PDA

View Full Version : Choosing best Fantasmic time in September

aznewsboy
09-11-2007, 07:45 PM
It looks like Fantasmic is only on Sat/Sun at the end of this month & I need advice on choosing the best day/time.
Our choices would be the day we get in 9/22-Sat. or 9/23-Sun. or our last night there on 9/29.

I'm actually leaning towards the 1st 2 days because when we leave the park on the 29th we drive home straight through the night so the kids are wiped out & sleep all the way(we're in AZ). We usually leave around 8:30-9:00pm.

So, which would be the best choice? The later Saturday show where we don't have to sit on a stake of ground for several hours or the one Sunday show? Would the Sunday show be more crowded because there's only one showing?

We have 2 kids aged 7 & 4. Even though this will be our 4th annual DL vacation I am a little ashamed to admit we have not seen Fantasmic before.
Any advice for crowds at the end of September for this show?
Kathy

yellowrosedtxn
09-12-2007, 04:09 AM
I would say go to the Saturday night second viewing. That way if something happens and you miss it or something comes up, you have another day to catch it (Sunday night). BUT Once you see it, you might decide to see it again or even if you don't you won't have to worry about seeing it another time. Just my opinion though.

MileHighAko
09-12-2007, 07:06 AM
My family will also be hitting the Saturday 9/22 show, with Sunday as a backup just in case something happens. We also make annual DL trips, and last year was our first time "bothering" to see Fantasmic... and guess what, that's the #1 desire for this year. I can't believe I waited so long, and it's what I think about every day when dreaming about our upcoming trip. I'm jealous you're going for an enitre week. We arrive by plane on Wednesday, in the park Thursday-Sunday, plane home on Moneay. 4 days just isn't enough!

See you there.

ellisfamily
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
We saw the show last year. My husband made me and the kids park it in a spot and he went to go get dinner. We waited for 2 1/2 hrs to ensure a good spot. It was good, but not waiting for that long good. It is not a priority this trip. If we catch it, we catch it.

aznewsboy
09-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks for those ideas. I think I'd like to do the 2nd show on 9/22 but convincing my husband to keep the kids up that late might not work. But since we have 8 days we can skip being there when they open at least 1 day! I also like that "backup" idea because there's no reason why in four years & especially on an 8 day trip that we should miss this show.

I agree 4 days is not enough. Our friends & family cannot understand what we do for that many days. They just don't understand going on a ride 6 times in a row because there was no line. One trip we went on Buzz at least 10 times in a row just because there was no line & our son loved it. Then we went on Grizzly River Run 5 times in a row for our daughter who was 4 at the time. Once we were wet it seemed the best time to do it over again & again. Thanks for your support!

annieb727
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for those ideas. I think I'd like to do the 2nd show on 9/22 but convincing my husband to keep the kids up that late might not work. But since we have 8 days we can skip being there when they open at least 1 day! I also like that "backup" idea because there's no reason why in four years & especially on an 8 day trip that we should miss this show.

I agree 4 days is not enough. Our friends & family cannot understand what we do for that many days. They just don't understand going on a ride 6 times in a row because there was no line. One trip we went on Buzz at least 10 times in a row just because there was no line & our son loved it. Then we went on Grizzly River Run 5 times in a row for our daughter who was 4 at the time. Once we were wet it seemed the best time to do it over again & again. Thanks for your support!

We'll be there when you're there too! Our dates are 9/16-26

I totally agree...we're going to have 8 full days at DL, one day at Knott's, and two half days at DL...it would really be hard to go for less than a week! But we come from WA, so we figure if we're going to spend that much time driving down and driving back, we might as well stay a few extra days and make it worth it!

aznewsboy
09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
annieb727-I completely understand making it worth it. We can only go once a year if we save all year long! I'd love to be able to make shorter but more frequent trips but this is what works for us. Also, grandparents are flying in to meet us for 3 days of the trip & they are coming from Yelm,WA.
We went to Knotts also 2 years ago-we love Snoopy as well as Mickey but I was not as impressed with the park as I thought I would be!
Have fun!