PDA

View Full Version : Black out days...a good thing?

disguy
07-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Ok before you guys read this please note I'm not talking about the "general" so cal's but a small portion:

After coming back from Disneyland this past weekend I thought about what a calming and wonderful trip. The lack of "locals" and large groups of teens (except for a few I saw) was fantastic. The last time I went in April it was a free day for every AP holder it was horriable. Punks,teens everything you can imagine.

I think the lack of them was because of the black outs for So cal and Deluxe people. Does anyone else notice this also?

Like I said I'm not saying every Local resident is a pain but that small portion that are can really make a trip bad.

lisap
07-16-2002, 03:25 PM
ummmm....tread lightly here disguy. I hope you are not implying that only the premium and out of town people are well-behaved citizens.

:)

disguy
07-16-2002, 03:35 PM
No offence lisap but if that was what I was implying I would have said that on the thread....What I'm sugesting is that small group of people who are troublemakers at the park most likely come from So cal passes the reason why I say this is because the trips I've made on the black out days as aposed to non black out days was like night and day. I wondered if anyone else had noticed this.

spelling ;)

MonorailMan
07-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Personal Opinion:

Blackout Days Suck!

If we renew, I'm jumping straight to Premium. :D

RStar
07-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Yes, I have noticed that. But I've also seen it on the Block out days (but not as often). Keep in mind that they are block out days because they are typically buisier days to start with, so that could be some of what you see.

RStar
07-16-2002, 05:01 PM
By the way, Disney calls them 'BLOCKOUT DAYS". I guess BLACKOUT sounds too negitive. Like PASSPORT and TICKET. A passport is for a trip and a ticket is what you get for speeding. I love Disney symantics, don't you. By the way it is a Music series at DCA, NOT a CONCERT!:D

mkyears
07-16-2002, 07:58 PM
I think Disneyland Is better when there are more peole there opposed to no teens punks (me if that's whatcha wanna call us) there. Youth mixing with the adults is something that makes Disneyland great. So suggesting that we stress you out when we are there is sort of offensive even though I understand that some of us get out of hand.

disguy
07-16-2002, 08:08 PM
well, it's not really stressing people out it's just some are just a annoyance like for example trying to have a cigarette behind Thunder Mt...when there is no benches because they are all moved so a group of about 16 teens are sitting there lounging half not even smoking and I bet none are over 18

Uncle Dick
07-16-2002, 08:22 PM
I love blockout days. If you've seen the (lack of) crowds that the park has had for the past month or so, you'd love em, too.

justagrrl
07-17-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by disguy
well, it's not really stressing people out it's just some are just a annoyance like for example trying to have a cigarette behind Thunder Mt...when there is no benches because they are all moved so a group of about 16 teens are sitting there lounging half not even smoking and I bet none are over 18

Well - why don't you just go sit down with them. I'll bet they'll leave and then you'll have a place to smoke.

...or...maybe they won't leave .... and you'll *have* to talk to them (gasp) and perhaps you'll find they aren't half as bad as you think they might be.

Yeah - I know. Underage smokers... but I was once one and I wasn't really all *that* bad. ;)

RStar
07-17-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I love blockout days. If you've seen the (lack of) crowds that the park has had for the past month or so, you'd love em, too.

Less crazed-gold-van-drivers to watch out for?:D ;)

Disneyfan&mom
07-17-2002, 07:44 AM
...when are the block-out dates for local pass holders? Is it all Summer?

disguy
07-17-2002, 08:03 AM
It's the month of July and I think mostly all Sat (I think)

lisap
07-17-2002, 08:29 AM
Summer Blockout days for socal passes:
July: 1-31
August: 1-24, 31
September: 1, 7, 14, 28

coronamouseman
07-17-2002, 09:16 AM
With almost 300 days to choose from each year and some of my kids in year-round school, I hope they keep the SoCal APs as inexpensive as they are even if they have to up the blockout days (i.e. Fridays in the offseason, for instance).

It's a great deal ......................

TerryTiger
07-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
With almost 300 days to choose from each year and some of my kids in year-round school, I hope they keep the SoCal APs as inexpensive as they are even if they have to up the blockout days (i.e. Fridays in the offseason, for instance).

It's a great deal ......................

I think you are a little off there as you've overstated by 50%. So Cal passholders (160 blockout days) only have 205 days to choose from, not 300. 365-160=205.