PDA

View Full Version : Candy Corn Acres

DizneyMommy
09-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Has anyone seen this yet? I heard that pieces of it have been going in all week, but never made it over there to see. Is it just a bunch of candy corn growing out of the planters? Or is there something interactive about it? I think I must be missing the point, Disney seems to be really hyping this and it seems no different to me than changing the Mickey flowers inside DL. Anyone?

missmonkey
09-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Candy Corn Acres is set up in the central courtyard near DCA's entrance. It's past the Golden Gate Bridge and in front of the fountain. It features candy corn "growing" in various configurations. The ones I saw on a recent visit were candy corn growing on vines in grape-like clusters, on cactuses prickly-pear-style and on corn stalks corn-style. There's nothing interactive about it. You just walk past, take a look and exclaim, "Ooh, clever!"

I didn't realize that there was hype about it. It is cute, though.

olegc
09-21-2007, 09:31 AM
IMHO it's merely intended as a photo op item, something to see when you get there. More and more the multi-visit guest (several times over a few months) is not the intended target for some of these seasonal things. So - no - no interactive ploy here. Just get your rear through the gate and pay your fee, thank you....

Bytebear
09-21-2007, 09:35 AM
As I recall they did something like that last year at the Bountiful Farms area near the entrance to A Bug's Land. I guess they got a lot of comments on it and decided to expand the idea.

vfire
09-22-2007, 09:37 AM
There's a little show on a make-shift stage in front of the acres. Basically for kids and spinning a wheel a la fortune for jokes and maybe small prizes. CMs handed out candy corn tattoo patches to all the kiddies in the audience. Nothing really special though.

kennythepirate
09-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I know as adults we think that small prizes, candy and tatoo patches aren't much, but my little ones love things like that. My 8 year old son's best memory from June is simply battling against Darth Maul and getting a little certificate.

DizneyMommy
09-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I know as adults we think that small prizes, candy and tatoo patches aren't much, but my little ones love things like that. My 8 year old son's best memory from June is simply battling against Darth Maul and getting a little certificate.

Oh, I know. My 2 year old LOVES that silly little show thing they do on Main St at halloween, Main Street Pumpkin Festival. We saw it a handful of times last year, she she was just tickled watching it yesterday while my husband just groaned at how cheesy it was :-). And of all things, coloring a baby pumpkin with crayons in Woody's Roundup - highlight of her night.

cstephens
09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
It was really cute, but it was advertised as being from Sunshine Plaza to Bountiful Farms, but it was really only in Sunshine Plaza, so I was a little disappointed. I hate candy corn myself, but I think it's funny. I loved the candy corn "carrots" and "coconuts". And Heimlich periodically pokes his head up from the "bite" in the humongoid candy corn.

Mermaid
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I saw it last weekend. It was pretty cute but more of a diversion. There are some guys dressed kinda like scarecrows on stilts that hand out tattoos. They are playing all songs with "candy" in the name in the plaza. It was super cute except I think there are 5 songs on the loop.