PDA

View Full Version : Snow White's 70th anniversary event - November 16, 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3

cstephens
09-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Disney has posted a "save the date" for an event on November 16, 2007 celebrating the 70th anniversary of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". There's really no information other than that, but you can see the posting for yourself here: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlrsnowwhiteevent.html.

Gone2Disneyland
09-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Interesting. Thanks!

KarenW2
09-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Hallmark has a special Snow White ornament, to commemorate the 70th anniversary, in their collection of ornaments this year, just in case you'd like to celebrate and have an orn to go with it!!

Here's a link to the Hallmark Dream Book with the photo and info on this orn:
http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/KeepsakeOrnaments/KeepsakeOrnamentClub/2007DreamBook/2007_DREAM_ONLINE_15

cstephens
09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Disney has posted information about the event. Here's the link for more information: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlrsnowwhiteevent.html.

There are two packages available, but prices haven't been listed yet.

The event sounds ok, though I think I was expecting more. I'm figuring they're going to be showing "Snow White" at the Hyperion since I can't figure out where else they'd do it. The Golden Dreams building is my only other guess, since the Halloweentime makeover will be done by then. However, the Hyperion makes a lot more sense since the higher package includes smallish food items, the new Snow White exhibit that will be in the Animation Building and a panel discussion that would make more sense inside the Hyperion. That way, they can also close off the entire Hollywood Pictures Backlot for the event and leave the rest of the park open.

Presumably, price points will be available before registration opens on Wednesday. I'm going to wait on the pricing to decide if I want to go.

misdisney
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
This sould be interesting!:rolleyes:

olegc
10-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Disney has posted information about the event. Here's the link for more information: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlrsnowwhiteevent.html.

The event sounds ok, though I think I was expecting more. I'm figuring they're going to be showing "Snow White" at the Hyperion since I can't figure out where else they'd do it. The Golden Dreams building is my only other guess, since the Halloweentime makeover will be done by then. However, the Hyperion makes a lot more sense since the higher package includes smallish food items, the new Snow White exhibit that will be in the Animation Building and a panel discussion that would make more sense inside the Hyperion. That way, they can also close off the entire Hollywood Pictures Backlot for the event and leave the rest of the park open.

Presumably, price points will be available before registration opens on Wednesday. I'm going to wait on the pricing to decide if I want to go.

Hmm - well, what they COULD do is have the food in the old place (oh, what;s the name) that was the food court then shuffle everyone to the hyperion.

OR - they hold the food, and exhibit, in the Millionaire building (since they can theme it to the hilt) and then either have panel/showing there or move folks to the hyperion.

I did not see where they said the exhibit will be in the Animation building. Would it be probable that they would put it in Millionaire and then move it to Animation?

I bring all this up because I can't see them closing the entire Hollywood backlot (ToT, Monsters, etc.) on a Friday night.

DizneyMommy
10-01-2007, 10:04 AM

Is there a mailing list you are signed up on to get notified of info for events like this, or dis you just happen upon it? I thought I was signed up on the events email list, but never get anything...

cstephens
10-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Hmm - well, what they COULD do is have the food in the old place (oh, what;s the name) that was the food court then shuffle everyone to the hyperion.

OR - they hold the food, and exhibit, in the Millionaire building (since they can theme it to the hilt) and then either have panel/showing there or move folks to the hyperion.

I did not see where they said the exhibit will be in the Animation building. Would it be probable that they would put it in Millionaire and then move it to Animation?

I think you're referring to Hollywood and Dine. The last couple events that I've been to in that area that involve food have been held in the old Millionaire building. I don't think the Millionaire building would set up very well to have both the food and the panel discussion/film. I would think that would overly limit the number of attendees.

I was told by one of the event organizers that the exhibit would be in the Animation building. The exhibit would be for all to see - event attendees just get to see it first. I can't see them having it somewhere else first and then moving it there.

Is there a mailing list you are signed up on to get notified of info for events like this, or dis you just happen upon it? I thought I was signed up on the events email list, but never get anything...

I just very diligently check disneygallery.com.

KarenW2
10-01-2007, 10:19 AM
they did appetizers and drinks, in the area in front of ToT, by the Hyperion queue, at the beginning of the Tower event, for those who purchased the packages that came with food. They had buffet tables set up, with the appetizers on them, along with little round tables for people to sit, eat and drink at, before they let you into ToT. They could easily set up tables and serve people there again I'm sure, if the event is to take place in the Hyperion and Animation Buildings. It says it'll be appetizers, drinks and desserts, so it sounds like a similar thing to that.

Or, how about this idea? If it was going to be a full-on, sit down dinner instead, they could've closed off Hollywood Backlot and set up a HUGE table or several smaller ones, down the middle of the street!! Sounds like much more fun to me!

