PDA

View Full Version : Question [Christmas Presents while @ Disney]

mgg1335
09-19-2007, 05:28 AM
I have an opinion question for you all. My husband and I are going to WDW for Christmas. :D Dec 21-28. Obviously we are spending ALOT of money to be there. We are debating what we should do about christmas presants for eachother. (Being an only child and a princess at heart I just can't bear to not have at least one thing to open on x-mas morning.:eek:) Have any of you had this dilema and if so what did you do?

I am thinking either a token presant each OR a stocking. that way there is no worry of stuff fitting in the suitcases.

Any suggestions would be GREAT...
...and YES I have seen the disney florist but they are a little pricey for the gifts that are the COOLEST.

jenjustinsmom
09-19-2007, 05:34 AM
I would go to the doller store and buy 4 sheets of wrapping paper and tape to put in your suitcase. Then I would go to DTD once you get there split up for 2 hours and buy for each other. Put a price limit on it. This way you have something to open and something to take home.

DoodleMushyBoo
09-19-2007, 05:43 AM
So this PAST holiday season we did this. My fiance (now fiance, we got engaged in Disney!) and my parents and my future in laws and future sister and brother in law and nephew all went to disney together. We went the week after Christmas. We decided for Christmas itself that we would do little things for each other.

Well being tight on cash (as most young couples are) we did this. . . we bought our families all a dinner at the hoop-de-doo review show (its lik e$50/pp) to do while we were there. And for each other we did Cirque tickets and dinner (i got the show and he got dinner ---- and a ring!) . . . . so thats what we did. That way we were still spending the money for disney we were likely to do anywho but now it was more meaningful. As far as stuff to OPEN? You can do disney money (disney dollars are fun, then you can only spend them at disney, although if youd ont' use them they exchange them back for you) or perhaps a scrapbook album to keep your memories in?

Do what you think is best but thats how we handled it!

yellowrosedtxn
09-19-2007, 06:33 AM
I am having the same kind of problem only it is going to be my dad, three kids and me going to Disneyland. So, what I am going to do is ship a box with some presents to our hotel with some Disney stockings (found at Wal-Mart $10.88 each) and in there will be some Disney Dollars, gift cards and Santa will give them a little something. That way I won't have to pack up things to take with us. They can use their gift cards on things there to either send home or if it can fit in the suitcase then take it home with us.

Mark099
09-29-2007, 07:56 PM
We had a family vacation of 11 people several years ago over Christmas and New Years. We did not exchange any gifts, but we did make sure that all the kids had something to open on Christmas morning.

That said, it's up to you to decide. If it was me, I would like the "buy for the kids only" way every Christmas. Yet, my wife keeps a mental Christmas list of at least 10 things 365 days a year.

scoobydooby
09-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Set a price limit between yourself and DH and do stockings - cheap and meaningful based on what you know about each other. Favourite chocs, a book by a favourite author, photo frame with a picture of a good memory, empty Disney photo frame to catch the next great memory, home made CD with a relationship full of 'best' tunes, bottle of champagne or fizzy wine.. Will take effort to achieve well, take a while to open and give you a romantic start to the day.