PDA

View Full Version : Area Groceries?

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-18-2002, 07:59 AM
Are there any food stores within walking distance of Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites? (1600 Harbour Blvd):confused:

Thanks,
Mickeyslittlehelper

Bill Catherall
07-18-2002, 08:05 AM
Check out these search results (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&&addr=1600+S+Harbor+Blvd&city=Anaheim&state=CA&zip=92802-2314&country=us&slt=33.809162&sln=-117.915134&cs=9&stp=y&stx=7766835) from Yahoo Maps. Looks like there's a Food 4 Less about 1.3 miles away and a Vons about 1.4 miles away. Is that walking distance for you?

Would a 7-11 Food Store 0.4 (or another at 0.6) miles away be what you're looking for?

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Thanks so much! that helps alot!:D

FOOD_AND_DRUG
07-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Mickeyslittlehelper
Are there any food stores within walking distance of Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites? (1600 Harbour Blvd):confused:

Thanks,
Mickeyslittlehelper

Hey Mickey's Little Helper....

Since you are from BC, you may already shop at Safeway. Here in southern California, Safeway operates as Vons.

The Vons noted here in an earlier post is a very, very small store and does not offer many of the services that can be found at more modern Vons stores.

The Food 4 Less on Katella (about 2 to 3 minutes west of Harbor Blvd) is a good alternative for low prices, but this store lacks any service departments (deli, bakery, seafood, etc.). The prices are relatively reasonable for a grocery store. Food 4 Less is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company.

If you are looking for a full-service FOOD_AND_DRUG store (hehe), there is an Albertson's/Sav-On combo store located south of your hotel on Harbor Blvd., just south of the intersection at Garden Grove Blvd. This is the largest full-service store closest to the Disneyland Resort. It should take about 5 to 7 minutes from your hotel.

If you belong to Costco in BC, they have a location in Garden Grove on Garden Grove Blvd., just west of Euclid, or you can go north of your hotel on Harbor, and the Costco in Fullerton will be on your right hand side. From your hotel, either Costco will take about 15 minutes in travel time.

Also, just about 2 minutes south of your hotel is Target. Target sells a limited number of grocery items (cereals, soups, ready-to-eat meals, bread, jelly, mayo, milk) at prices that are lower than most of the supermarkets.

If you are looking for a food item in particlular (allergies, dietary restrictions), let me know and I'll try to give you directions.

One thing the Disneyland resort lacks is a nearby full-service grocery store. It's really needed, but the economics of the local neighborhood will not sustain a full-service grocery store.

Disneyfan&mom
07-18-2002, 07:34 PM
This is fabulous info! I was hoping to get to a store the first day we arrive to pick up the essentials, like milk and cereal, etc. Do you think it would be difficult (or expensive) to take a taxi to Albertsons and back to get what we need? Is it near the Target store? (I love Target! heehee!)

Darkbeer
07-18-2002, 08:28 PM
The Food4Less is a full supermarket, and while it doesn't have an in-store bakery, it carries a full line of baked goods, and there is a "deli" section of pre-made sandwiches and other type of deli style products...

The cab fare to the Food4Less would be about $5, but make sure and not have the cab wait, it is about $25 per hour for the cab to wait.......

LPnerd
07-18-2002, 08:41 PM
what a great thread!! thanks for all the great info. I am going in Sept and would never have thought to ask this. ( DUHHHHH )

adriennek
07-18-2002, 11:01 PM
Let's remember, that the OP asked for stores within walking distance. The times listed by Food and Drug are (I think obviously,) driving times.

Adrienne K