PDA

View Full Version : Frontierland shooting gallery

cstephens
09-18-2007, 02:20 PM
The shooting gallery in Frontierland is something I've never done before and never even paid any attention to, but since we'll have to be partaking in it sometime in the next couple months, we stopped by and had a look recently. I never knew that when you shoot the intended targets, different things happen, so that was fun to watch.

It's apparently not set on a timer as far as how many shots you get. It must keep count or something. Anyone done this before and know how many shots you get for the price?

Wallad1075
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
15 shots I believe.

Anyone?

Andrew
09-18-2007, 03:09 PM
We used the Shooting Gallery in the Saturday night section of the Fall 2005 MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/ma051016.htm). I was minding that quest and got to take the extra shots after the teams finished shooting. Most of the rifles are way off, but a couple of them are okay.

D15
09-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I've never counted (which is surprising, since we stop by at least once a visit), but 15 sounds just about right to me.

cstephens
09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Most of the rifles are way off, but a couple of them are okay.

By "way off", do you mean the alignment for shooting? The husband was showing me how to aim the rifles and then test for how the light beam actually falls so you can be accurate. Seemed kinda like the same idea as when I'm at Buzz Lightyear. I hope I get at least one shot on target...

Andrew
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
By "way off", do you mean the alignment for shooting? The husband was showing me how to aim the rifles and then test for how the light beam actually falls so you can be accurate.
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. I shot Expert in the Army (a long time ago :D) so the mis-aligned Shooting Gallery rifles were especially annoying.

Mermaid
09-18-2007, 05:12 PM
By "way off", do you mean the alignment for shooting? The husband was showing me how to aim the rifles and then test for how the light beam actually falls so you can be accurate. Seemed kinda like the same idea as when I'm at Buzz Lightyear. I hope I get at least one shot on target...
How do you that? Not that it matters, I probably do better with misaligned riffles!

danyoung
09-19-2007, 07:05 AM
I've been enjoying this attraction since the olden days when they used to actually shoot metal pellets at the tin targets. Of course, the rifles were mounted so that nasty little kids couldn't turn around and start shooting the bystanders. Very fun in either incarnation.

darph nader
09-19-2007, 06:44 PM
It's fun,low tech,just do it.;)

jonesin4Dland
09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. I shot Expert in the Army (a long time ago :D) so the mis-aligned Shooting Gallery rifles were especially annoying.

Are you sure they were mis-aligned?:p

Andrew
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Are you sure they were mis-aligned?:p
Yes.

Family of Four
09-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Just curious: what's the price for the 15 shots?

cstephens
09-20-2007, 08:45 PM
$.50 as I recall.