PDA

View Full Version : Some Tips and ?s

DisneyFreak2000
07-18-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm going to DL and DCA on Tuesday, July 23rd and I have a few questions.

1. How crowded will it be in the parks about on this day? How long do you think the wait will be for major rides in DL like Indy and stuff in the mornin and how long for major rides at DCA in mid afternoon?

2. If we hop over to DCA at around noon, what would the lines be like and what would be a reasonable routine to get FP or onto rides quickly? Any recomended times where the lines will drop down?

3. I want to cram in DEP, Fantasmic and the fireworks all together sort of. DEP is at like 9, the fireworks at 9:30 and I tihnk Fantasmic! at 10:30. As soon as DEP ends were gonna hop over to DL to see the fireworks. After the fireworks, where can we go to get a good seat for Fantasmic?

goofey
07-18-2002, 07:29 PM
3. I want to cram in DEP, Fantasmic and the fireworks all together sort of. DEP is at like 9, the fireworks at 9:30 and I tihnk Fantasmic! at 10:30. As soon as DEP ends were gonna hop over to DL to see the fireworks. After the fireworks, where can we go to get a good seat for Fantasmic?

Here's what I recommend in order to get the full experience of all three shows: I think DEP is at 8:45 on M-Th, but you might want to double check that. Watch DEP from the Sun Plaza area, like right in front of Greetings or Engin-Ears Toys. Right when it ends, make a mad dash for DL and you'll be able to get a good spot right at the hub for the fireworks. After the fireworks end (9:45ish or so), walk through Frontierland to the Rivers of America to watch the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic.

My personal favorite spot to watch Fantasmic is a standing area directly to the right of the center lighting tower (Tower B, I believe it's called), in front of the Pirates entrance, directly behind a light pole and a trash can. There's a small portion of the standing section that sticks to the side in a way that if you stand there, only seating area and an empty aisle are directly in front of you, and you have a good view of the center screen. Since this is at the very back of the viewing area, you can get there 30 minutes before the show and it'll still be there.

SoCalDisneyLover
07-18-2002, 07:35 PM
First, make sure you get a spot for the Electrical Parade near the front of the park. That is where the parade begins, and will be the first area to empty out. Make sure you are ready to bail once the "Salute To America" Float has passed. There will be others who have the same idea as you.

You may have to wait getting back into Disneyland and will probably be limited to viewing the Fireworks from Main Street, or crowding into the already packed hub. You may want to watch near the Coke Corner area, so that you can head over to New Orleans Square after the Fireworks Finale.

Grab a spot by around 10 PM for Fantasmic, and Enjoy! If you time it correctly, I think it's possible to do what you want, but be organized otherwise you'll get caught up in a mass of humanity.

RideMax Mark
07-18-2002, 08:22 PM
When you hop over to DCA, I would probably grap FPs for Soarin' and Griz right away. I believe Griz is still "disconnected" from the other FP attractions so you can get an FP there independent of others you may hold.

Darkbeer
07-18-2002, 08:55 PM
The Electricial Parade (DEP) is at 9:00 PM all some long

To answer your first question, the big ride probelm right now at DL is Splash due to the new 5 seat logs... For example, yesterday aat about 12:30 PM, they were handing out FP with a return time from PM to 7 PM, and about 2:30 PM, they ran out of FP's for Splash completely... So you have a couple of options, make it your first FP when you get in, but that stops you from getting another one for two hours (Except Pirates and Haunted Mansion, which are independent), or use Single Rider, if you don't mind breaking up your party, this IS the way to go, also Indy has Single Rider, which is another great time saver.... My top choice for FP (if you use the Single Rider Option) is Autopia, start there, then go ride Space, Star Tours and the Matterhorn in the stand by line, then go grab the Pirates and HM FP's, go ride Splash, Indy, Jungle Cruise and then Big Mountain Thunder Railroad, and by that time your Pirates, HM and Autopia FP's should be valid, depending on when you started you should be close to early Afternoon... if you still have time, pick a couple more attreactions, also before you ride Pirates and HMN, grab another FP so you can reride the two when you get back to DL.

DCA... I would place the following on your list, BLAST (3 PM show is good break from the sun and the heat), Eureka Parade is at 4:45 PM, if you are a "Starship" fan, they play at 5:45 PM, and of course, DEP at 9 PM, fit the attractions in... OK, Single Rider Passes, Soarin', Grizzly, Mulholland Madness and Maliboomer, so you can do those quickly, So a Screamin' FP would be my first choice, any other ride you won't need it.... Soarin' is good, GRR will get you wet, possible soaked, so be prepared....if you don't want to use the Single riders, then grab a Soarin and GRR FP, and when the Soarin' FP becomes valid, grab the Screamin' FP before riding Soarin'.

Attractions that are so-so and would only do if I had extra time...
Games of the Boardwalk, Golden Zepher, Jumpin Jellyfish, Carousel, Orange Stinger, S.S. rustworthy, Golden Dreams (a movie, and why it is a nice movie, it could eat up to 40 minutes of yur time if you pick the wrong time to enter the queue (right after the movie started for the last group), the Farm area, The Golden Vine Winery movie (if they are showing it), The Challenge Trail area (unless you have kids that need to get rid of a little energy) and the bakery/tortilla tours.

And yes, watch the DEP near the front gate, head over to Main Street and watch Believe from the middle of the street, try and get as far down the street before the fireworks start, then off to Fantasmic!, you should be able to find a seat in the lower area if you go over right after the fireworks!

Have a great trip!

HBTiggerFan
07-19-2002, 01:25 PM
There are free lockers over by GRR. They are free for 2 hours, so watch your time.