PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian conceirge level

SoCalSnowWhite
07-15-2002, 05:40 PM
I was just curious how much more it costs to stay on the conceirge level? What are the benefits to staying on this floor than on the others?

MichelleC
07-15-2002, 07:33 PM
We are staying next month and our package for 3 nights with a theme park concierge view and 4 day hoppers is $1738. So even deducting the hoppers which I think are $111 each and the other miscellaneous things that are included which probably have some value we are still paying close to $500 night. We did book through Disney Club and I haven't been able to get anything better so far.

I know that they do occassionally discout the concierge rooms. I know if we would have changed our trip by one week it would have been a little less. But, we are going for our anniversary and I wanted to be there on our anniversary weekend.

Karin
07-15-2002, 07:35 PM
SoCalSnowWhite - while I can't tell you how much it costs to stay on that level (I was there for a conference and so my co. paid for it) but on that level you get a DVD player in each room and unlimited borrowing of DVDs from the concierge lounge. There's complimentary continental breakfast each AM and wine and cheese each evening. I don't if they're all suites on that level, but we had a suite, and it was sweet!

I'd suggest calling the hotel and asking what their going rate is for the time of year you are considering going. Maybe also ask if the rate is cheaper, say in, January.

Good luck!

KarenW2
07-15-2002, 10:51 PM
We've stayed on concierge level twice at the GC, the most recent stay was on 6-2-02. By our calculations, it was about $100 more to stay in concierge over the regular level for where we were located. The two experiences were vastly different!

First time - stayed in a DCA view concierge room. Same size and view as the DCA view regular level room we had for the Sneak Preview, Scavenger Hunt & Panel Discussion event on 1-19-01. When we drove up, we were greeted at the car and shown upstairs, to check-in at their special lounge. We enjoyed a nice, cold beverage and snacks, while sitting comfortably, checking-in. Service was very helpful & friendly, food and drinks were plentiful, including cookies & milk in the lounge at night. All services were handled at the lounge desk - tickets, DVD rentals, etc. We enjoyed it so much, we wanted to go concierge again for our anniversary stay on 6-2.

Second time - had to stand juggling all our things, waiting in line with everyone else checking in, at the downstairs lobby desk! Not at all convenient & it took a long time! Lounge services have been nearly all eliminated! We had to get Blast dinner package tickets at the desk downstairs, instead of at the lounge on our same floor. It took several tries going downstairs to the desk, to find someone manning the desk before we were able to get some info on it. We had to return later to pick up the tickets ourselves, as opposed to having them delivered to our room, or at the desk at the lounge. Food and drinks were NOT plentiful this time and service was horrible! Everytime we needed to talk to a CM, they were involved in personal conversations with other CMs! There were no cookies and milk in the lounge after we spent our day in the park & left early enough to get to the lounge in time to enjoy them. Very disappointing. Our DVD player didn't have a remote, so we had to call for one. Said they'd be "right up", but after waiting 45 mins, we had to call again! Finally after another 15-20 mins, we had a remote. There were other disappointments as well, but this is long enough already.

After our last experience, we decided we would not spend the extra money to do concierge at the GC again. They have gotten rid of too many services and the personal treatment is not as good as it used to be. Can't tell you what it's like at DLH or PPH, as these were our only concierge experiences so far.

80S ERA
07-16-2002, 07:43 AM
KarenW2,

Sorry to hear about your second experience! How horrible! My experience with concierge at the DLH was similar to your first experience.

Did you complain to the staff after your stay? I would have. I mean, what's the use of forking over and extra $140?