PDA

View Full Version : Honarary Citizen Buttons at Disneyland

barely
09-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Are the Honorary Citizen buttons given out at DL 'magical'? I ask because we just got back from 5 days (M-F) at DL and DCA. On Thursday, a CM selected our 6 year-old for an interview for Disney.com regarding the Indiana Jones ride. (DS has black hair, brown eyes and is wearing a royal blue Nemo Sharks shirt). It will show on Disney.com on October 1st! At the end of the taping we signed a waiver and the CM gave each of us an Honorary Citizen button. Things started happening. CMs gave us front of the line passes and front row seats, and a CM even put our 6 year-old up front on the DL Railroad (without us even asking!). (Fireman Mike and Engineer Ricky were AWESOME in explaining to him how the train worked). We don't know if these things happened because of the buttons or if it was simply coincidence. Anyone have any idea? DL was wonderful, by the way. Most rides were walk-on, the most we waited in line (besides nemo) was 15 minutes. DCA was the same. WONDERFUL!

princessbelle35
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM
A CM gave my parents and I a Honorary Citizen sticker last year in May because my dad asked him to take a picture of us while we were waiting for the parade.. I don't remember anything special happening to us while we were wearing them..

But that is very cool your daughter will be on disney.com!!

Malcon10t
09-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Are the Honorary Citizen buttons given out at DL 'magical'? I ask because we just got back from 5 days (M-F) at DL and DCA. On Thursday, a CM selected our 6 year-old for an interview for Disney.com regarding the Indiana Jones ride. (DS has black hair, brown eyes and is wearing a royal blue Nemo Sharks shirt). It will show on Disney.com on October 1st! At the end of the taping we signed a waiver and the CM gave each of us an Honorary Citizen button. Things started happening. CMs gave us front of the line passes and front row seats, and a CM even put our 6 year-old up front on the DL Railroad (without us even asking!). (Fireman Mike and Engineer Ricky were AWESOME in explaining to him how the train worked). We don't know if these things happened because of the buttons or if it was simply coincidence. Anyone have any idea? DL was wonderful, by the way. Most rides were walk-on, the most we waited in line (besides nemo) was 15 minutes. DCA was the same. WONDERFUL!It was coincidence. You can go to City Hall and get one also. I'm glad you had a great time!

amarvel
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah i was going to say it must be a coincidence as well, we got those buttons at city hall when we got my sons first trip button. anyone could ask for them.

jrad32
09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
On a related subject are their first visit stickers/buttons in city hall as well?

Mrs Mouse
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
On a related subject are their first visit stickers/buttons in city hall as well?

Yes. You can get numerous different buttons from city hall, including:
- first visit
- honorary citizen
- happy birthday
- happy anniversary
- just married

These buttons are, for the most part, offered at other locations as well. I know that you can get them from the information board near the hub and CMs at rides have a selection of them as well.

There are also other buttons that you can get, but not upon request. My niece recieved a music button from being chosen to participate in a show with Donald on Main Street and a Nemo Subs button from a CM in Fantasyland. I also belive there are also buttons for those present at Mickey's Morning Madness in Toontown.

Darkbeer
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Here is a Big Hint, don't go to City Hall, since there is usually a long line.

Instead go to the Central Plaza (also known as the "Hub"), the wait board near the entrance to Adventureland also has all the buttons and hardly ever a wait.

They have Sharpie's to add your name to the Birthday buttons, and have all the different choices.

Disney Donna
09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Here is a Big Hint, don't go to City Hall, since there is usually a long line.

Instead go to the Central Plaza (also known as the "Hub"), the wait board near the entrance to Adventureland also has all the buttons and hardly ever a wait.

They have Sharpie's to add your name to the Birthday buttons, and have all the different choices.

Dark Beer, How does it work at the Central Plaza wait board? Is there a CM stationed there that you can ask?

Darkbeer
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Dark Beer, How does it work at the Central Plaza wait board? Is there a CM stationed there that you can ask?

Yes, the Guest Relations CM is just to the right (when you are looking at the wait board), they show up just after opening, and stick around until around 6 PM, sometimes later.

CookieBandit
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
There's also a Little Dreamer Big Dreams button (I don't remember if that's the exact wording) - it has Mickey on it.

Sometimes there's no line early in the morning at City Hall (like when you first walk in). Or you can always try the wait times board.

I guess the princesses and pirates buttons are no longer available? (I asked the past two times I was there, July and August but they just said they didn't have any).

mousemom
09-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Do they still give out buttons at the character breakfasts?

MrsPooh
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
barely, I think there could be some instances where the CM was good to you because of the button.

I know we got fast passes several times from CMs for my birthday button.

And, one restaurant gave us the AP discount on our food, even though we don't have APs.

It's possible.

codewoman
09-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Do they still give out buttons at the character breakfasts?

We got "First Visit" buttons at the Minnie breakfast at the Plaza.