PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland is now $66, prices went up on all tickets and AP's today

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Darkbeer
09-21-2007, 09:43 AM
New prices as of September 21st, 2007

Single Day, Single Park is now $66 ($3 increase), Kids 3 thru 9 are $56

Single Day ParkHoppers are now $91 ($8 increase), $81 for kids 3 thru 9

Annual Passes

Premium $379 ($20 increase)

Deluxe $259 ($20 increase)

Southern California $169 ($15 increase)

Southern California Select $129 ($5 increase)

Disney also raised the Main Gate Multi-Day ParkHoppers that were going up in price in January and made them effective today!

MAIN GATE PRICING

A 2 Day ParkHopper is up $10, $132 for Adults, $112 for kids 3 thru 9

A 3 Day ParkHopper is up $10, $189 for adults, $159 for kids 3 thru 9

A 4 Day ParkHopper is up $5, $214 for Adults, $184 for kids 3 thru 9

A 5 Day ParkHopper is up $5, $234 for Adults, $204 for kids 3 thru 9

Advance Purchase discounts are also returning for 3 day or more ParkHoppers...

A 3 Day ParkHopper is up $10, $169 for adults, $139 for kids 3 thru 9, $20 savings

A 4 Day ParkHopper is up $5, $184 for Adults, $154 for kids 3 thru 9, $30 savings

A 5 Day ParkHopper is up $5, $194 for Adults, $164 for kids 3 thru 9, $40 savings

Andrew
09-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm trying to renew Jennifer's AP online right now and it's not accepting any credit card I enter. I suppose the pricing change has broken their credit card processing, or something.

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 10:04 AM
O-M-G $91 for a single day hopper???? YIKES! Who in their right mind would buy that?

Darkbeer
09-21-2007, 10:09 AM
O-M-G $91 for a single day hopper???? YIKES! Who in their right mind would buy that?

$25 extra to take some of the day you could be spending at Disneyland and visiting DCA instead. Not me.

And why are they doing this when areas of DCA are going to be closed off due to construction in the next year? They want more for less....

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 10:13 AM
And why are they doing this when areas of DCA are going to be closed off due to construction in the next year? They want more for less....

I didn't even think of that, good point! That just makes it even worse!

Too bad they don't have a discounted 2 days in One park pass for those that have no interest in DCA. Although I guess that would go against every marketing fundamental in the textbook.

Wallad1075
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
IMO opinion now DL isnt worth $66. I even had a hard time with the last $63 change.

DCA is definately not. Especially during the upcoming construction periods.

Granted I have an AP and will continue to go. But still, I feel for those trying to plan a 1 day trip. :(

SANDYMARIE
09-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Boy! I'm glad I got ours back in May! Didn't even know about an increase.

TTFN

Mr.Bear
09-21-2007, 10:43 AM

I would suspect someone who wants to experience the joy and wonder of Disneyland.

Try creating an adventure or experience you will remember your life time any cheaper than this. If someone thinks it's not worth it, they don't really appreicate what Disneyland is or they go to much.

I'd pay twice that to spend a day in Disneyland right now.
Memories are priceless.

Second Star
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I would suspect someone who wants to experience the joy and wonder of Disneyland.

Try creating an adventure or experience you will remember your life time any cheaper than this. If someone thinks it's not worth it, they don't really appreicate what Disneyland is or they go to much.

I'd pay twice that to spend a day in Disneyland right now.
Memories are priceless.

I agree! :) The feeling that comes over me, just walking under the arch and on to Main Street is just about priceless. :D:D:D

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 11:16 AM
If someone thinks it's not worth it, they don't really appreicate what Disneyland is or they go to much.

I'm assuming that was directed at me and honestly I am offended.

My POINT was not that DL is not worth paying for in general, it was that a one day ticket is not a good value as opposed to a 2 or 3 day ticket or a pass when you look at the prices.

cstephens
09-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Yes, it's a lot of money, but it's also for a full day's worth of entertainment. Prices for Broadway shows and sports events that last a couple of hours cost in the same neighborhood.

