PDA

View Full Version : Rides/Attractions Being Replaced At DCA?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Doug
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
A friend of mine was telling me about some rides and attractions that where in the planning stages of being replaced, like Muppets, anyone know about this?

bag3lbit3s
09-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Flying Zephyr and Orange stinger I heard are going to be removed. Don't know exactly what's going to be done. I heard it's going to be a car themed area? :confused:

Rufus T Firefly
09-09-2007, 10:42 PM
The current rumor has the Muppets being replaced by Philharmagic.

Doug
09-10-2007, 05:52 AM
The Zepher was closed Sat.... at least when I walked by ... It seems to be one of the least used rides .... hard to believe they would remove the Orange Stinger though, it's part of the landscape :)

Flying Zephyr and Orange stinger I heard are going to be removed. Don't know exactly what's going to be done. I heard it's going to be a car themed area? :confused:

Doug
09-10-2007, 05:53 AM
Yes, Philharmagic, is what I heard... though I like Philharmagic, I would hate to see Muppets go :( ... too bad we can't have both!

The current rumor has the Muppets being replaced by Philharmagic.

munchkinsmom0003
09-10-2007, 05:57 AM
The Zepher was closed Sat.... at least when I walked by ... It seems to be one of the least used rides .... hard to believe they would remove the Orange Stinger though, it's part of the landscape :)

It's still up and running. We rode it yesterday (Sunday 9/9) afternoon. :)

annieb727
09-10-2007, 06:53 AM
It's still up and running. We rode it yesterday (Sunday 9/9) afternoon. :)

Oh! That's good to hear...my boys LOVE the golden zephyr! And so do I!

oregontraveler
09-10-2007, 06:54 AM
There seems to be alot of speculation going on right now about DCA. A new light/fireworks show in the lagoon called Wonderful World of Color, similar to the Bellagio fountains. Because the TDA suits are hoping this will be the Fantasmic counterpart, they need to make room for the thousands in attendance. For this to happen, they will need to take out some rides along Paradise Pier: Orange Stinger, Zephyr, Jumpin' Jellyfish, maybe Mulholland Madness. It's possible the Golden Dreams Theater will be relocated. I've also read that Philharmagic will replace Muppets.

PanFan
09-10-2007, 07:27 AM
This site (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm) has some pretty detailed descriptions of the rumored changes. I've found them to be quite accurate in the past. I've heard that just about everything from Paradise Pier will be removed/replaced except the Sun Wheel and Screamin' (which itself will receive a Disney villains makeover). I'm excited about the rumblings of a Little Mermaid dark ride where Golden Dreams currently is (though my dad will be most upset if/when the film goes away). And I can't wait for the Wonderful World of Color show (Steve Davison is the main designer and he's the one responsible for the current fireworks display). Good things are happening!

mommyof4
09-10-2007, 08:04 AM
When are they going to be starting to take down the rides like the zypher? .we are planning to be there in march 2008 and would ;ove to still see it. Oh and do you know if toy story mania might be up and running then?
Thanks

IdahoMike
09-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately I think there's almost no chance of Toy Story Mania being open by March. The signs all say "Summer 2008", and there have been rumors of delays as well. :(

MadasaHatter
09-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I just read the site about changing DCA entrance to 1920s Los Angeles and Hollywood to 1930s Hollywood....that would be awesome.....especially the limos and trolleys running up and down Hollywood (y'all know my fave ride is the Main St. Vehicles) It would be awesome if the Philharmagic was like the 1930s Mickey's Bandstand Movie....I believe it was the first color film for Disney or certainly one of the first. I looooove Monster's Inc. But think it would be best moved to another section of the park. Is that possible? Now if they would only do San Francisco during the gold rush era!!!! They could put that where Pacific Wharf is !!!!! Can you say Cable Car Roller coaster???? Then you could have the Barbary Coast Can Can gals and bring them back since they have been missing from Frontierland.....awwww if only I ran the planning.....

oregontraveler
09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
When are they going to be starting to take down the rides like the zypher? .we are planning to be there in march 2008 and would ;ove to still see it. Oh and do you know if toy story mania might be up and running then?
Thanks

I believe this makeover is still a few years away.

Darkbeer
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I believe this makeover is still a few years away.

