PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic buffet

ksejr1
07-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi I am going to the fantasmic buffet for the first time on saturday the 27th. I was just wondering if anyone out there had anything to say about the whole experience, comments, anything at all. Does anyone know exactly what kind of desserts they serve? I paid for the one up in the balcony. Thanks:D

LibraryGirl
07-18-2002, 09:45 PM
I hope you have a great time on the balcony. Be sure to get there about an hour early because you start lining up in the courtyard right behind the Disney Gallery.

The two times I have been on the balcony were wonderful. Not only was the view perfect, the desserts and the drinks were fantastic. The service by the CMs was first rate. We have never been disappointed!!!

There was chessecake, cake, some pastries, and fresh fruit. You can drink coffee, tea, iced tea and (my personal favorite) mint julep. You can have as much as you want, so make sure to eat a light dinner and save up for all of the yummy sweets.

My husband and I bought balcony seats for our entire group (6 people) last time we were there because they had never seen Fantasmic and wanted to make sure their experience was perfect.

I know your experince will be great!! Enjoy the food and the good service!!

leota's necklace
07-18-2002, 10:00 PM
We were on the balcony about a month ago. The desserts included an amazing chocolate fudge layer cake; little cups of creme brulee', cheesecake, tiny strawberry tarts, and skewers of fresh fruit (the best strawberries on the planet, plus honeydew and canteloupe) with chocolate dipping sauce on the side.

Drinks include lemonade and soft drinks, as well as the aforementioned beverages.

We arrived on the patio an hour beforehand and were seated next-to-last, as the people in front of us held the places for the rest of their party, who showed up just before we were seated. Imagine our surprise when two people grew into seven or eight. If you have a preference about being seated first, you might want to go upstairs earlier...but of course it doesn't matter much, our seats were great regardless, and our hosts made sure we were quite comfortable and unhurried as we made our dessert selections.

Enjoy your trip!

dsny1mom
07-18-2002, 10:16 PM
I think I can give you some fairly up to date info on the balcony, as we just did it July 4th, 10th and 13th. :)

The desserts we had were: Chocolate Mouse cake and Cheese cake (same ones as served at Cub 33). Mini pastries that changed each time including; eclairs, fruit tarts, lemon thingys, cherry slices, and probably a few I'm forgetting, fresh fruit skewers with chocolate sauce and an assortment of cheeses. Your beverages include mint juleps, lemonade, coffie, iced tea, and new this year sodas.

As far as what time to get up there, I'd go up there the day before your ressies and ask if they are still doing a pre-check in and if they are all you have to do is leave your name around 8PM, the day of your ressie, and then you can go out and do other things until your seating at 8:30. If you want front row, I suggest getting there by 7:30 to make sure you are one of the first groups to check in. If you have the later show you should be able to check in any time after 8Pm and then go out and do lots of other things until you are seated at 10PM.

The first night we were there they weren't doing the pre-check in but the other two nights they were, I hope they continue this system, as it is very convinient.

If you got the 9PM show you'll be able to stay on the balcony for the fireworks. If you are bringing a video camera be sure to tape Fantasmic! from the balcony, as it's the best place to tape it.

Have fun and enjoy!!!

dsny1mom

dsny1mom
07-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Opps! All most forgot.....The dessert buffet also includes individual creme brulees, and they are *very* tasty!

dsny1mom

LibraryGirl
07-18-2002, 11:08 PM
I am so glad you guys mentioned the creme brulee... I think I was in a mint julep stupor!! It gives me a reason to go back to the balcony when I next go!!

SzczerbiakManiac
07-19-2002, 06:58 AM
From reading the previous posts, it would appear that milk is not a beverage option. Is this correct? I don't think I could handle a dessert buffet without a milk chaser...! :(

Is it just me or do chocolate cake (and many other desserts) & milk have a symbiotic relationship? ;)

roberts1398
07-19-2002, 07:36 AM
I agree... but I'm a milk-aholic!

OK, you guys, you're making me drool sitting at my desk at 8:30 in the a.m., with no possibility of nibbling on anything for 3.5 more hours! Cruel and unusual punishment!

I had just consoled myself and settled on the realization that I could not justify $90 for my 7 yr old and I to do the Fantasmic buffet, and that we'd have to settle for "street-level" view. Now I'm realllllllllly wanting to do it! But it's soooooo much money! Is that how much you guys paid this summer -- $45/person regardless of age? Phew... talk about blowing my budget! But it sounds sooooooo good, and this may be (sigh) the only time we get to see this show (it's our first time).

Oh, the horrors of having to be a grown-up when it comes to Disneyland. It was so much easier when I was just a kid and mom and dad were the bad guys if we didn't get to do what we wanted... :p

disguy
07-19-2002, 09:30 AM
When I was watching Fantasmic I noticed the people in the good seating got this little box..with there desert does anyone know what the box was for or what it had in it?

roberts1398
07-19-2002, 10:05 AM
That's the "dessert box sampler" option. What I don't know is who gets the buffet and who gets the box? And what is the price difference? As best I can figure, it's almost the same price!:confused:

LibraryGirl
07-19-2002, 10:31 AM
My 2 year old sat laps last year and didn't have to pay. She was small enough to stand and not disturb the line of sight.

ksejr1
07-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I can't wait!!!! I will try to get the first row. If I were to get anything else but the first row, is there a lot of problems with watching the show? I can't wait for the creme brulee. Yummy!! I will also try to record the show. There isn't any problem if I brought my tripod, is there????? The other seating with the sampler boxes I belive is only a couple of dollars less, I wanted the best. Thanks!!!!!!!!

dsny1mom
07-19-2002, 08:21 PM
roberts:

The balcony is where you get the buffet and the prefered seating area, in front of HM, is where you get the dessert box.

The prices for adults are basicaly the same, but at the prefered seating area children seats are $10 less, but they get a sundae and not the dessert box.

tiggergirl:

Some people don't mind the seats off to the side or the second row. But I pefer the front row. They were suppossed to cut back the tree yesterday that interfers with the sight line for those sitting on the right side of the balcony, but seeing as I'm no longer at DL I don't know if it happened or not.

As for your tripod, I'd ask before I drag it into the park. The balcony is small for the 21 guests and two servers. If you set up your camera I think you'd be taking a big risk of it being knocked over. Unless I was standing right next to it I wouldn't take the chance, but that's just me. :)

dsny1mom

roberts1398
07-20-2002, 06:05 AM
Ahhhhh, that explains it Dsny1mom ... it's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out! Thanks tons!