PDA

View Full Version : Which Restaurant is the Best?

Shary Bobbins
07-16-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm going to be going to Downtown Disney next week to have dinner. I can't decide which restaurant to go to. Could you please offer me any advice on which restaurant to pick.

The choices are...

Y Arriba Y Arriba, Catal, and Naples Ristorante

Thanks for the help.

disneynut
07-16-2002, 03:54 PM
I have never been to Catal or Naples but DO NOT do Y Arriba. The food was terrible and overpriced when we were there. Frankly, I am amazed they are still open. Either Catal or Naples HAS to be better....

disguy
07-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I would say Naples was preety good not great by any means! If your truly looking for great food stay AWAY from Rain Forest cafe yuck food!

adriennek
07-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Hands down, Catal.

1- Catal is the only one I really recommend of the DtD restaurants for the most part, anyway. I've been there and the food was good. Service was Ok, but the food was really good.

2- Napa Rose wasn't on your list or it would've been my #1 choice.

3- Naples isn't that great. I've eaten there and had an unpleasant experience. I've had friends who've had them separate from mine. I actually haven't heard any positive reports about it...

Adrienne K

Gemini Cricket
07-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by disneynut
I have never been to Catal or Naples but DO NOT do Y Arriba. The food was terrible and overpriced when we were there. Frankly, I am amazed they are still open. Either Catal or Naples HAS to be better....
I agree with disneynut on this one. Y Arriba was Y Yucky.

Go with Catal.

:)

innerSpaceman
07-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Gotta be Catal by default as I have either personally had bad experiences or have heard reputable bad things about all the other Downtown Disney restaurants.

Letsee, bad restaurants, mostly boring stores. Is Downtown Disney a loser?

Not Afraid
07-16-2002, 05:01 PM
If your other choices were, like Adrienne said, Napa Rose, that would outrank Catal. With the choices you gave, Catal. I also like Ralph Brennen's a lot and would recommend it if you like New Orleans cookin'.

Iceman
07-16-2002, 05:17 PM
I have to go outside the parameters you listed and recommend Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen! I've had three meals there, all of them great. The food is outstanding, the wine and specialty drink lists are impressive, the atmosphere is great, but it's the tremendous service that really makes the meal.

InnerSpaceman, I think if you look at the crowds at Downtown Disney (at least every time I've been there), it's hard to proclaim it a "loser".

coronamouseman
07-16-2002, 05:34 PM
I second Iceman's choice. If you can get seated in the piano bar area they ususally have live music from, I believe, 5PM onward.

Great way to take a break and a rest before either going home or back to the parks.

Warning - a little pricey, but great!

HBTiggerFan
07-16-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
3- Naples isn't that great. I've eaten there and had an unpleasant experience. I've had friends who've had them separate from mine. I actually haven't heard any positive reports about it...

Adrienne K

I've been to Naples 3 or 4 times. I have never had a bad experience with food. Service seems to be a bit slow at times. We've never ate inside, always ate outside. I have always gotten a pizza, my friend has gotten several things, everything was good. It is a bit pricey though, and the AP deal is a free appitizer with 2 entrees (pizza doesn't count) So theres a good review for you

mkyears
07-16-2002, 08:05 PM
I would get a chicken ceaser pizza I know it sounds weird but trust me so good too bad this is not a choice though but for anyone else go for it

mikala
07-16-2002, 08:54 PM
We have had great experiences with food and service at the following restaurants:

Catal's
House of Blues
Rainforest Cafe (my granny loved it)
ESPN Zone (husbands ultimate, and never miss)
Naples
Ralph Brennan's

The only one we did not care for was at Arriba Arriba. There service was terrible. Just for 14 drinks alone, 10 of which were soda was 100.00. The people were extremely unfriendly.

What ever you decide, have a wonderful time. Maybe you could try Hooke's Point for Dinner, as it is another of our not to miss on our list.

:cool: :cool: Mikala:cool: :cool:

cstephens
07-17-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Shary Bobbins
I'm going to be going to Downtown Disney next week to have dinner. I can't decide which restaurant to go to. Could you please offer me any advice on which restaurant to pick.

The choices are...

Y Arriba Y Arriba, Catal, and Naples Ristorante

Thanks for the help.

Given your choices: I'd say avoid Y Arriba Y Arriba like the plague.

Catal is one of my two favorite restaurants at the resort, Napa Rose being the other one.

I've not eaten at Naples and am not likely to as I've heard lots of bad reviews from people I know and none from people I do know, and for the prices they charge, I'd much rather go to Catal.

If you're interested, I've got some restaurant reviews posted, including a few from Catal, one fairly recent, and one of Y Arriba, though that one's from last May. I've also got a few posted, one recent, from Napa Rose. Go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html if you're interested.

Allysen1Derland
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

Letsee, bad restaurants, mostly boring stores. Is Downtown Disney a loser?

Noway, Jose! I LOVE Downtown Disney!
:) Lemmee see.... Sephora, appletinis at The Uva Bar, House of Blues....what's not to love? Maybe I'm the loser 'cause I love it so much! (nah, I'm just one of those "L.A. types"! Haha!:D )

80S ERA
07-17-2002, 12:19 PM
Yes, Arriba Arriba is that bad. Last time we visited, it took 30 minutes (no exaggeration) for a server to even acknoledge us. When he finally did, he acted as if he were doing us a favor.

I'd avoid Naples, too. The pizza was overpriced and the bread rolls were hard enough to sharpen knifes.

My favorites are Ralph Brennans, Storyteller's (buffet), Goofy's Kitchen (buffet), and Napa Rose. All of them are pricey, however.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
I've only eaten at Naples once - outside in the evening - and the pizza is very thin. It was cold with-in 5 minutes of being served.

The Jazz Kitchen has a great atmosphere - is the most 'Disney' of the resturants as far as themeing- and has 3 dining options depending on price. The food is excellent :-)

Disney Nick
07-17-2002, 10:53 PM
I must go out on a limb to defend Y Arriba Y Arriba. I don't recommend you eat there, but at night, their tapas menu is GREAT. BUT, you must like that taste. I have not been able to find such a diverse menu anywhere else, yes a tad overpriced, and service is a tad slow, but their tapas menu is good and diverse. I'd recommend Catal, but Y Arriba isn't as bad if you like that food.