Actually, the Wonderful World of Color Lagoon Water Show is scheduled to start in the summer of 2009, so work whould start shortly after Mickey's Halloween Treat is over (some stuff might start in October), but plan for major closures in DCA starting in early 2008, especially in the Route 66 area.

As in the Parade Route moving to exit near First Aid so they can start upgrading the area near the lake (north side) to allow for the expecting viewing needs and sightlines for the new water show.

They have a go ahead for at least 5 years of major refurbs starting next month. Can't wait to get photos of the bulldozers. Heck, the GCH area has been fun to watch, and it is only in its second week.

Bring on those bulldozers and start building the new and improved stuff...

houseofmouse
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I have not seen Muppets on the Disneyland site as being down anytime soon, contrary to what some have mentioned. I still say Philharmagic belongs in Disneyland and more Muppets need to be in DCA. I still wonder why Disney would acquire the Muppets and then get rid of them altogether in DCA. Seems kinda pointless in my view.
The Zephyer is usually closed due to wind and opens when the wind dies down again. I think I would be sad to see the Stinger go, we love that ride, although the buzzing is a bit annoying sometimes. I have heard CarLand will go in the Timon lot. A lot of what if's abound and I guess we have to wait and see what happens. :):)

Baloo
09-10-2007, 10:42 PM

no neither one of these are being removed. One of these will be moved but not removed the other will not be touched.

The cars themed area will not be anywhere near the pier. it will be near the farm and behind it.

Baloo
09-10-2007, 10:50 PM
The idea at the moment is to close golden dreams to turn into golden screams. Then the big possiblity of not re-opening again but demolished to be replaced by little mermaid. The exit of the attraction being the rotunda.

Mullholand madness replaced by an indoor coaster (theme still being debated)

everything from the orange stinger (but not including the orange stinger) to mullholland madness removed and replaced with a new configuration.

parade route changed. The parade will no longer pass by the entrance. it will start by the warf and end at the pier gates.

the future has the maliboomer replaced with another attraction.

Toy story opening around une of 2008
Disney's world of color spring of 2009

the whole north side of the bay redone to have multi tier viewing for the new show

Muppets closing and replaced by philharmagic and the whole hollywood picture backlot getting a complete makeover.

the entrance also changed to be more time specific Los Angeles.

Clotho
09-11-2007, 10:40 AM
OH! I would LOVE to have Philharmagic at DLR! WAHOO! Hope this rumor is true!

Sounds like some amazing things in store for DCA. Rather than get my hackles up yet, I think I will wait to see what REALLY trasnpires, and then get excited or dismayed then. Change is good in this case, surely...

Mickeygirlforever
09-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Wow! All of this is exciting! I don't think DCA is all that bad of a park, but we definetely spend more time in DL. Anyway, sounds like it'll be great!

CharmingsWoman
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I agree about Philharmagic, it would be awesome to have on this coast! It's got My vote!

kandyk
09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to save Muppets and move it into the spot where the very outdated Honey I Shrunk the Audience is. I would be very sad to see Muppets go but I have no problem with HISTA leaving.

Clotho
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to save Muppets and move it into the spot where the very outdated Honey I Shrunk the Audience is. I would be very sad to see Muppets go but I have no problem with HISTA leaving.

This would be my preference as well. But doesn't Kodak sponsor HISTA? I am guessing sponsorship has a lot to do with attractions continuing past their prime. I, too, would prefer HISTA to go, but oh well. I will take Philharmagic anyway!

Bytebear
09-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Another posibility (and they were thinking about it long before DCA), is putting Muppets in the Opera House. It has the room for the pre-show, and the 50th show is getting a little old. They already have the animatronics, and it would be an easy move. So, maybe Mr. Lincoln will be replaced with Miss Piggy.

skyway man
09-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Another posibility (and they were thinking about it long before DCA), is putting Muppets in the Opera House. It has the room for the pre-show, and the 50th show is getting a little old. They already have the animatronics, and it would be an easy move. So, maybe Mr. Lincoln will be replaced with Miss Piggy.

I had heard that too. I wonder if that could be pulled off? I think that the show they have now is becoming dated. The 50th is over.

jeffthechef
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Can you say Cable Car Roller coaster???? .....

That's one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time:D