PDA

View Full Version : Can you still create VMK accounts at Disneyland?

MileHighAko
09-21-2007, 05:37 AM
My son is very excited about creating a VMK account at disneyland, because apparently your character gets some special pin. Bu I thought I read that the VMK kiosk was removed from DL. Anyone have any ideas on this? Its all new to me, but quite important to him.

Thanks.

PinokeFan
09-21-2007, 07:56 AM
The VMK quest-redemption kiosk was removed, but you can still create a new character at the VMK computer terminals inside Innoventions in Tomorrowland. (I did it just two weeks ago. ;))

The character gets a badge designating they were "Born in the Park". Additionally, they get a lot of free stuff right off the bat. 200 credits, a Disneyland pin, a bunch of T-shirts & tank tops, sneakers, jeans, a green turnstile, Black Mickey Ears (a prized item!), and 4 extra rooms: the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, Boot Hill Shooting Gallery, Mad Hatter's Tea Party, and Nautilus Submarine Room.

Hint: Since he gets to pick a room when he creates a character anyway, he should pick one that is not one of those four (say, for example, Tomorrowland Outerspace or Malificent's Evil Fortress). That way he'll end up with 5 different rooms to start. Also, he can try to pick an initial outfit that doesn't include clothes that will be gifted to him. Long-sleeve shirts (like the Pirate sweatshirts) and any shoes other than sneakers are good choices.

Hope that helps!

MileHighAko
09-21-2007, 01:26 PM
THANK YOU for the detailed answer. He is twice as excited now. We'll it Innovations before we return to Colorado on Monday. :)