PDA

View Full Version : Are fireworks ever earlier than 9:25?

jcruise86
09-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Are fireworks ever shot off before 9:25? I have a toddler and that's past her bedtime.

Malcon10t
09-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Are fireworks ever shot off before 9:25? I have a toddler and that's past her bedtime.
Yes. During CM parties in Dec, I believe they are set of at 5:45pm. When the park closes at 8 and fireworks are planned, they go off at 7:45p.

evrythngwmn
09-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Sometimes they are when the park closes early for special event. One example I can think of is the nights of the CM parties in December. They are usually done just before the park closes for regular guests.

evrythngwmn
09-07-2007, 09:26 PM
ooh jinx Malcon10t.

VickiC
09-08-2007, 08:01 AM
jcruise, for a couple of years my early to bed kids only ever say the fireworks on a day of the CM party. It is a great day to go if you have little ones.

kelli1rose
09-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Going to see the christmas parade and the fireworks in Dec. on the dates of the CM parties has been our family tradition for several years now. It was very relaxing and I left filled with holiday spirit. The timing works great for both of my kids. I highly recommend it!

jcruise86
09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
God bless you, everyone!
I will go through the calendar and look for early fireworks shows in December as soon as they are posted!
:)
Thanks again!

DizneyMommy
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
A word of caution... we have done this (gone on CM party night) before (unknowingly, actually) and you MUST bring LOTS of patience with you! Once the fireworks are over, the park is also closing and everyone in the park is standing on Main St and trying to exit. It is a nightmare. Then, don't even consider taking the tram, you'll be walking - the tram lines are insane.

A better option (IMHO anyways) is to wait until the first couple of weeks in December when the park closes a little earlier during the week. The fireworks will usually be 15 minutes before park closing and so sometimes as early as 7:45pm. Even though that is also right at park closing, the CM party nights seem to create mass chaos because people are unprepared for the park closing that early no matter how many times is it announced, and they stay every last minute they can. On a weeknight the first 2 weeks of December, the park is open until at least 8, and so by then some people have gone home already or at least are perfectly aware of the closing time and it is not nearly as bad of a people and vehicle traffic mess.

But that's just my experience with it...

I also have a toddler, and you'd be really surprised at how late they can make it at Disneyland and with a reasonably good attitude, too! Every 2 or 3 months we end up there with family or out-of-town friends who do not want to leave before closing and our 2 year old stays wide awake and happy as a bee right through the fireworks and until she is buckled in to the car.