PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast Food

DizneeGirl
09-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Although I have been to DLR many, many times, I have never done the Minnie's breakfast...so I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of food they serve. Is it buffet? What kinds of food are there? Any response would be great! Thanks you guys!! :p

codewoman
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
We went this July and it was a buffet. They have the usual breakfast buffet food - fruit, pastry, cereal, juices & coffee, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, etc. They also have a made to order omlett bar which was yummy (though it does take a few minutes because they cook them right there, fresh).

mousemom
09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
When I've gone in December they've had this yummy banana roasted french toast with strawberries and whipped cream. I'm guessing that is a regular.

DizneyMommy
09-12-2007, 09:25 AM
We went this July and it was a buffet. They have the usual breakfast buffet food - fruit, pastry, cereal, juices & coffee, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, etc. They also have a made to order omlett bar which was yummy (though it does take a few minutes because they cook them right there, fresh).

And waffles!

Disney Donna
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Which characters are there? In particular, does Pooh and his pals always make an appearance?

Also -- any tips as to where to sit, when to go, etc?

Thanks!

DizneeGirl
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks you guys...you are so helpful! I am so excited for this trip as we haven't been in about 2 years so I thought we would do something special for this one!! It sounds yummy!!!:D

DizneyMommy
09-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I always go right at opening, the first time they have. That way it is less crowded and you have more time with the characters

As far as where to sit, sit where the other people are. If you go sit far out on the patio all by yourself, the characters may not notice you

ssturgeo
09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger have been there every time we have gone...and in May RABBIT was there!! First time in all the years that I had seen him...anywhere!!

Also Minnie, Fairy Godmother, Captain Hook, Chip and Dale have also always been there.

Peter Pan sometimes...but have always seen him at Goofy's Kitchen.

Mrs Mouse
09-12-2007, 05:38 PM
When we had breakfast at Minnie's in July, if I can remember correctly, the food was as follows: scrambled eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, waffles (syrup, fruit topping or whipped cream as toppings), fruit and made-to-order omelets. Waffles and fruit were self-serve while the rest of the breakfast items were served to you at the counter, much as the Plaza is at dinner.

Characters we encountered were: Minnie, Captain Hook, Fairy Godmother, Gepeto, Tigger, Eeyore and Pooh Bear, Chip & Dale, and a Penguin from Mary Poppins. We got a lot of time with each character and their interaction was great.

Enjoy yourselves!!

Disney Donna
09-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Miss Mouse -- Since you got alot of time and interaction with each guest, did you go right at opening? Do you think that makes a big difference?:confused:

Mrs Mouse
09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes, we were there just shortly after opening... I believe it was about 8:30 or so. We also asked to be seated outside, as there were fewer people outside than inside at the time (it remained that way throughout the morning).

Another thing that helped was asking for a table that was a little bit out of the way. I know that sounds like the wrong type of plan, but when you're seated right smack dab in the middle of everything and everybody, there isn't a lot of room and you're surrounded by other people. Being off to the side a little bit ensured that we were somewhat seperated from the other tables with families and the characters were more inclined to stay and visit for a while.

I know that everyone says that having children in your group also helps, but I'm not sure if this is really the case. We did have two young kids (4 and 1 1/2) but the adults in our group recieved just as much attention as the children did (if not more in some cases).

To sum up my tips:
- Go earlier rather than later, if this is an option for you
- Request to be seated outside as opposed to inside, where it's always busy
- Try to get a table that is not right in the middle of everything; along the fence or in a corner actually both work great
- Don't be afraid to talk to a CM if you feel you are being overlooked by a certain character or characters
- Get goofy with them! You'll all have a blast!

Hope this helps. Enjoy yourselves!!

MileHighAko
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
We do the character breakfast each year at the Plaza Inn. We choose a late time to eat (10:30ish) and make it more of a brunch. We have a light breakfast at the hotel, and enter the park when it opens at 8AM and ride ride ride for two and a half hours. Then when we're ready for a break, we go do the breakfast. The food is always WONDERFUL, especially the waffles with strawberries. The characters always are friendly, as is the service.

