PDA

View Full Version : I Need Advice!!!

jennyren
07-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Hey Everyone.... I need some advice!:confused: My family and I have planned a trip to DIsneyland during the Christmas season (Dec. 21st- 24). I was wondering how crowded you think it will be? Any advice on beating the lines? O and also.. I wanted to do something really special for my grandma while we're there... she's paying for most of the trip and it'll probably be our last trip together.. Any ideas?? Thanx a bunch!!!:D

LPnerd
07-17-2002, 12:36 PM
P A C K E D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i CAN'T TELL YOU HOW TO BEAT THE LINES THERE, FASTPASS WILL HELP. Maybe reservations on the balcony for fantasmic? call 714,781,4400 up to 1 mo. ahead of time to book reservations.It's 40$ a desert buffett. I am going on the advice of all on this board LOL 1st time to DL in years as I live in Fl. now. You might check on the Disney site to see if they are having a Very Merry Christmas Party any of the dates you are going to be there. It's a must and if you skip 1 of the parades you can get on the rides faster. all I can help you with till after I get home in Oct.

Ghoulish Delight
07-17-2002, 12:43 PM
Oh, it will most certainly be crowded. Not a whole lot you can do about that.

Crowd beating tips:
1) Get to the park early, at or before opening. Go on the most popular rides asap
2) Make use of FastPass. I'll refrain from giving full FP strategy as it can be complicated and will change dramatically if Splash Mountain goes under refurb again. But the best thing to remember is that Haunted Mansion and Pirates are "freebie" Fastpasses (meaning getting a FP for either or both of those rides does not preclude you from getting one more from another ride).
3) If you are planning to spend time at DCA as well as Disneyland, a good time to make the hop is in the middle of the day. The advantages are that it's the most crowded part of the day at Disneyland, and DCA has much better food (price and quality-wise).

Those are the three best suggestions I have. I'm sure many more will pipe in with their own!

But the most important crowd beating tip....relax, have fun, and don't get frustrated. You'll have 3 days. PLEANTY of time to see and do everything. No need to rush around.

If you have the money, Fantasmic! balcony seating would be a great treat for your grandmother. Make reservations 30 days in advance as it fills up (find the number at disneyland.com). Or, dinner at the Blue Bayou is always special. You can either call ahead for reservations, or you can go the morning of your visit and make them that day.

Good luck, and have fun!

RideMax Mark
07-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Haunted Mansion and Pirates are "freebie" Fastpasses (meaning getting a FP for either or both of those rides does not preclude you from getting one more from another ride).

I suppose nobody knows for sure, but I would guess that once the Holiday version of Haunted Mansion is in place, it will no longer be a "free" FP.