PDA

View Full Version : Novice Needing Help

teresakelli
07-15-2002, 05:39 PM
I have many questions.
What is the best way to go when a family of four are coming and have 2-3 days to see as much as they can?
What kinds of discounts are available for people from out of state in August? (2 adults and an 11-yr-old and 9-yr-old.)
Do they have 2 or three day passes? How much are they? What are the"fast passes"? I am assuming that means that you may not have to wait in such long lines. How much more are those?
Also, what are Disneyland's hours in the summer?
Are there days of the week that are less crowded than others?
Thanks a ton! We're new to this.

MammaSilva
07-15-2002, 05:47 PM
Hi, there is a lot of great information thru the links on the Main Page of MousePlanet, as for ticket prices, the cheapest tickets available for August are thru the Disney website....here..

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Tickets/TicketPrices/index?id=6071&Grouping=TG

but you have to give them the 5 buisness days for them to get to you even with 'express' shipping.... if you only have 3 days, going tues/wed/thurs would be your best days for the 'smallest' crowds although it is going to be crowded no matter what...

tabacco
07-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by teresakelli
I have many questions.
What is the best way to go when a family of four are coming and have 2-3 days to see as much as they can?

Your best bet is to go with a 3-day park hopper ticket. It'll let you go back and forth between the parks each day.

What kinds of discounts are available for people from out of state in August? (2 adults and an 11-yr-old and 9-yr-old.)[/B]

Well, right now adults can get a 3-day park hopper for $90 (the childn's price) from disneyland.com. There's also a kids free promotion right now where a child (ages 3-9) can go free with each paying adult. You'll have to book that through a travel agent. I know Get Away Today (http://www.getawaytoday.com/disneyland.htm) has the deal, as well as a bunch of others. You guys would have 3 adults and 1 child.

Do they have 2 or three day passes? How much are they?[/B]

See above :)

The three day tickets are available for $114 for adults and $90 for children at the gate. There's no 2-day ticket unless you're a resident.

What are the"fast passes"? I am assuming that means that you may not have to wait in such long lines. How much more are those?[/B]

Fastpass is pretty simple. It's free and every ticket includes it. Let's say you arrive at Space Mountain only to find a 2 hour wait. You can scan your park ticket in the fastpass machines near the entrance and you'll receive a card with a pair of return times on it. For example, you might get told to return between 6:30 and 7:30pm. Assuming you do so, you'll enter a special queue and won't wait much more than 10 minutes, tops. Most of the major attractions at both parks have it available as an option. It won't shorten the time it takes to actually get on the ride, but it lets you do something better than wait in line, like get lunch or ride something else.

Also, what are Disneyland's hours in the summer?[/B]

Well, right now we're operating at 8am to 11pm Sun-Thu and 8am to 12am on Fri-Sat. That may change, or not :)

Are there days of the week that are less crowded than others?
Thanks a ton! We're new to this. [/B]

During the summer, almost every day is going to be crowded. You coudl try weekdays on the hope that more locals will be working, but it usually doesn't make much difference.

RideMax Mark
07-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Just to add to tabacco's post, the last time I checked the free child park hoppers (with the purchase of an adult hopper) were also available at some Disney stores. Call your local store and ask...