We like to go later because I HATE wasting those first few hours that the park is open. I swear we ride more rides in the first two hous than we do the entire rest of the day.

going2disneyAZ
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
We do the character breakfast each year at the Plaza Inn. We choose a late time to eat (10:30ish) and make it more of a brunch. We have a light breakfast at the hotel, and enter the park when it opens at 8AM and ride ride ride for two and a half hours. Then when we're ready for a break, we go do the breakfast. The food is always WONDERFUL, especially the waffles with strawberries. The characters always are friendly, as is the service.

We like to go later because I HATE wasting those first few hours that the park is open. I swear we ride more rides in the first two hous than we do the entire rest of the day.

This is exactly what we do. Works well. Since we have a late breakfast our lunch is usually a light snack and the next big meal is an early dinner.

As far as where to sit, I have found that if you request a table instead of a booth you get better character interaction. The booths are tough for the characters to have a seat with you.

We have seen Minnie, Alice, Capt Hook, Tigger, Eyore, Pooh, Chip/Dale,

disneymania
09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I went to the Lilo and Stitch breakfast two years ago. We were able to order a la carte. The prices were good, as was the food. We had the same character interaction as everyone (which was great!!).

pastrylover
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Okay I know that on some thread about character dining someone gave a link to an article written about all the different options. Does anyone have that link that they can give me? Thanks!

MadasaHatter
09-20-2007, 08:28 AM
The omelette bar is the way to go because the food is under the heat lamps. I was not very thrilled with the food otherwise in the sense that it is 20bucks a head. SHEESH. Also when you see them bring out bacon or waffles etc. GO FOR IT. But the omelette bar is definitely worth the wait because it is fresh. We had a ball though with the characters.....

BIG TIP: I went with my friend's kid and STUPIDLY booked the character breakfast for our THIRD day....morning albeit.....and she had already got HALF of the character's autographs.... so my advice is to make that one of the first things you do and then ALL of the characters are new to them.

YOu should have seen poor Mickey in DCA when she ran by him to get GOOFY'S autograph. I kindly reminded Mickey that she saw him earlier in the day in DL. So at least I got to spend some quality time with the Mouse himself. Very funny!!!!!

minimom
10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
We are going to DL in two months. I wanted to know if you could tell me wich character breakfast is the best? I made reservation for minnie and pals but I've just heard that goofy's kitchen experience was great. Could you help me?
Thanks!

pastrylover
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
We are going to DL in two months. I wanted to know if you could tell me wich character breakfast is the best? I made reservation for minnie and pals but I've just heard that goofy's kitchen experience was great. Could you help me?
Thanks!

Foodwise IMO the Chip n' Dale Critter Breakfast at the Storyteller's Cafe has the best food.

KDR
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Foodwise IMO the Chip n' Dale Critter Breakfast at the Storyteller's Cafe has the best food.

By far! For me, it's the only breakfast worth having at the DL Resort.

K & S
10-05-2007, 04:42 PM
By far! For me, it's the only breakfast worth having at the DL Resort.

Also at Storyteller you can get items off the regular menu when you order the buffet, pancakes for example. Although they don't have the "A" list characters.

On balance, I think Goofy's has the most to offer in both food and characters.

Katran
10-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Which characters are there? In particular, does Pooh and his pals always make an appearance?

Thanks!

We did Minnie's Breakfast last February and we saw characters like Chip N Dale, Tigger and Pooh, Captain Hook, the Fairy Godmother, Eeyore, and others that I don't remember. When we made our reservation the lady at the booth advised us to make the reservation for park opening, then use our early entry for that day and we could get in for breakfast an hour early. We took that advice and had to share the characters with only 3 or 4 other groups. It was awesome! And you can sit anywhere. The characters come to you!

I would do Minnie's Breakfast again any day. And considering we had 8 people in our group, it really didn't cost nearly as much as I expected (I think it was around $160 for all of us, but since it's all you can eat, it was well worth it).

DizneyMommy
10-08-2007, 05:46 AM

Thanks!

Just to answer the first half... Pooh does not ALWAYS make an appearance. We have gone several times to Minnie and Friends, and have never seen Pooh or any of his pals. Probably just random luck he was not there, but we have also seen some pretty rare characters, like Raffiki (I have no idea how to spell that) the monkey from Lion King. We have gotten Alice and the Mad Hatter several times, too, they are a total crack up. Just beware... Mickey does NOT join Minnie for breakfast, in case you were hoping for Mickey. The CM told me Mickey is never there. I think it has to do with him not ever being onstage in 2 places in the park at once.