And yes, having a pass is the best deal, but that only works if the parameters of the pass fit your life.

disneyperson
09-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Our APs expire on October 27 and we just got a mailing asking us to renew at 20.00 dollars off the old prices if we do so before they expire. I hope they'll still honor that.

ladodgerjon
09-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I agree! :) The feeling that comes over me, just walking under the arch and on to Main Street is just about priceless. :D:D:D

I would suspect that you will be enjoying that experience with fewer folks around you.

The reality is that's a LOT of money to many folks.

C'mon: nearly a hundred bucks? Wow! People are gonna need to take out some of those sub-prime/interest only loans to finance a family outing to the park! I bet Knotts, SeaWorld and Six Flags will amp-up some price competition/ ad campaign featuring more of those "buy-one-day-get-the-year-free" deals in an effort to capture the "fallout folks" that don't think it's worth spending $400+ on a SINGLE DAY'S adventure for a family of four.

I'll make a prediction, though: Disney will adjust the pricing for DCA or the parkhopper as the complaints rise from guests about "paying more for less" during construction. If it's not a price adjustment, then it'll come in the form of special offers/incentives/packages. Just watch...

Wallad1075
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM

My POINT was not that DL is not worth paying for in general, it was that a one day ticket is not a good value as opposed to a 2 or 3 day ticket or a pass when you look at the prices.

I'm going to agree. While $66 is pricey, $91 is definately too much. Especially when you consider thats only 1 day to try and experience as much as you can in both parks. Now during a peak season, when you have DL open from 8-12 and DCA open from 9-10 or 11 or whenever, then it's a bit more doable. But right now, with the early closing times, you'd be lucky to experience 75% of both parks in one day.

If you're going to drop $91 for 1 day, you might as well just drop another 100 and get hotel and add a 2nd day to that.

Disneyland is a place of happiness and memories. It should't be a place where towards the end of your day you start thinking, okay what part time job do I need to get now to make up for this trip.

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Our APs expire on October 27 and we just got a mailing asking us to renew at 20.00 dollars off the old prices if we do so before they expire. I hope they'll still honor that.

I believe if you already got the letter, and you do it by mail, then you will still get the lower price. But if you try to do it online it will probably give you the new price. Either way you'll get the $20 off, it is just off of what that is the question.

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm going to agree. While $66 is pricey, $91 is definately too much. Especially when you consider thats only 1 day to try and experience as much as you can in both parks. Now during a peak season, when you have DL open from 8-12 and DCA open from 9-10 or 11 or whenever, then it's a bit more doable. But right now, with the early closing times, you'd be lucky to experience 75% of both parks in one day.

THANK YOU! Exactly what I meant. They are charging way too much for one day's admission to two parks that you'll barely get halfway through before closing, when you could pay $40 more and get 2 days and get to experience almost everything you want in that time. It is a much better value for your money to buy a 2 day or more.

I am sure to an extent it is intentional though. If they jack up the one day price to an unreasonable level then more people will buy a 2 day or more, and that is more money that those people will spend on food, parking, hotel, etc.

DisneyDustin22
09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Well...another increase in price. Ah well. We all knew this was coming eventually.

Guess I should plan a trip to Vegas and collect on some sports memorabilia so I can have some extra spending cash for my next DL trip.

p.s. Does anyone know where I can find a good digital voice recorder?? ;)

JoeCool
09-21-2007, 11:42 AM

The price is steep. But friends of mine who were on the last day of a business trip bought a one-day hopper so they could experience both parks in one day. Granted, they paid out of their own pocket and were short on time. But at least they got to do what they wanted.

