PDA

View Full Version : Last Monday's fireworks?

goofey
07-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Anyone know why the fireworks stopped halfway through the show this past Monday, June 15?

Darkbeer
07-18-2002, 08:58 PM
They had a new tech working who "messed" up (and is no longer a new tech........)

RStar
07-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Woa!:eek: That's a pretty big mess-up! To completely kill a show half way through! Yikes! I can see how that could happen, they have to keep the fireworks on schedual, so you don't have time to restart the show from where it left off, and it definatly can't start all over. I must take hours to set up. I wonder if DL paid for that show at all (they may have saved $20,000 that night!).

Bill Catherall
07-19-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RStar
I wonder if DL paid for that show at all (they may have saved $20,000 that night!).
Then the new tech shouldn't have been fired. He just saved the company a bunch of money and justified his salary in only one night. That's pretty impressive. Afterall...it's all about making money. Wouldn't the stockholders be happy? :rolleyes:

Ghoulish Delight
07-19-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

Then the new tech shouldn't have been fired. He just saved the company a bunch of money and justified his salary in only one night. That's pretty impressive. Afterall...it's all about making money. Wouldn't the stockholders be happy? :rolleyes: Actually, what I believe (get it, Believe!? anyway) RStar meant was that Disney pays an outside fireworks angency to put the show on. If that's true (and I don't know that it is), the tech would have been THEIR employee, not Disney's. So, again assuming there is an third party here, having messed the show up, it's doubtful they will get full (if any) fair for the evening, puting them out a lot of money.

Bill Catherall
07-19-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Disney pays an outside fireworks angency to put the show on.
Oh, they do? Hmmm... Well then maybe Disney could hire that tech and have him ruin a few shows that the park puts on and make more money for the park. :p

RStar
07-19-2002, 09:45 AM
Yes, it is an outside company doing the fireworks. So the tech would have been fired (get it? Fired...never mind...) for (possably) costing this company the $20,000 or at least the half they didn't set off (cosider it loosing a $10,000 to $20,000 sale) by the outside company. However, I don't know what is in the contract about cancelled shows due to weather (they may spend hours setting up before it's cancelled), or technical flubs as this. They may have a set dollar amount for this type of thing. But I belive (yes, I know:D ) that either way the pyrotechnic company lost money, which means DL gained. Unless there is a clause that the Pyro co. gets the full amount for tech flubs, but knowing Disney legal I doubt that.

Rallymonkey23
07-19-2002, 12:04 PM
OK, I'm confused now. Cause last night Rob (the piano man) was standing on Main Street looking up to the guys that stand on the roof, waving to them. He then said that one of the guys named Mickey (how convenient huh? :D ) up there was his 25th year anniversary of working at Disneyland. So now I don't know what to think about this whole "other" company stuff. Does anyone know exactly what them guys do up there anyways?