PDA

View Full Version : Ever hide something at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mousemom
09-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I want to do something fun for a family that is visiting DL a few days after me and hide something for them to find. That way we will be kind of connected even though we don't get to be there at the same time. Has anyone ever done this? Any ideas? They will probably see this post so if you have anything super and specific then feel free to PM me! :)

Infinitely
09-14-2007, 08:57 PM
I am not sure how you would do that....wouldn't it be cleaned up at night?

Maybe I am confused.

I love the idea, I am just not sure how it would work.

dehnehsu
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
We hid a penny in the Indiana Jones ride queue. Stuck it on top of some of the stonework at eye level just after the projector room just to see how long it would last. It stayed there for most of the day (3 rides for us) until it disappeared!

Perhaps you can write a note and hide it someplace that wont get power washed! Tape it under something?

disneyhound
09-15-2007, 06:27 AM
I remember a thread about geochacing; you might search on that word. Many padders thought it was not a great idea, could get security on your trail. I have always thought it would be cool to leave a "treasure" behind; but we can't have people digging up the park! It would be tough to leave something behind, that would not get cleaned up; DL gets washed-down every night. Some nook somewhere, in an out of the way place, not a lot of guest traffic, might be the best spot to leave a disney-dollar behind...

mousemom
09-15-2007, 07:23 AM
I see the problem with the power wash!! This could be so much fun though that I would like to think of something!

mistofviolets
09-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Letterbox?

atlasquest.com

:)

potzbie
09-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Sorry, but I completely disagree.

• Disneyland is not a personal space.
• It is commercial business.
• Disneyland has a legal obligation to keep all surfaces and spaces free from that which is harmful and may interact with its customers.

Anytime someone "leaves" something somewhere, then too many bad things are possible.
(a.) Safety might be compromised. (E.g., a penny, placed at a height above eye level, will fall and hit a child's eye.
(b.) Yet another piece of "trash" (inappropriate material) must be collected by the maintenance people. (Why are you adding more pounds to the tons of lost things already being collected nightly?)
(c.) Living things might be endangered. (An organic memento, like food, might react adversely with the duck or bird or cat which eats it; a flower bed might react chemically to the contents of the organic memento and wither and die.)

PLEASE KEEP DISNEYLAND CLEAN. AND SAFE.
DON'T LEAVE THINGS BEHIND WHICH WILL JAM EQUIPMENT, OR POISON AN ANIMAL.

jenpace
09-15-2007, 09:26 AM

• Disneyland has a legal obligation to keep all surfaces and spaces free from that which is harmful and may interact with its customers.

Anytime someone "leaves" something somewhere, then too many bad things are possible.
(a.) Safety might be compromised. (E.g., a penny, placed at a height above eye level, will fall and hit a child's eye.
(b.) Yet another piece of "trash" (inappropriate material) must be collected by the maintenance people. (Why are you adding more pounds to the tons of lost things already being collected nightly?)
(c.) Living things might be endangered. (An organic memento, like food, might react adversely with the duck or bird or cat which eats it; a flower bed might react chemically to the contents of the organic memento and wither and die.)

I'm going to agree strongly with potzbie.

Jen

vfire
09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I agree, Disneyland is not our personal space even though we may sometimes see it in personal terms.

Bytebear
09-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I just don't think anything you leave will last very long. Not only do you have the cleaners to deal with, but you have thousands of people passing by the same area. To up your chances of having something stick around, you could put a note somewhere off campus.

Or you could be more creative. How about creating a ritual that both parties share. Something like:

* standing under the Disneland entrance arches and reading the plaque out loud.
* Touching a specific idol in the queue of Indiana Jones
* Making a wish at the wishing well

Any of these that can connection you together.

Another idea is to take a photo of your party at a specific location, like in front of the petrified tree stump. Then send a print to the other group (preferably a large print -8x11). Put the print in a large envelope with instructions to only open at the specific location and give them further instructions in the envelope. Then that family takes the same pose, but holding up your picture, so all of you are in the same picture.

You could also leave the picture (or any item) with the frontdesk of the hotel they are staying at, for them to deliver, or mail it directly to their hotel.

These are just some ideas.

Leap for Joy
09-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Another idea is to take a photo of your party at a specific location, like in front of the petrified tree stump. Then send a print to the other group (preferably a large print -8x11). Put the print in a large envelope with instructions to only open at the specific location and give them further instructions in the envelope. Then that family takes the same pose, but holding up your picture, so all of you are in the same picture.

