PDA

View Full Version : The Dole Stand

Jim Dear and Darling
09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Is the Dole Whip stand open this time of year, or only in the summer?

THpoohbear
09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
As far as I know, it's open year round, but it's not open for the entire day when park hours are long. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

DizneyMommy
09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
I have very rarely seen it closed. Maybe after dark in the winter during very slow periods, but even then it is usually open. That place has a line 6 deep any time day or night.

mousemom
09-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I've never stopped by there. What is the popular treat there?

ladodgerjon
09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I JUST had a whip on Sunday... and realized that the Tiki Room -- I think -- is the only attraction that let's you bring food inside (your Dole fruit... whip... or juice). I guess they realize that it wouldn't be fair to have guests purchase a Dole product, only to have you dump it in the trash minutes later just prior to entering the attraction.

I guess since this space was originally designed to be a restaurant, the flooring is perfect for mopping-up spills.

Ever notice this is one of the last "neck craning" attractions now that "America The Beautiful" is gone?

Also: anyone take note of the fact that the Tiki Room has it's own, dedicated, bathroom (near the entrance). They are TINY and still of the 60's era decor. Again, a holdover to this having been designed to originally serve as a restaurant.

ssturgeo
09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Popular Treat...

Depends on who you ask!! I am a Dole Whip kinda gal...MUST have one every day I am there!!

BUT...lots prefer the Dole Whip Float

cstephens
09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I JUST had a whip on Sunday... and realized that the Tiki Room -- I think -- is the only attraction that let's you bring food inside (your Dole fruit... whip... or juice).

The Aladdin and Jasmine storytelling right next door lets you bring food/drinks inside as well, and it also has its own restrooms.

Bytebear
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
The Aladdin and Jasmine storytelling right next door lets you bring food/drinks inside as well, and it also has its own restrooms.

Because it actually was once a restaurant. The Tahitian Terrace.

ladodgerjon
09-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Because it actually was once a restaurant. The Tahitian Terrace.

Exactly...

The Tiki Room never was an actual restaurant... but it's fun to see what remains of the original design.

CStephans are you becoming more contrary in your old age?? ;-)

peoplemover nic
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Actually, you can also bring food and drink aboard the Mark Twain...at least last time I was there you could! The Dole Whip is a cannot miss everytime I am there...YUM!:p

Poolslide
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
One of my favorite things at DL is to get a Dole Whip with the kids and go inside the waiting courtyard. My kids love to run around and listen to the various Tiki-gods do their spiel. Good old-fashioned fun whether we go inside to the Tiki room for the performance or not. Its such a great simple thing - hope nobody gets an idea to "fix" it.

daveywest
09-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Actually, you can also bring food and drink aboard the Mark Twain...at least last time I was there you could! The Dole Whip is a cannot miss everytime I am there...YUM!:p

I have an early memory of a drink/refreshment stand on the Mark Twain. Is that a real memory, or am I just making it up?

ladodgerjon
09-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I have an early memory of a drink/refreshment stand on the Mark Twain. Is that a real memory, or am I just making it up?

Wow-- haven't thought about that in AGES!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I ALSO recall a guy standing behind the bar serving drinks. Chips, too (I *think*).

I tell you what I miss: getting beef jerky (that was sorta bad) and those HUGE pickles inside the fort on Tom Sawyer's Island.