PDA

View Full Version : Two walking questions

jcruise86
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
1. How far do you think the average Disneyland or California Adventure guests walk from the time they enter and leave leave the park through the turnstiles? (i.e. Please don't include the walk to the entrance. And please assume they spend their entire day inside of one park.) :confused:
2. How far is the walk from the Mickey and Friends parking lot (strarting from near the spot where most enter the tram to ride to the park) to the park entrance if you opt to walk instead of taking the tram. :confused:

If there were a third question it might be, "How many bites of one churro does it take to replace all the calories burned off by walking?" :~D

Foodie
09-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Gosh, that's a hard call. I would feel comfortable saying a few miles at least. I've often thought about taking a pedometer into the park and seeing how many steps I take in an average day. The problem is it's not as much walking, but standing and moving through lines. So, you're on your feet for a long time, but you slowly move through lines which doesn't really count as much. I dunno about the parking lot question because we never park there. And as for the churros...I thought the Disney magic made them fat and calorie free...!!

-Foodie :D

Malcon10t
09-23-2007, 07:23 PM
2. How far is the walk from the Mickey and Friends parking lot (strarting from near the spot where most enter the tram to ride to the park) to the park entrance if you opt to walk instead of taking the tram. :confused:
From tram pick up to tram drop off, following the walking route is about .48 miles (using gmap-pedometer.com.)

DizneyMommy
09-24-2007, 06:12 AM
I have an odometer on my stroller and occassionally remember to reset it and glance at it when we leave (I mostly just use it for a clock). In just a few hours in the park I easily log 3 miles. I'd say in a full day you could do well over 6. But, I don't usually take the tram or use the train or monorail to get where I am going because I have the stroller and am usually alone.

Just reference as well, CHOC Walk covers a pretty good distance inside both parks, covering most of the area, and it is about 3 miles. It is a straight walk through though, no backtracking for rides or food. Most people do not plan their day that way, usually you end up back and forth a lot across the parks for food or a show or something.

VickiC
09-24-2007, 06:47 AM
I wore my pedometer one day that we were there from 9 am to 7 pm and logged 7.5 miles. I was there with a 5 year old and an 8 year old, both walking as well, so I was probably slowed down a bit by that. A group of adults or an adult alone might walk even more than that in a day.

ladodgerjon
09-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Just reference as well, CHOC Walk covers a pretty good distance inside both parks, covering most of the area, and it is about 3 miles.

I used a ped meter once-- we did somewhere between 5 & 6 miles on our visit.

Speaking of the CHOC Walk, what is the route used for that event? I looked EVERYWHERE on their site last week and could not find a posted route.

Any info on that, Mommy?

MrsPooh
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
We used a pedometer last visit too, and we clocked 4-5 miles a day.

Petersgj
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
This was discussed already this year. See the following link for the discussion.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=65364

DizneyMommy
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I used a ped meter once-- we did somewhere between 5 & 6 miles on our visit.

Speaking of the CHOC Walk, what is the route used for that event? I looked EVERYWHERE on their site last week and could not find a posted route.

Any info on that, Mommy?

They change it up a little each year on the DL side but it always starts on Main St, the starting line is at the hub and people fill up all the way to the train station waiting (you do NOT want to be at the end of that!) Then it usually goes left through Adventureland, over by the river, makes a U, then through Fantasy Land, a little through Tomorrowland sometimes, and then out. In DCA, it goes in the front gate, left down Hollywoood, right towards TOT, through a CM gate that is usually closed and through the backlot behind Bug's Land, back in on the other side of Bug's, over the bridge on the lagoon, around the entire pier area, left at Golden Dreams, and out an emergency gate near the big airplane parked before Soarin. That takes you to the finish line in DTD. Every year they change DL up a little because there are so many options there, but DCA does not have a lot of room for change. In DL, they always seem to choose the tighest walking paths possible to cram 15,000 people into and the walk through there is VERY slow until the crowd breaks up a lot in DCA because it is more open.

Hope that helps!