! I hadn't thought of that. I've never driven one--is it for "beginner" skippers?

Gee whiz, I could take all of my stuff with me and I could wear street clothes instead of bathing suits--good for EVERYONE on the lake ;)

You're great! Terrific idea! You fixed the whole dilemma! SOLD!

anniedg
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh, Tina -- sorry about the sea raycers, but now they're something you can look forward to in a few years!

The pontoon boats are a great idea wfoxx. We've never rented them at WDW, but have at a reservoir close to home. They are not hard to drive at all, and we are definitely "beginner skippers"!! And as wfoxx said, the kids can take turns too. Sounds fun!

Wow, your trip is just around the corner now :D

TinaMouse
09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah--I'm only 16 days away! I can hardly wait! I have just a few more little details to finish up.

I'm actually ok about the pontoon, as I was more nervous about 12yo driving the sea raycers. We were right AT the weight limit for the raycers, so we'd probably be putting around anyway if we went together.

This is actually a fabulous idea. Although I can't use my voucher for the sea raycer (90 min for 60 min price), it is still about what I budgeted for 2 raycers so we're good.

Wfoxx
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Glad I could help. The pontoon is very easy to drive and steer. My Mom who is paralyzed on her left side can even steer it with one hand. Hope you have a great time and let us know how the pontoon worked out.

mnursula
09-29-2007, 08:27 AM
What is the weight limit for the sea raycers? DH and I are not petite :):)

TinaMouse
09-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Me either. I'm about a size 16/18, and son is a men's small.

I've seen it posted on several sites and the weight changes--I've seen anywhere from 250 to 325. OK if it is an adult and a child, but a good sized adult and a teen or up is going to be tough.

Here's the actual quote from allearsnet.com--

Minimum age is 12, height requirement is 5 feet. Combined maximum weight limit for all passengers is 320 pounds. All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign a release. Drivers 18 years of age must provide ID with birth date. $24 per 1/2 hour.

anniedg
09-29-2007, 02:30 PM
We rented them at the Contemporary last June. My two "boys", 15 and 19 shared one, they have to weigh at least 320 together (probably more like 340). My husband and I also shared one, we're about 310 together. The CM at the marina didn't bat an eye or ask a thing about our weights. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that we could still zip around pretty fast on them, didn't feel like we were too weighted down at all -- although since we were all sharing I don't really have a basis for comparison.

TinaMouse
09-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, alrighty then---I have the option, then! Thanks!