JoeCool
09-21-2007, 11:45 AM

A Broadway show and dinner for one is well over $91. DL and DCA are worth it. Disney wants people to buy multi-day passes. Tickets to MBL game with food and souvenirs are well over $91. NFL tickets and music concerts are just as pricey and only last a few hours.

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 12:07 PM
A Broadway show and dinner for one is well over $91. DL and DCA are worth it. Disney wants people to buy multi-day passes. Tickets to MBL game with food and souvenirs are well over $91. NFL tickets and music concerts are just as pricey and only last a few hours.

You don't get free food at Disneyland, last I checked, so adding food to these other attractions cost makes no sense at all. If you are going to do that, then add another $100 to the cost of a DL ticket to cover the food and souveniers and parking, and now you're making an even comparison. Now you're up to $191 per person for one day at DL in both parks.

I don't see how a day at DL compares to a Broadway show. Nevertheless, you can buy tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway, in NY, for as little as $51.

And you must be getting ripped off when you buy NHL and MBL tix. You can buy Angels tickets for as little as $9 for a regular season game, and Ducks tickets start at $18.50. And for that matter, you can buy a family pack for either one, the Ducks including 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks for $66 total. My point, they don't HAVE to cost $100, I realize glass seats on the ice are more pricey. I don't see how a Ducks game in any way compares to attending an amusement park for the day either.

Second Star
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
We've been to DLR 5 times in the last 10 year and 3 of those in the last 2 1/2, never less than 3 days. How many people actually only go for one day, and that doesn't include those of who have AP's and live down there? ;)

Niwel
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't see how a day at DL compares to a Broadway show. Nevertheless, you can buy tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway, in NY, for as little as $51.

Sure. But add another $14 to that and instead of two hours of amusement, you have 12-16.

And as far as food goes at DL, those who want to cut costs can
a) bring their own and eat at the picnic area
b) eat off site
c) share meals
d) eat kids meals

Yes, it is getting pricey, but those of us with APs know how many visits we can take so it pays off. A one-day hopper is $91; if I go four times on my premium (which includes parking), any trips after that are technically free.

Although I agree that DCA is so NOT worth the same amount (especially with so much closed) -- they should either lower the DCA one day or lower the hopper price. OR perhaps they need a deal where an AP can get discount on one-days -- based on the level of AP you have.

I guess if Disney is trying to keep crowds down, this will do it.
My mom is coming into town in November and wants me to go with her to DL for a day -- she hasn't heard about the price hike.

Mr.Bear
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM

My post was my view of ticket prices.
It is your choice in life if YOU choose to be offended. For me I have better things to do in my life than CHOOSE to be offended. No one can offend me if I don't allow myself to be offended. My post had nothing to do with you DizneyMommy.

I hope you don't take offence to this. Just wanted to make myself clear. Its like looking at the glass half full or half empty. I see the glass as overflowing with an abundance of air which we all need to live. Its all how you WANT to look at things.

JoeCool
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
You don't get free food at Disneyland, last I checked, so adding food to these other attractions cost makes no sense at all. If you are going to do that, then add another $100 to the cost of a DL ticket to cover the food and souveniers and parking, and now you're making an even comparison. Now you're up to $191 per person for one day at DL in both parks.

And you must be getting ripped off when you buy NHL and MBL tix. You can buy Angels tickets for as little as $9 for a regular season game, and Ducks tickets start at $18.50. And for that matter, you can buy a family pack for either one, the Ducks including 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks for $66 total. My point, they don't HAVE to cost $100, I realize glass seats on the ice are more pricey. I don't see how a Ducks game in any way compares to attending an amusement park for the day either.

I live in NYC and tickets to see Lion King are easy to get. Your $51 ticket will be way in the back. Try getting tickets to Wicked. I am not getting ripped off. It is an entertainment experience. Tickets to NFL games are not cheap. Concerts are not cheap. Disneyland is an entertainment experience.

JoeCool
09-21-2007, 12:49 PM

I have season tickets for the Yankees and for the Mets.