PDA

View Full Version : Off the Page

Boo's Mommy
09-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Has anyone been to Off the Page recently? Last year I had bought a collector's Pirate Mickey statue there, He's about 24 inches or just under.
They didn't have a Pirate Minnie yet, but said they would this coming year.
Was wondering if they got them in yet.

cstephens
09-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Has anyone been to Off the Page recently? Last year I had bought a collector's Pirate Mickey statue there, He's about 24 inches or just under.
They didn't have a Pirate Minnie yet, but said they would this coming year.
Was wondering if they got them in yet.

Do you mean the big fig? If so, yes, there was a Pirate Minnie one available at Off the Page, Disneyana and World of Disney. I don't recall if I've seen it lately. I really disliked it, so I didn't even take a picture of it.

Boo's Mommy
09-08-2007, 07:50 PM
You didn't like it? Do you recall if she looks like the Mickey Pirate big fig?
Oh that's a shame! :( Well, I guess we'll find out next month if she'll come home to with us. But if anyone does happen to take a picture before then, I'd greatly like to see how she looks!

MauiMickey
09-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Could this be what you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATE-MINNIE-BIG-FIG-Disney-Caribbean-Figure-Statue_W0QQitemZ290121665696QQihZ019QQcategoryZ358 53QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Boo's Mommy
09-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Not that I've seen it before, but looking at my Mickey, I think that's it!
Oh, hmm, ya, I'm not exactly "in love" with it. I'll have to show the hubby and see what he thinks. I loved Mickey hands down, but maybe I can find something else. Thanks Maui!

cstephens
09-08-2007, 08:47 PM
You didn't like it? Do you recall if she looks like the Mickey Pirate big fig?

The link that was posted is the big fig I was talking about. I just thought she looked too cutesy and weird, but then, I'm not into the princess pirate thing. I love Pirate Mickey - we actually have him.

Boo's Mommy
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I hear you! I was hoping that she would look like the pirate minnie plush, which is dressed very similarly to the Pirate Mickey big fig.

cstephens
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I saw the pirate princess Minnie big fig at World of Disney and Disneyana and the pirate shop in New Orleans Square today. I didn't go into DCA, so I don't know if Off the Page has it.

They had both the Minnie and Mickey pirate big figs displayed together, so I thought you might want to see a picture of them next to each other (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/merch/pirdisp.jpg).

MrsPooh
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Help me. Is Off The Page the store that is next to the Animation building?

If so, I saw both of them in there this past August.

They really are neat to look at. I couldn't collect big figs, no room for them! But they are cool!

cstephens
09-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Help me. Is Off The Page the store that is next to the Animation building?

That's correct. You can actually exit the Animation building lobby directly into Off The Page.

Boo's Mommy
09-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks soo much for the pic! I showed my DH and he actually likes minnie, so i guess we will be taking her home next month if he's available. They won't be displayed together though, kind of across the hall from each other.
I'm a pirates fan, but my DH is a HUGE pirates fan, he's trying to find a life-size Capt Jack statue. Fortunately he hasn't found one, i haven't the faintest idea WHERE it would go. He found a life sized pirate statue that appears to be climbing a rope, and he sooo wanted to get it to hang off the entry lamp in our entryway. Somehow, i managed to talk him out of it.

cstephens
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
he's trying to find a life-size Capt Jack statue.

You mean like the one I mentioned in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=71240)?

Mrs Mouse
09-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm a pirates fan, but my DH is a HUGE pirates fan, he's trying to find a life-size Capt Jack statue. Fortunately he hasn't found one, i haven't the faintest idea WHERE it would go.

A life-size Captain Jack statue, I can see your hesitation towards. However, if it was the real-life Captain Jack figure, now that I would find some room for!!! ;)

Boo's Mommy
09-13-2007, 07:51 AM
You mean like the one I mentioned in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=71240)?

:D Ha, he actually saw that one, and boy was he SUPER thrilled, but fortunately I won that arguement because of the price alone! Oh goodness! I told him, it shouldn't cost any more than say $300-$500 - i figure that's a pretty safe bet he won't ever find any in that price range!

I said, if we can't afford to buy the Kinkade Magic Kingdom painting, then he most certainly can't buy that! There was a lot of hemming and hawing in the home over this!