PDA

View Full Version : I auditioned to be a princess!

cookie7762
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
So on saturday U was visiting some friend who just move to huntington beach from our home of sacramento. One of my friends is perfect to be a princess and has been in theater her whole life, so we figured shed be a shoe in. She asked me to keep her company and give some support while she waited in line, so I thought if I'm waiting in this huge line I might as well go in with her. Well we went in and got cut first round. I expected it of course, but it was pretty shocking for her. The odd thing was that the people they were picking were not at all the people we would have picked. While we waited we scoped out the competition and we picked a handful that we thought were totally princess material, only to see them get cut first round with us. They seemed to be picking really really tall girls, like 5'10"/6', or little brunettes with fair skin, and few red heads (one that looked particularly old). My thoughts were they must have been casting for show whites, and then I don't know. I thought maybe Cinderella, cuz I hear they like her to be tall, but the girls they picked definitely weren't cinderella material. What are your thoughts? The men they picked weren't exactly prince charming material either. Weird.

hybrid-god
09-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Tall eh? that doesnt sound right! All the princesses we met were petite. The lady who was Belle should have been cut! She acted stuckup and didnt say a word to us!!!:~D

princessbelle35
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
From what I heard the tallest you can be for a Princess is 5'7". I wanteed to audition, but I'm 5'10" without high heels. So that was out for me. :crying:

VickiC
09-10-2007, 02:19 PM
When they tell you to show up for a face character audition I thought they usually don't tell you what characters you are auditioning for, not even as generic as "princesses." They just give height, etc. characteristics then tell you after you are hired.

DizneyMommy
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
This was the audition call sheet for Saturday's audition... This is pretty typical of what they specify - not much.

Face Character Look-alikes
Callbacks to be held on September 9

Seeking Male & Female Actors & Dancers to portray characters made famous in beloved Disney animated features. Face Character Look-alikes perform before thousands of guests each day in "meet and greets", stage shows and parades, including the Disney classic A Christmas Fantasy parade.

DizneyMommy
09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
But on another note... Anyone look like Santa? What a bummer they require a clean shave and a fake beard for Santa!

Santa Claus/Mrs. Claus

Seeking performers to portray Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus in "meet and greets" and parades throughout the Disneyland® Resort!

Santa Claus: Male, 5'6"–6'2". Warm, friendly, enthusiastic and highly animated with acting ability. If cast, a clean shave will be required. A beard and mustache will be provided as part of the costume.

Mrs. Claus: Female, 5'3"–5'8". Animated with acting ability; warm, friendly, sweet, and loves children.

Requirements:
Bring a picture and resume
Performers will be asked to read from a script in a cheery holiday style
Current Disneyland® Resort Cast Members should bring a completed transfer application noting your department's ability to release you for the holiday season
Audition may last 4–6 hours; bring snacks or money for vending

ladodgerjon
09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
WHERE do you go for these auditions... and WHEN?!?

I have a friend that would be GREAT for Santa...

hlbtimes2
09-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Its easier to make all the Santas look a like if they give them a fake beard.

DizneyMommy
09-11-2007, 05:40 AM
WHERE do you go for these auditions... and WHEN?!?

I have a friend that would be GREAT for Santa...

Here is the link to the auditions page...

http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/disneyland/index.html

cookie7762
09-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Well I know that they don't specify what they are casting for, we just wanted to be princesses :D I guess that they could have been casting for comepletely different characters that I never even thought of, like random parade people, or pirates, or whatever else I can't think of right now. I was just on the princess mind track...

princessgrl
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
most auditions are for all character performers unless otherwise noted.so the tall and really weird people might have been chosen for fur. if you fit only the look of one princess it is most likely you will not be chosen. Disney wants versatile people. Most princesses i know are multiple... that sounds weird. Anywho, im going to audition tomorrow. im very excited. Oh and none of the girls look the same as they do all done up.