PDA

View Full Version : Davy Jones Miscue on Pirates Ride on Sept. 15

disneyochem
09-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Rode POC on Saturday about 8 p.m. and noticed that the projection of Davy Jones was malfunctioning. The image was projected on the ground (or rather, in the water!) and the boat went right over it. Was a little strange--also there was no mist. I told a cast member about it after the ride. Anyone know what was up?

Secondly, maybe I never noticed it or not (or maybe I'm going crazy!) but has the dialog changed in one of the scenes? The first scene with Jack Sparrow--the language was in Spanish. The mayor's name was Pedro. Is this a change?!?! Or was I not paying attention?!?!

pastrylover
09-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I have never heard the mayor called Pedro...his wife always says no, no, no don't tell them Carlos, don't be chicken....

Andrew
09-17-2007, 09:05 AM
The Davy Jones fog effect was also broken yesterday, Sunday Sept. 16. Unfortunate that the fog is missing, but annoying because without it you get blasted by the video projector.

saucydiva
09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
We rode PoTC around 2PM on Sept 16 and the fog and Davy Jones projection were both working, although the projection is much shorter than it used to be (as noted elsewhere on these boards).

The dog who barks along with the minstrels was missing, and I was impressed that his barks were also absent from the soundtrack. That is a nice little detail.

Belgarion42
09-17-2007, 12:14 PM
We rode PoTC around 2PM on Sept 16 and the fog and Davy Jones projection were both working, although the projection is much shorter than it used to be (as noted elsewhere on these boards).

We rode around 3:00 or 3:30 on 9/16 and the fog wasn't working then, either.

yohomama212
09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
We were on POTC around 4:00 and the mist curtain was running just fine.

Someone had mentioned a week or so ago that they thought they saw three figures in the shadow fight scene. I watched it and I have to say I think I caught a third person swinging into the fray towards the end of the loop! Just my take on the scene!

Does anyone know how often they change the dresses on the mannequins that Jack is hiding behind?

Elizabeth

ghoofie
09-18-2007, 10:56 AM
I have never heard the mayor called Pedro...his wife always says no, no, no don't tell them Carlos, don't be chicken....

It's not chicken. It's cheeekin. LOL

pastrylover
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
It's not chicken. It's cheeekin. LOL

Your right, my bad! :)

pastrylover
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
We were on POTC around 4:00 and the mist curtain was running just fine.

Someone had mentioned a week or so ago that they thought they saw three figures in the shadow fight scene. I watched it and I have to say I think I caught a third person swinging into the fray towards the end of the loop! Just my take on the scene!

Does anyone know how often they change the dresses on the mannequins that Jack is hiding behind?

Elizabeth

I personally have only seen them change the dresses once.

HorizonsA
09-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't like that they keep making the projection shorter and shorter. First the fog was all the way down to the water where the boat went right through it. Then it went up to head level, now it's at arms length. I wish they do away with it, or at least put it on the lift hill?

ladodgerjon
09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't like that they keep making the projection shorter and shorter. (snip) I wish they do away with it, or at least put it on the lift hill?

GOOD IDEA! That would add a little intrigue to that part of the ride.

Pat-n-Eil
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Yeah, that'd be quite a change from Carlos to Pedro.. ;)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-24-2007, 06:31 AM
No Davy Jones on Sunday when we rode, and no Pirates at all Saturday!!!

darph nader
09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I know what you mean. Davy Jones has had such a tough time since the Monkees broke up.:D

(sorry,couldn't help myself)