PDA

View Full Version : single rider/kid swap thing

ellisfamily
09-05-2007, 12:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the single rider and/or kid swap thing? I have seen it on a couple tips and tricks websites, but we have never tired it ourselves. Any of u have any suggestions/recommendations/comments on this? Is it worth it or do people just get upset with you?

Also, does anyone know if the halloween decorations are going to be up next week or do they wait until the day halloweentime opens? Were going to be in the park through Sept 19th

Also, does anyone know how strict they are on the height thing? My son is like 39" and my husband really wants him to go on some of the 40" rides. Does it just depend on the CM or do they really stick to it?

Quinten27
09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
To answer your last question first, YES, they are very strict about meeting the height requirements, and you should be as well. If it's a matter of meeting the requirements by a few millimeters, you may get one CM who will wave you through and the next may tell you no, but if the child is definately under, they can not ride. Remember, it is for your childs safety that they have the hieght requirement.

Halloween decors........no idea on that.

I've never done the single rider, but I've done the baby swap many times. Just ask the CM at the beginning of the line for a baby swap pass and he/she will hook you up! No one is going to get upset with you for doing this, is pretty much the same as someone using a fastpass.

DizneyMommy
09-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Rider swap is great, we use it all the time when we take people with us so that we both get to ride on Soarin and some others. If you have kids who are too short or young to ride the ride, then you can take turns riding while one of you waits with them.

My suggestion is to get a Fast Pass for the ride first, then when you go back to ride it at your time slot, ask the first cast member you see if you may have a rider switch pass for your husband/wife/etc. Then you ride on the ride and when you are done, you give the pass to the person who was waiting with the kids and he/she can take one other person with them so they do not have to ride alone. That person takes the pass to the Fast Pass line or the exit, depending on what the instructions say, and gets in without standing in the whole standby line. This worked great for us because we usually have 4 adults and one 2 year old, so we went in pairs. You can also do it if it is just the two of you and take turns riding alone.

ellisfamily
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Awesome advice! Thanks Guys!

I am hesistant about my son riding those 40" rides anyway. I am scared about my daughter riding them...she is 44" this year. So he has already been having her watch all these ride videos on utube trying to get her excited about them, but I secretly hope she chickens out before the ride =)

jcatron243
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
When we went last year my daughter measured up at some rides and not on others. I don't really understand but she was over the 40" mark for Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain but under for Splash and Soarin'. She did get to ride on all of the rides thanks to a thick pair of socks.

We used the stroller pass last year. It was great! as long as the CM could see me or Hubby WITH the stroller we got one.

adriennek
09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
When we went last year my daughter measured up at some rides and not on others. I don't really understand but she was over the 40" mark for Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain but under for Splash and Soarin'. She did get to ride on all of the rides thanks to a thick pair of socks.

We used the stroller pass last year. It was great! as long as the CM could see me or Hubby WITH the stroller we got one.

1- Not all measuring sticks are created alike. The Jumpin' Jellyfish is NOTORIOUSLY too tall.

2- Just to clarify, the technical term for the switch pass we're talking about is "Rider Switch." It's also commonly called "Baby Swap" or "Child Swap."

I'd prefer we not use the term "Stroller pass" to avoid confusion for a couple of reasons - (a) You don't need a stroller to use a rider switch pass - just a child or family member who cannot ride due to ride restrictions. (b) There is another pass in the park affiliated with the Guest Assistance Card that applies to families who use a stroller as a wheelchair.

Adrienne

danyoung
09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Single rider is usually a separate line. It works great on Soarin', although you may get put in one of the lower rows with no option to wait for the front row. On Splash you enter through the exit, which always felt kinda special to me! And while I don't think there are many nasty looks, I don't really care. I'm not breaking any rules, and I'm not having to stand in a 90 minute line!

Bytebear
09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
We have done single rider on Splash with a group as big as 10 people. We refuse to wait in that long line. It may take us 20 minutes to get through everyone in our party, and we have to ride alone, but it's still worth it. Sometimes they can't find two people, and we even get to go in pairs (but that's rare).

Biggest benifit: Being the lone stranger is some family's Splash photo. Oh, the faces I make!

Malcon10t
09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Biggest benifit: Being the lone stranger is some family's Splash photo. Oh, the faces I make!Fortunately, the CMs at the photo area are very adept at editing the photos so ruined pictures are made usable to the families who wanted the picture. If someone screws up your picture that you waited in line so long for, you can still get it, and they will crop and blur to get your picture so you can still enjoy the photo, despite having someone attempt to ruin your "one time" chance.

mousemom
09-07-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!!