PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Treat With No Kids?

angelbabie611
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
My boyfriend and I were considering buying tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Treat but we wouldn't be bringing any kids with us. I know it includes dressing up, trick or treating and live music. Sounds like something we would enjoy. I know it is primarily geared towards children but do you think it would be just as fun with out kids? Are adults allowed to get candy too? I miss trick or treating and I would feel silly doing it any where else but at DLR.:D

annieb727
09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
GO! You can most certainly get candy, participate in anything you want! I'd do it!

Andrew
09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
My wife and I have no children and will be at MHT on October 12 (with lots of other Padders!). We did last year's event as well and had a great time.

Rkkm
09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
This will be our third year as a childless couple at the Halloween Treat. We just love it! Really like a date. We ride all the rides, enjoy all of the displays, scoop up candy, dance and have so much fun looking at all the kids' costumes. They are so cute! We wear Halloween-theme clothes .. t-shirt, sweater, socks, pants .. the works. We really think we have as much fun as the kids and their parents. Come on and join us!

jswtsang
09-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I went last year with my b/f and we had a great time and we have no kids. I probably won't go this year since we're not AP holders this year, but I had a fun time trick or treating, but beware, another reason we probably won't go is we got so much candy it was hanging around for months! :-P

jt

annieb727
09-08-2007, 02:56 PM
I went last year with my b/f and we had a great time and we have no kids. I probably won't go this year since we're not AP holders this year, but I had a fun time trick or treating, but beware, another reason we probably won't go is we got so much candy it was hanging around for months! :-P

jt

it's true...you'll get TONS of candy. Now, we really limit what our boys can have, but just a couple of weeks ago, I tossed what we had left from MHT from last year!!

kohl
09-09-2007, 07:15 AM
it's true...you'll get TONS of candy. Now, we really limit what our boys can have, but just a couple of weeks ago, I tossed what we had left from MHT from last year!!

There are 4 of us in our family. We went 2 nights and came home with 25 pounds of candy! That is of course, after we had eaten a lot of it on the trip.
They also passed out carrots and apples last year.

Karin
09-09-2007, 07:56 AM
My wife and I have no children and will be at MHT on October 12 (with lots of other Padders!). We did last year's event as well and had a great time.

My DH and I will be there with Andrew and his wife on the 12th. We too, have no children and have gone to the past 2 Halloween Treats with no children in tow and had a great time! Although this year I'll have a 24-week pregnant belly with me, so we'll see how that goes!

We use the candy we get from trick-or-treating for the actual trick-or-treating on the 31st, that way we don't have to buy any!

adriennek
09-09-2007, 08:34 AM
My DH and I will be there with Andrew and his wife on the 12th.

:cough: Don'tCallAGirlAndSuddenlyYou'reChoppedLiver:cough:

;)
Adrienne

BlewByYou
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
What kind of candy do they give out? How does that work? What else do they do that is different than during the day?

jswtsang
09-11-2007, 07:37 AM
my favorite were the ghirardelli squares, but there were also a mix, with snickers, anabella's candy, stuff like that, apples and then the dreaded random candy that just looks like halloween candy but is terrible. It's quite a range. Basically you wait in lines for the candy, but at the end of the night when little kids are tired out you can get in line as many times as you want and the lines are shorter, and you can ask for specific candy towards the end :-)

jt