PDA

View Full Version : POTC Monday night - Crazy lady just got off the boat!

Stinkerbell27
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
I was on POTC last night around 7:45 or so and we were almost to the end (where you go up the waterfall and the pirates are shooting at each other on the cannons) and suddenly we hear some sort of announcement that said "Please remain seated, we will begin again shortly" and we looked 2 boats ahead and some crazy lady was just standing there out of her boat. I guess she didn't want to go up the waterfall or something because she was just standing there on the right side ledge next to the pirate with the blonde hair on the cannon. She didn't try to move or touch anything, she was just standing there. We were sitting there waiting for the boats to move for about 15 or 20 minuites. Finally to the right up on a archway, we see a cast member climbing around and then another "regular clothed" cast member came from behind us with a flashlight past the jail scene and they talked to her for a few minutes and then they all climed back into the boat that she had climbed out of and the voice said "we will commence immediately" and everyone cheered and then off we went. When we reached the docs, security was there questioning the crazy lady. So, what do you think happened?? Why would anyone just decide to exit a boat while in motion? I should have stuck around to hear what security was saying, but we had already lost almost 30 min. of our night, and we were kinda in a rush. Anyone else see or hear about this?? Any CM's here work on POTC???

PanFan
09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
What a wacky story! Cool that you were at least there at the scene and knew why the ride stopped for so long. Imagine your frustration if you had been back at the auction or something and had no idea what was going on!

zombie pirate
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
It wouldnt bother me to be stuck in the POTC for a little. We where stopped in Its a Small World once for 10 minutes for something simular, God just hearing that Its a Small World song over, and over, and over, and over.:(

MoKat72
09-05-2007, 06:39 AM
A friend of mine was stuck on IASW for 45 minutes. She considered swimming to safety. When the ride finally ended, she was offered a front-of-the-line pass to get back on the ride. Naturally, she declined. :)

Nancy
09-05-2007, 08:51 AM
We were stuck on POTC in front of the map and parrot at the end for about 45min. Not fun!! ( They did give us a FP to any FP ride though.)

When we were kids my neighbor Bruce was stuck where the drunk is in the mud with the pigs. Every time I ride by this area I think of Bruce.

CariBelle
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
We were stuck under the bridge with the pirate sitting on top of it, it was not pleasant to look up and see that hairy leg for 30 minutes! lol

mulansgirl
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Dont tell them Carlos, dont be cheeken.

that is where we got stoped. I was kinda hoping they would let us walk out since I had never done that before and we had no clue as to why the ride stoped. But since it was just hubby and I in the row he layed his head on my lap and rested for a sec. Thanks for the explanation, Would have loved to have seen that, I would never get out of the boat unless told to. Wonder what the motivation was behind getting out of the boat. Was she scared of going back up the water maybe?

annieb727
09-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe she thought there was going to be a big drop - and got scared...then once she was reassured by the CMs she got back in??

mypupmickey
09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe she ran the 1/2 marathon earlier in the day and was delirious from the heat!!! :p

atrder9901
09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Maybe she thought there was going to be a big drop - and got scared...then once she was reassured by the CMs she got back in??

That is what I was thinking! When my son went on it the first time, he thought it was going to drop like Splash (which he did not like) and had a small freakout. Once we made it to the top of the lift, he looked at me and said "that's it?!?!"

minniemom
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Do you think they kick people out of the park once they do wacky things like that? I would think so, along with an invitation not to come back unless she had a real good reason.

Klutch
09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I think intent would determine the reaction by Disney. If the woman who exited her boat on PoTC was simply scared or confused, I think Disney would understand. If her intent was malicious, which it doesn't seem to be, she would likely have been banned or something similar.

Considering the number of people who visit Disney parks every day, I'm surprised things like this don't happen more often.

Leofoenget
09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
OK this is crazy. ON another board, someone just posted that some woman went nuts on the JC and the skipper had to fire 4 shots to warn the dock and they had to take her off the boat. I wonder if its the same person?? The poster said they thought she might have been autistic.

Andrew
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I think it's the water.

Katran
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I think it's the water.

Well they're not supposed to drink it, lol. ;)

Vegitabeta
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Well they're not supposed to drink it, lol. ;)
Ew, yes, that water is so yucky!

snappy
09-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Do you think they kick people out of the park once they do wacky things like that? I would think so, along with an invitation not to come back unless she had a real good reason.

Once this man got out of the log on Splash and fell straight into the water right after you see your picture on the big drop. It was on the left hand side next to where I believe they store the logs at night. At night the water looked like a solid surface but I have no idea why he got out. He just stood up and flopped faced down into the water. Funniest thing ever. CM was in shock when we pulled into the station minus the guy in front. She said, "Where did that guy go?" "He decided to go for a swim." Funny thing is we ran into the same guy at closing and he was totally DRY and enjoying the park.

Bytebear
09-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Funny thing is we ran into the same guy at closing and he was totally DRY and enjoying the park.

Disney does have clothing available in case you have a catastropic clothing accident in the park. I guess this qualified.