PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Build A DLR Theme Park Hotel Suite?

ladodgerjon
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Sooo... Florida has its Cinderella Suite built into the castle...

And the DLR has the Mickey penthouse at the DLH (and MAYBE a suite at the former Disney Gallery)...

But where would YOU build a getaway if budget was of no concern?!?

Here's mine:

I'd build a suite behind one of the facades inside the POTC ride.

Possibly the building that is opposite the mayor being dunked in the water well. I'd place one-way mirrored glass behind the structure's porch so that guests could watch the boats glide past, but so that riders wouldn't be able to see inside the suite.

How's that for a start of a new thread???

kewlyloch
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I think a cool place would be in the Haunted Mansion, at the begining of the ride where you are going down the hallway and pass all the doors. If there was a room behind one of those doors, that would be cool! Or down the hallway with the floating candles.

Andrew
09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Easy. The Penthouse of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Bytebear
09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
How about the top of Tarzan's Treehouse?

kiki
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Easy. The Penthouse of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I love that idea!!!!!:fez:

MrsPooh
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
I still want to stay in the firehouse......;)

I like the suggestions here! Great ideas!

cstephens
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
They're building it exactly where I suggested they build it...

Andrew
09-12-2007, 11:29 AM
They're building it exactly where I suggested they build it...
Ah, so it's your fault?

cstephens
09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Ah, so it's your fault?

I've already admitted to fault. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=1093413&postcount=26)

carolinakid
09-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm liking all your ideas but would love to see a Sleeping Beauty Suite in the castle itself. Would it be physically possible? Probably not or they would have done it I guess, but this is my dream wish...

Second Star
09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I know this should probably go over on the WDW board, but, because of the question here I thought it might to appropriate.

In the Cinderella Suite at WDW, do they lock you in the castle at night? If you're staying at a resort hotel, you can get up in the middle of the night and go for a walk if you want.

Andrew
09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
In the Cinderella Suite at WDW, do they lock you in the castle at night? If you're staying at a resort hotel, you can get up in the middle of the night and go for a walk if you want.
I bet there are guards with halberds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halberd) waiting outside the castle gate in case you show yourself.

Second Star
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I bet there are guards with halberds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halberd) waiting outside the castle gate in case you show yourself.

That's kind what I was thinking. :D Be interesting to find out

Wedge
09-12-2007, 03:44 PM
For me it would be Main Street, maybe towards the Plaza so that you had a nice view of the Hub and Castle. Or even better have it elevated a bit so that out of each side of the room you could see the various lands, adventure, Tomorrow, etc.

karebear
09-13-2007, 07:50 AM
In the top of the Matterhorn. That way you could look out over the whole park. I wouldn't be big, but it would be amazing!

CharmingsWoman
09-13-2007, 06:17 PM

I think I read an article on another website where a journalist from the Associated Press got to stay in the Castle for a night. If I remember correctly, I think that he got out at some point in the evening (he was sharing the suite with a family w/ 2 little girls) and gave the family some privacy. This was a while ago, right after they started giving the room out.

Personally, I would've liked to stay on Tom Sawyer Island or in the top floor of the Golden Horseshoe, looking out to the Rivers of America.

DizMe
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I read about some hotel in the Middle East that's built underwater with windows looking into the sea. So...maybe a room that looks out into the submarine lagoon from under the water, like in the waterfall rock or something like that.

hefferdude
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Either camping at the new fort to be opened on TSI or staying aboard the Columbia.:)

Leap for Joy
09-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Great idea Hefferdude! I would love to stay aboard the Columbia.

darph nader
09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
How about the top of Tarzan's Treehouse?

I like this idea,as long as you can turn off the music.:cool:

Baloo
09-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I know this should probably go over on the WDW board, but, because of the question here I thought it might to appropriate.

Yes, you are not allowed to leave the suite. they do have a CM posted in the bottom floor in case something is needed.

-----The hotel that has an underwater hotel area is in Dubai

adriennek
09-17-2007, 07:58 AM
There's an underwater hotel in the Florida Keys. (http://www.jul.com/overnight.html)

Adrienne