PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas!!!

LeslieluvMcky
07-18-2002, 06:03 AM
Hello everyone, I am planning a 2 day trip for my husbands birthday in early to mid August. We have 3 small children (5, 3 and 1) and we're going to be able to go to that magical place alone. We haven't been able to go by ourselves in a very long time and I am so looking forward to it. I would like to hear everyone's suggestions of what you would do to help make your trip special. I would like to surprise my hubby with something special. Thank you!!

Cadaverous Pallor
07-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Two words: Blue Bayou.

As soon as you get in in the morning (after getting a birthday sticker for your hubby, of course), go straight to the BB and make a dinner reservation. Tell them it's his birthday...you never know, they might do something nice.

Don't miss Fantasmic. See the last show of the day. It will be less crowded. Since you will be there for two days, I would recommend seeing the fireworks from a nice viewpoint on the first night. On the second night, instead of seeing the fireworks, make sure you grab a spot for the 2nd fantasmic showing as soon as the fireworks are over. Have some snacks while you stake out your spot. If you are carrying a backpack during your day, throw a small blanket in there to sit on. It can make all the difference.

I think that's all I got. Have fun! There's no place more romantic than a theme park! ;)

Cadaverous Pallor
07-18-2002, 04:49 PM
Oh, and use Fastpass to your advantage. It will make your day much more productive.

Disney Nick
07-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Make the reservations in advance for Blue Bayou. You can call (714) 781-DINE 30 days in advance to make reservations.

SoCalSnowWhite
07-18-2002, 05:18 PM
i think the Fantasmic dessert buffet thing would be pretty nice. I haven't done it, but it sounds like it would be pretty cool.
Oh, and if you ahven't decided where to stay, Grand californian is the way to go!!

Tigertail777
07-18-2002, 07:27 PM
I don't know if they are still doing this or not, but go on the mark twain, and ask if he can get in the wheelhouse with the pilot to "steer" the ship.. he will get a nifty signed pilots license for doing so. When I went about 2 weeks ago they said they were not currently lettting people into the cabin (I'm guessing due to sept 11), but if you yell up to the pilots house before you get under way and ask politely they will give you the certificate.. just make sure you are some of the first people on the top deck so he has time to do it. I got mine when we went and was thrilled about it it is the first time I remember ever riding the mark twain and it made it all the more special.

Tigertail777
07-18-2002, 07:34 PM
I almost forgot, if you eat at the Blue Bayou, ask for a seat by the water when you make the reservations.. they cannot guarantee it, but they try to accomidate, and if you are willing to wait about 15-20 minutes they can usually do it. We ate there for the first time when we went and it is so magical by the water seeing the pirates boats drift by. And I highly recommend the salad with the carmalized pecans with house dressing it is scrumptious! don't forget to save your registration card for your scrapbook they will place it on the table in the middle-- nice little souvineer. Plus if your hubby is as big a pirates fan as I, ask for one of the childrens menu pirate paper hats they are pretty neat we wore ours the next time we went on pirats after the meal.