PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain during Early Entry?

donaldduckfan
09-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Has Space Mountain been open during EE in recent days?

We are going the first week of October and will have 3 EE days as hotel guests. We were thinking of spending one trying to ride Space Mountain as many times as possible during the EE period ... assuming it's open as I've heard it sometimes is.

thanks.

PinokeFan
09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Space Mountain is usually open during EE. It was during my visit last week.

donaldduckfan
09-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, PinokeFan.

I just read on another website that Buzz and Astro Orbiter are also open during EE!
Did you find that to be true as well?

newhdplayer
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Was open for EE on monday...walkon...

PinokeFan
09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reply, PinokeFan.

I just read on another website that Buzz and Astro Orbiter are also open during EE!
Did you find that to be true as well?
Buzz was, definitely, but I don't think Astro Orbiter was.

Darkbeer
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Disney has changed its official wording and now states that "Selected Rides in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland" will be open during Early Entry (to be renamed "Magic Mornings" in 2008).

They don't want to apply any type of guarantee of any specific ride being open.

That being said, Space Mountain is usually part of the offering, unless it didn't pass the morning inspection and needed more time to test and adjust prior to guests riding.

It is also partly due to Finding Nemo, which sometimes open for EE, but many times not all 8 subs are up and running when the park opens, so the lines move slower than later in the day, when they have more subs running, increasing hourly capacity. The Subs have 2 issues, the individual vehicles, and then the show scenes. If they are having problems with one or more of the show scenes, then the entire ride can't operate until they are repaired.

Chadsgal
09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I haven't done EE in 7 years! We are have one EE & my main concern is Finding Nemo, Dumbo & Peter Pan. It's good to year that Space is open durring EE too we may have to try to add that to our list.

PanFan
09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't count on Nemo during EE. They may not have all the subs running by then and the line will move much slower than normal (if they are able to open for EE at all). Hit Space, Peter Pan, and Dumbo (and any other FL and TL rides you fancy). Wait until later in the day for Nemo (or even just before park closing). I like going at night anyways because it's cooler, though they do have umbrellas covering you for the last hour or so. Unless you can be among the very first people in line for Nemo (arriving at the gates well before they open for EE), I wouldn't waste your one EE on it.

The thing is, everyone runs to Nemo first thing, so the rest of the park is dead for the first couple of hours. Take advantage of that. I was able to hit 15 rides (including E tickets like Indy, Splash, and Matterhorn) before 12:30 this last Saturday. Do everything else in the park(s) that you want to, then do Nemo after you're done.

donaldduckfan
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't count on Nemo during EE. They may not have all the subs running by then and the line will move much slower than normal ... The thing is, everyone runs to Nemo first thing, so the rest of the park is dead for the first couple of hours.

I understand the advice here, but we've got three EE days as hotel guests during our trip, so spending one on Nemo seems the way to go - with the other 2 being spent on "all fantasyland" and "all space mountain" (our favorite ride).

We do indeed plan on being near the front of the park entry line on all our EE days, and the plan is for Dad (me) to hightail it (safely, of course) to Nemo while mom and kids walk briskly behind.

If Nemo is operating, and I'm one of the first 20 or so in line, I'll wait for them in line there ... otherwise, I'll will direct them via cellphone to Space Mountain where I will meet them in line there, and we'll tackle Nemo at night, or try again on another EE day.

Chadsgal
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't count on Nemo during EE. They may not have all the subs running by then and the line will move much slower than normal (if they are able to open for EE at all). Hit Space, Peter Pan, and Dumbo (and any other FL and TL rides you fancy). Wait until later in the day for Nemo (or even just before park closing). I like going at night anyways because it's cooler, though they do have umbrellas covering you for the last hour or so. Unless you can be among the very first people in line for Nemo (arriving at the gates well before they open for EE), I wouldn't waste your one EE on it.

The thing is, everyone runs to Nemo first thing, so the rest of the park is dead for the first couple of hours. Take advantage of that. I was able to hit 15 rides (including E tickets like Indy, Splash, and Matterhorn) before 12:30 this last Saturday. Do everything else in the park(s) that you want to, then do Nemo after you're done.

Thanks for the advice we will have to keep our eye on the Nemo wait time grab the perfect moment to jump in line. :)

Malcon10t
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
We do indeed plan on being near the front of the park entry line on all our EE days, and the plan is for Dad (me) to hightail it (safely, of course) to Nemo while mom and kids walk briskly behind.

If Nemo is operating, and I'm one of the first 20 or so in line, I'll wait for them in line there ... otherwise, I'll will direct them via cellphone to Space Mountain where I will meet them in line there, and we'll tackle Nemo at night, or try again on another EE day.When my sister was there last week, they walked them into the line and the line was continuously moving. Her friend who was there and stopped to use the restroom couldn't catch up due to how the lines merged and moved. Also, not sure how others would feel about 2-3 people cutting in at the front of the Nemo or Space line. It might not be pretty. You might be better off keeping your party together.

donaldduckfan
09-18-2007, 01:39 PM
When my sister was there last week, they walked them into the line and the line was continuously moving. Her friend who was there and stopped to use the restroom couldn't catch up due to how the lines merged and moved. Also, not sure how others would feel about 2-3 people cutting in at the front of the Nemo or Space line. It might not be pretty. You might be better off keeping your party together.

yeah, I think we'll just powerwalk to it together and if it's too crowded try to hit it at night.