PDA

View Full Version : Slow day at DLR

Doug
09-08-2007, 05:32 PM
We arrived about 12pm today, crowds have been very mild, you don't even need FP's today, only realy hot for 2-3 hours, bound to be even better as Sundays are usually the slowest day of the week....

Doug
09-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Went yesterday, did not get there still 12pm, or a little later, did not even need a FP all day, ended up getting a couple but the only ride we had to wait for was ToT, should have got a FP for that one, because the left elevator was broken... wonder if the down stairs left elevator was not working either, so those with FP's to ToT, it was MUCH faster.... went to get on Space, closed, was going to be last ride them go home... but otherwise far less people than usually.... probably be even better today... oh, and it was only really hot for like 2 hours...

BlewByYou
09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
How long was the line for Nemo?

DizneyMommy
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
We were there too. It was awesome, we rode Peter Pan, Snow White, Buzz, The Railroad, Pooh, Pirates, watched the parade, made a hundred bathroom trips, and ate dinner all within about 4 hours. When we walked in to the park at 3:05ish, we were thrilled to find TONS of space open on Main street, in the shade no less, so we plunked down for the first parade. The signboard showed some incredibly low wait times, 5 Min for several rides, and the longest wait (other than Nemo) was only 35 min.

We did not, however, consider getting in the Nemo line... it was well over an hour long all afternoon.

mchael
09-09-2007, 03:05 PM
one reason for short lines may have been that they only had 6 windows open to buy tickets!!! I arrived at 6pm and waited for 90 minutes and still have at least 200 people in front of me. When we walked away someone told us they waited over 3 hours to buy tickets and were just going to come back the next day as their feet were too tired.

The ticket booths on the side of the shuttle pick ups were all closed.

My mistake for not buying tickets before going to the park as I wanted to go the night of my birthday. We decided to wait until next week.

DizneyMommy
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Just FYI... I believe (and maybe I am wrong) that World of Disney sells tickets, as do the hotels. At least they used to, but I have not tried to do that since the old monorail station existed!

friendlypixie
09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Yea I was there yesterday too! It was so nice not having to deal with the crowds. Finding Nemo was about an hour wait the whole day but at one point the board said it was only a 45 min wait. We got fast passes for space mountain only so we could come back after dinner and not wait. It was good that we did cuz it was only a 25 min wait when we got them and a 45 min wait when we came back. It did seem as though the park was more crowded at night then it had been in the afternoon but not that much difference.

evrythngwmn
09-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Nemo hovered at about an hour all day until just before closing. From about 10 o'clock on it was about 35 to 40 minutes.

mousemom
09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
You that live close are so lucky!! Now that the lines are short I'm dying to be there but driving all the way from AZ limits things a bit! I would love to just jump in the car and be there but then I remember what happens when school starts...schedules, school, sports, music lessons and more schedules. Well, some day I may say forget all that and join you all! If that side of me never takes over then at least Fall Break is coming!!!:D

Jon
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I stopped by last night for Space Mountain and fireworks. Finally got to ride Nemo for the first time after the fireworks, and (as everythngwmn said) the wait was about 35 minutes. Well worth it. So much better than the old subs! :)

bag3lbit3s
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
I was there thursday and friday. Thursday was dead empty, friday was fairly crowded but not peak summer crowded. A lot of college students I noticed. Probably trying to go one more time before they started.

houseofmouse
09-10-2007, 08:40 AM
:crying: I want to go!! Seems like when we get there it so crowded! Hope everyone had fun with there not being any crowds. When do they(crowds) pick up again?

twokids
09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
We were there yesterday and it was sooo nice. I really missed the off-season crowd. We got in line for Nemo at about 8:30pm and waited at the very most 25-30 min. The line moved quickly. Had a blast!!

str1375
09-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I'll be going on wednesday of this week and i am hoping the place will be pretty empty. My girlfreind has never really had a chance to just stroll through the park leisurely and she has never seen DCA.

Considering its the middle of the week i am figureing it will be very empty.

pastrylover
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
How long was the line for Nemo?

We were their to celebrate my birthday and decided to wait for Nemo since the line was short. I would say we spent no more than 45 minutes in line for the ride.

cookie7762
09-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I was there Saturday was well. I could not believe how un-crowded it was. I have never been in the off season and I swear I am never going peak season again! I didn't wait for nemo tho... too long. We bought our tickets that day at around 10am and we walked right up, no line whatsoever.

annieb727
09-10-2007, 11:41 AM
one reason for short lines may have been that they only had 6 windows open to buy tickets!!! I arrived at 6pm and waited for 90 minutes and still have at least 200 people in front of me. When we walked away someone told us they waited over 3 hours to buy tickets and were just going to come back the next day as their feet were too tired.

The ticket booths on the side of the shuttle pick ups were all closed.

My mistake for not buying tickets before going to the park as I wanted to go the night of my birthday. We decided to wait until next week.

That's just CRAZY!

hybrid-god
09-10-2007, 12:01 PM
A slow day must be nice!!!!!:p

River Belle
09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
We got to the park around 6 p.m. last night, and it felt really crowded to me! This could have been largely due to the crowd on Main Street, who were all waiting for the parade to start. The walkways were pretty congested, but we were able to walk right on to IASM and Gadget's Go Coaster, and there was no wait to meet Mickey in his movie barn.

Fantasyland was pretty packed, though. We didn't have time for anything else, but I'm wondering how the rest of the park was. Anyone else in the park yesterday? How about today?:)

evrythngwmn
09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Evenings are always busier. There are a fair amount of local passholders who visit regularly after work.

cstephens
09-11-2007, 10:35 PM
I think the people waiting for the parade on Main Street was what gave you that illusion. It wasn't that crowded at the park today.

DizneyMommy
09-12-2007, 07:35 AM
I was there yesterday too, it was pretty darned empty. I had a feeling it would be, that's why we went. Other than the heat, it was a nice morning. We were there between 10 and 1ish and managed to ride every ride in Fantasy Land, the railroad, Pooh, Tiki Room, spend an hour having lunch and watching the ducks from the lower level of HB, and then went home. Every ride was basically walk-on, or less than a 10 minute wait. Walkways were empty, dining locations were empty, rides were empty, and yet, a 75 minute wait for Nemo.

They only had 2 trams running when we arrived, which was really annoying, the opening time rush warranted at least one more. I did notice a police presence in the Esplande, about 5 or 6 officers in uniform kinda hanging around in the shade, looking bored, as well as numerous gaurds everywhere we turned. Bag check was skimpier than usual though, she barely even looked in at all and I saw some people being waved in without opening them.

Perhaps the evening rush yesterday was that it was the last day of the passholder appreciation discount, I had totally forgotten about it until I bought an antenna topper and she told me I was getting 20% and asked if I wanted to shop anymore first. Too bad I had a very cranky, past naptime 2 year old with me or I would have done some damage in the stores!

BlewByYou
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I was there today and the park was pretty empty. If you got there at 6:00 and it seemed to have more people that is because DCA closed at 6:00 (today at least) and there was a steady stream of people going from there to Disneyland.

dougeebear
09-13-2007, 10:39 AM
ToT, should have got a FP for that one, because the left elevator was broken... wonder if the down stairs left elevator was not working either, so those with FP's to ToT, it was MUCH faster....

I believe the TOT elevators are double-decker structures; they load the lower and the upper floor at the same time. If the left elevator on the Upper floor was not working, then the left elevator on the Lower floor would not be working either.