I went to the event page, to see if there were any updates with prices, but they haven't added any new info yet. Seems like pretty short notice, if they want you to purchase tickets starting Wednesday!!

cstephens
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
they did appetizers and drinks, in the area in front of ToT, by the Hyperion queue, at the beginning of the Tower event, for those who purchased the packages that came with food. They had buffet tables set up, with the appetizers on them, along with little round tables for people to sit, eat and drink at, before they let you into ToT. They could easily set up tables and serve people there again I'm sure, if the event is to take place in the Hyperion and Animation Buildings. It says it'll be appetizers, drinks and desserts, so it sounds like a similar thing to that.

That's right, I forgot about that. We went to that event under the lowest package, but the tables were still set up (I think our package included a drink and a cookie or something like that) and the band was still playing.

As I recall, that was in early summer, though, when the weather was much nicer. With this event being in mid-November, there is a chance it could rain, so maybe they'd have to take that into account when deciding where to hold things.

tripodjw
10-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Prices are up now on those links

$25 for the cheaper option and $150 for the full works.

AM debating whether to go to this or not. Not keen on the showing of a film i can watch anytime but would be really interested in the other stuff on the more expensive version.

There's no info on the timing of the schedule, other than the expensive version get you into DCA after 2pm and the cheaper version gets you in after 5pm. I'm kind of assuming the exhibit, food and panel stuff is therefore between 2 and 5.

It's my last afternoon of three days in the park - anyone been to a panel thing before - is it worth going to?

spectromen
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
So if I'm reading this correctly - you only get to participate in the RSP for the merchandise if you spend the $150? That's a tad surprising...

corinne148
10-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I would love to go to this event! Never been before. The $150 package seems the most tempting..just wondering if the web site is going to crash when everyone tries to book. Anybody have any experience with trying to book something like this through disney? Do ticket sell out super fast?

Just my luck if the web site is unresponsive and then you miss buying the ticket.

Anybody have any guesses of what merchandise will be up for grabs?

totally excited!:D

olegc
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I would love to go to this event! Never been before. The $150 package seems the most tempting..just wondering if the web site is going to crash when everyone tries to book. Anybody have any experience with trying to book something like this through disney? Do ticket sell out super fast?

Just my luck if the web site is unresponsive and then you miss buying the ticket.

Anybody have any guesses of what merchandise will be up for grabs?

totally excited!:D

well, since there is no hotel stay nor a large, popular market for this (hey, it;s not like NBC) I doubt it would seel out that fast - but it could. it depends on how many they plan on having in the hall.

Also - interesting that the RSP link was pulled from the register123 site.

corinne148
10-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Just bought my ticket! Yay:~D

Abybody else?

dawnid
10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
My BFF and I are booked - Yah!

tripodjw
10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Yep. My husband and I went for the Poison apple version, though probably won't go to the showing of the film - but it's the other stuff i want to go to anyway.

pastrylover
10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I just signed up for the Magic Mirror package. Does anyone know when they will tell us exactly what time we need to be there?

cstephens
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I just signed up for the Magic Mirror package. Does anyone know when they will tell us exactly what time we need to be there?

The itineraries for both packages have already been posted. Go here (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x97737c379&varPage=home) and click on the Magic Mirror Event Itinerary link.

olegc
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM

me too... I chose this one because I figured if the exhibit is available to public and I can maybe score one or two left over RSP items. Need to cut spending a little on some items - but still be involved.

besides - the AP watch coming out in a few months (tied to an event) is COOOOL!!!

pastrylover
10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
The itineraries for both packages have already been posted. Go here (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x97737c379&varPage=home) and click on the Magic Mirror Event Itinerary link.

Actually that posting is vague. It says I can enter the park after 5 pm but doesn't give an actual start time for the movie. Anyone who drives in So Cal knows there is a good chance you will hit traffic on a Friday night, so one needs to know late they can run with out missing the good stuff!

spectromen
10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Sure it does; 8:45.

corinne148
10-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Sounds cool OLEGC! Can you tell me a bit more about it? Do you have any pictures of the watch?

So what are everybody most looking forward to? Personally the discussion with the imagineers

olegc
10-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Actually that posting is vague. It says I can enter the park after 5 pm but doesn't give an actual start time for the movie. Anyone who drives in So Cal knows there is a good chance you will hit traffic on a Friday night, so one needs to know late they can run with out missing the good stuff!

I think you're clicking the "Magic Mirror Package" link at the top instead of the "Magic Mirror Itinerary" link next to it. They are separate.

Try again
http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x97737c379&varPage=activity

olegc
10-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Sounds cool! Can you tell me a bit more about it? Do you have any pcitures of the watch?

PM me so we don't derail the thread...