You could also leave the picture (or any item) with the frontdesk of the hotel they are staying at, for them to deliver, or mail it directly to their hotel.

I love this one!

dehnehsu
09-15-2007, 10:50 PM

Somehow I think the chance of a penny falling of a stone at eye level and hitting a childs eyes are are pretty low! But I understand your concern. I think someone just came out a penny richer!

pcrazy99
09-16-2007, 03:13 PM
I disagree. I don't think leaving a penny could do any harm. Whatever you like to do to make your trip unique and have fun is ok with me. A penny falling and taking out a child's eye is a bit far fetched. If that's a problem I think Disneyland should watch out for reflective surfaces. Maybe bright light could reflect and sprain someones eye. The only thing I have a problem with is people marking or vandalizing property.

Mr.Bear
09-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Whenever we go to Disneyland for the weekend, we get a nice room for two and then we leave our daughter in one of those rental lockers overnight inside the park. It works out great for all of us. The wife and I get a night alone and the daughter gets to have a sleep over in Disneyland. Of course we leave her a juice box and cookies.

This year the young one is talking about wanting to sleepover with a friend in California Adventure. Anyone know if those lockers have air holes and if they can fit two small children?

And great tip about the penny falling, next time we will duct tape her into the locker, don’t want anyone getting their eye poked out.

Chadsgal
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Whenever we go to Disneyland for the weekend, we get a nice room for two and then we leave our daughter in one of those rental lockers overnight inside the park. It works out great for all of us. The wife and I get a night alone and the daughter gets to have a sleep over in Disneyland. Of course we leave her a juice box and cookies.

:D LOL!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! :D

jenpace
09-17-2007, 06:00 AM

This year the young one is talking about wanting to sleepover with a friend in California Adventure. Anyone know if those lockers have air holes and if they can fit two small children?

And great tip about the penny falling, next time we will duct tape her into the locker, don’t want anyone getting their eye poked out.

:D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

Jen

petesimac
09-17-2007, 06:34 AM
I like this idea as long as care is taken. For example, although it's not Disney related, years ago on a bike trip I buried a penny in a flower box by a Stuckey's; nearly 10 years later on a trip back past that spot, I dug into the flower box, and lo and behold, there it was. It was like going back in time. Be creative, have fun, and do no harm to anyone or anything in Disney and it's a great idea....

Bytebear
09-17-2007, 12:40 PM

I can just imagine going through the Indy queue and looking up in the large domed room and seeing a small child duct taped to the ceiling.

The old man
09-17-2007, 03:11 PM

I think leaving a penny is silly, but hit a child in the eye--you've got to be kidding.

The old man
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM

The above is proof that comedy isn't easy.

startrader
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM

These are just some ideas.

Not sure if anyone else has suggested it, but you could do a scavanger hunt/map quest type game. Have the first DL adventuring family take pictures of different things/statues/signs/whathaveyous around the park and have the second DL adventuring family try to find each one...

potzbie
09-18-2007, 01:37 AM
All I'm saying is this.

Let's say you did the same thing with the moderators of this MousePlanet board.
Let's say you dug a hole in the hedges of ADRIENNEK or ANDREW, or even DARKBEER, and left a 'memento' of some kind.

Q. What do you think the owners of the property would think, if they were to catch you in the act of placing your memento in their flower bed or in the crack in the pillar of their door post?

Q. Why would you treat Disney property with less respect?

stan4d_steph
09-18-2007, 06:39 AM
I love this one!Seconded!

Making it into a game will be fun for everyone involved and create a unique shared memory.

adriennek
09-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Seconded!

Making it into a game will be fun for everyone involved and create a unique shared memory.

It's like a mini-MouseAdventure Eye Spy ;)

Adrienne

mistofviolets
09-18-2007, 08:08 AM
All I'm saying is this.

Let's say you did the same thing with the moderators of this MousePlanet board.
Let's say you dug a hole in the hedges of ADRIENNEK or ANDREW, or even DARKBEER, and left a 'memento' of some kind.

Q. What do you think the owners of the property would think, if they were to catch you in the act of placing your memento in their flower bed or in the crack in the pillar of their door post?

Q. Why would you treat Disney property with less respect?

I'm sorry...but no one is talking of digging a hole in a hedge! Come on!

An unobtrusive little secret hidey hole; a little shared secret. As long as the grounds are treated with respect, and both parties are acting discreetly and honorably its harmless.

And a lot less disrespectful than the way many guests treat the property.