PDA

View Full Version : How wet do you get on Splash?

PinkFloyd
07-16-2002, 12:03 PM
I will only have about 4 hours to spend at DL on Sat. morning and I really want to ride splash as I only have been on it twice. My question is, how wet should I expect to get, say on a scale of 1 to 10?

Also, if I were to get a FP first thing in the morning for splash about what time do you think it would be for?

TIA!

Rallymonkey23
07-16-2002, 12:10 PM
If you sit in the front and they have the water up, I would say a 9 on your right leg.(I'm not even going to try and explain this) But if you sit in the middle or back I would say about a 4 or 5. Not too bad.......

Uncle Dick
07-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Most of the "wetness" from Splash Mountain comes from "misters" in the final tunnel and other droplets that splash up onto you. There aren't really any "drencher" moments like GRR has. I don't think I've ever walked out of Critter Country with "that soggy feeling".

Gemini Cricket
07-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I don't think I've ever walked out of Critter Country with "that soggy feeling".
I have. Do Splash first so you can dry off for the rest of the day or change your clothes early on. I've gotten wet sitting in back before too. I've experienced 2-8 before. Opening week I experienced a 10, but they tamed it down since then.

FP is a good idea - first thing in the morning. I don't know what time window you'll get though, sorry.

RideMax Mark
07-16-2002, 12:38 PM
If you get your splash FP right after the park opens at 8, the return window shouldn't be any more than 45 minutes away.

Darkbeer
07-16-2002, 12:40 PM
I also got a "10" soaking (worse than GRR) when they first reopened, though that seemed to be fixed.... a heavy person in the front seat can get soaked on the right leg area (where the log leaves the Laughing Place back into the flume) I know from experence... but most people get about a 3 to 4, sprinkles, and a few small wet patches, on a hot dry day, not a problem at all.....

Not Afraid
07-16-2002, 01:08 PM
I hardly ever get soaked, certainly not like on Girzzly which can be a 80% soak. But, the other night we rode Splash and both my friend and myself (seats #s 1&2) got very, very wet. We both were doing the "soggy bottom walk" back to our fantasmic seats.

This happened after we swore up and down that she wouldn't get that set on Splash.:eek:

Ghoulish Delight
07-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Unless you're really unlucky, like me. Last time I road Splash, I road single rider and was in the back seat. We were coming around the curve near the beginning where you get your first look at the big drop. A log went over, and the water cannons shot the fake splash. I looked at it and thought, "wow, that seemed like a bigger than normal fake splash." The water went pretty high. So I watched it, and watched it, and watched it, and followed it as it came down...directly on my head! I got soaked! And I was the only one in the log! :mad:

RideMax is correct that if you get it your FP first thing, return time will probably be 9:00 or before. So, if you don't want an early morning soaking, wait until like 8:30 or 9:00. The return times will probably be closer to 10. Still plenty of time to dry off just in case, but not so early that you'll be too cold.

PineapplePrincess
07-16-2002, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PinkFloyd
[B]I will only have about 4 hours to spend at DL on Sat. morning and I really want to ride splash as I only have been on it twice. My question is, how wet should I expect to get, say on a scale of 1 to 10?

How wet? There have been times that I have gotten a 7 soaking, and other times when I have gotten 0, and in not a drop. It is just all about luck. I average a 3.

I say get there, get a FP, ride by way of the standby line, get another FP, ride with your old FP and then ride the last time with your second FP...of course that is just assuming that the times work out right.

Tigertail777
07-16-2002, 07:08 PM
when I was there a few weeks ago, fastpass was not working, and from the looks of the area, didn't look like it would for another month or so. But if you want to get on right away get a single rider pass -it is great! My family got a single rider pass one after another so we could actually see each others logs, and we were able to get on the ride in really about 5 minutes flat. as to how wet you get... I was in the very back of the log and only got one pant leg decently wet, but not soaked.. I don't think there is really any way to predict how wet you'll get, but I can almost guarantee it won't be the kind of soaking you get on grizzly river rapids run- they do everything they can to get you soaked on that one.

Darkbeer
07-16-2002, 07:22 PM
Tigertail 777, you are a bit confused, you are talking about the NEW FastPass location for Splash (next to the Haunted mansion exit), this location will open up next spring when the "new" ride opens up in Critter Country... The "old" or current FastPass location is next to the Briar Patch store, basically across the path from the Canoe's exit and the Hungry Bear Entrance, this FP location does close down most afternoons after all the FP have been distributed... there are still FP's for Splash, but the Single Rider is Faster than an FP!

Tigertail777
07-17-2002, 03:33 AM
OK thanks darbeer your probably right... alls I know is that the cm said on all 3 days we went that fastpass was "down" for that day. I didn't think I'd get to ride splash at all.. one day we waited over a half hour when the ride went 101 for the rest of the day, the other two days it was really really busy, then I remebered about this single rider thing I saw on the internet, and bango we all got on that way.

Sarahsponda
07-17-2002, 10:36 AM
As a short person, I have found that if I sit in the very front
and duck at the end of the big drop, all the water goes right
over my head and onto the person behind me.

Of course, my husband does not appreciate this at all! :D