PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia's Smile:

MonorailMan
07-19-2002, 03:59 AM
Is it just me, or are Cynthia's smiles looking more and more phoney?

This Pic Shows It All: (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/CynthiaMickeyDanielWithAward.jpg)

Oh well. :D

Moderator's Note: In-line photo removed for size. Link above is valid.

tabacco
07-19-2002, 05:33 AM
They're not. I can't tell you much about Cynthia, but the smiles are real. Trust me, you can tell the difference, at least in person :)

AVP
07-19-2002, 08:05 AM
If I had to stand still in the blazing sun for a few hundred photos, I imagine my smile would look pretty tired.

AVP

Allysen1Derland
07-19-2002, 08:36 AM
I thought Cynthia's smile was lovely!:) What I found in the photo to be far more alarming was Mickey Mouse, looking like he's ready to step on that guys foot! Haha!:D

disguy
07-19-2002, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know her age..her face seems not to old but then her hands show another age

RStar
07-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Can anyone say FACE LIFT?:D

J/K. Cynthia's one of the most real of the suits on stage I have heard about. I hate smiling for my pic. as well. Perhaps she was about to speak when the shot was taken, who knows.

Gemini Cricket
07-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by AVP
If I had to stand still in the blazing sun for a few hundred photos, I imagine my smile would look pretty tired.

I agree. It's tiresome to look at a whole bunch of cameras and smile, and at the same time trying to figure out which way you should look etc. I'm sure she also knows how a picture of a serious, scowling, or angry faced executive could be misconstrued by guests or unofficial fan sites. :)
With Disney, it's all about image.
So, smile away, Cynthia. :)

adriennek
07-19-2002, 10:33 AM
I've spoken with Cynthia a couple of times in person. Lemme tell you, if she's faking it, she's doing a REALLY REALLY good job. She knows how to work people. I don't mean that as a critcism but a compliment. She really listens and looks you IN THE EYE.

It was a hot, sunny, and bright, I'm sure it wasn't the most comfortable situation but I don't believe she was phoney.

Adrienne K

MonorailMan
07-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Ok, the truth:

I'm trying to make chatter to kill time. :)

Gemini Cricket
07-19-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Ok, the truth:

I'm trying to make chatter to kill time. :)
3 more days, MM! :)

Not Afraid
07-19-2002, 11:15 AM
I met Cynthia in person on Wednesday (c/o AdrienneK) and she seemed very sincere. I gave her a MP button and she was very gracious. I saw nothing phoney in the brief meeting.

MouseWife
07-19-2002, 11:58 AM
I just took a look at the photo.

Looks like she just has a thin upper lip.

About the hands;

Let it be a lesson to all of us. Sunscreen. Not just for when you go out on an outing. With all of the time we spend driving.........

Take it from someone who can't believe she has sunspots........

Put sunscreen on your hands everyday!!!

And, use sunscreen always, too.

Okay. That is all I will say about that.

Rallymonkey23
07-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I met Cynthia in person on Wednesday (c/o AdrienneK) and she seemed very sincere. I gave her a MP button and she was very gracious. I saw nothing phoney in the brief meeting.

I agree with AdrienneK and NA. I also got to meet Cynthia breifly and she seemed to be pretty upbeat for just meeting and talking to a few hundered people before making her way towards our table. It looked as if she was enjoying herself and her job. That's all that matters, right?

HBTiggerFan
07-19-2002, 01:35 PM
I also met Cynthia (Thanks Adrienne) and she seemed sincere.

RStar
07-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I met Cynthia in person on Wednesday (c/o AdrienneK) and she seemed very sincere. I gave her a MP button and she was very gracious.

I'll say it again, BOY YOU'RE NOT AFRAID are you?!!:eek:

Wouldn't it be funny if she put it on and sat at a meeting with Eisner, ect.?:D

I could see it now "Cindy, what is that you're wearing?"

Oh, just something a friend gave me in the park, Mike."

He HE He HE!!!:D :D

You're going to HAVE to tell Al, he'll get a kick out of it!!

Morrigoon
07-21-2002, 06:33 PM
Cynthia's very nice. I spoke with her a couple of times... totally approachable. She either genuinely cares about what you have to say, or she's a DARN good manager, because she sure gives the impression that she cares! If she really is listening, wonderful; if she's just pretending, then at least she values people enough to give them the impression that their opinion matters. For my part, the second time I spoke with her she actually wrote stuff down. I don't care if she tosses it later, at least she appeared to be listening. (Still waiting for the blue Sleeping Beauty merch, Cynthia!)