PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry and the Monorail

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Does the monorail run for early entry for hotel guests? We were trying to figure out the timing for our excursion in September, wanted to use EE to hit Nemo, if it's open, and needed to find out if we have to hoof it to the entrance or can take the "easy way" in.

Malcon10t
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Does the monorail run for early entry for hotel guests? We were trying to figure out the timing for our excursion in September, wanted to use EE to hit Nemo, if it's open, and needed to find out if we have to hoof it to the entrance or can take the "easy way" in.Yes, the monorail USUALLY runs for EE. Have your room charge slip ready for entry.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, the monorail USUALLY runs for EE. Have your room charge slip ready for entry.

So good to know, that really simplifies the plan!!

Second Star
09-04-2007, 03:32 PM
So good to know, that really simplifies the plan!!

Using the Monorail to enter the park first thing in the morning is a good thing any day. If you take the monorail in when the park first opens, it put you back in Tomorrowland, and in my experience can give you about 30 to 45 minutes before masses make it thru the gates and back that part of the park.

Disneytam
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
We have used the monorail for EE and non EE mornings and it is usually great, one time we were even the first in line for Space Mountain!

One warning though, if you only have one EE morning you might want to go to the main gates. We have had two times when we've been waiting at the monorail and they delayed using it for one reason or another. By the time they let us know it would be a while before it was in use, and we had to go to the main gate, we had missed more than half of EE. I'm not sure if this happens very often but we were really disappointed.

PinokeFan
09-05-2007, 10:35 AM
If Nemo is your goal, I wouldn't recommend using the Monorail.

I did EE yesterday. As it was scheduled for 9:00AM, I got to the main gate a half hour early and was twelfth in line at my turnstile. Once we were let in, I power-walked to Nemo (even taking a minute to snap a picture at the Partners Statue in the Hub along the way) and still made it on the first sub of the day. :D

The first Monorail, however, did not arrive until about 9:15 -- by which time the Nemo line was already an hour long. You could see the disappointment in people's faces as they disembarked.

Darkbeer
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I was at the park yesterday afternoon and the line for Nemo was just around 45 minutes, heck, they weren't even using the entire "permanent" queue (the metal chained area near Tomorrowland Terrace). As I have said before, unless you "power walk" and get in line 30 minutes prior to EE, don't use it for Nemo, go use it for Fantasyland instead, and then head to Nemo in the afternoon.

Also, some days not all subs are ready to go for Early Entry, making a long line even longer as the subs get there final checks and OK from maintenance to run.

mkraemer
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
If Nemo is your goal, I wouldn't recommend using the Monorail.

I did EE yesterday. As it was scheduled for 9:00AM, I got to the main gate a half hour early and was twelfth in line at my turnstile. Once we were let in, I power-walked to Nemo (even taking a minute to snap a picture at the Partners Statue in the Hub along the way) and still made it on the first sub of the day. :D

The first Monorail, however, did not arrive until about 9:15 -- by which time the Nemo line was already an hour long. You could see the disappointment in people's faces as they disembarked.

I would second this opinion and recommend going to the front gates--getting there early! But, we went to EE mornings during summer. The crowd/line thing could be vastly different now. However, we did see that the monorail just getting to Tomorrowland by the time we were already in line for Nemo, coming in through the front gates.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for all the great advice, I'm going to suggest we just stroll to the front gate and try to get in at some point during EE and hit FL, if we can get Dumbo and Peter Pan out of the way early the rest of the day will be smooth sailing, of course we are there the first weekend of Halloweentime it might be the only chance to get on PP.

miss bianca
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
So Darkbeer - your strategy would be:
Use EE for Fantasyland Rides
Non EE days would you use the monorail or the front gate to get to Nemo?

Also, I haven't been back to DL since nemo was complete and have avoided all Nemo spoilers so I haven't really seen what the queue looks like. My plan is if the wait is more than 45 mins, to send my husband and 3 year old off to ride Buzz w/ a FP and then meet back up with me for the last 20/30 mins or so. Is it possible with the way Nemo is set up to do that or will they not be able to fine me? In my head I'm picturing an outside queue like the Matterhorn.

Thoughts?

p.s. we will be there 10/16-10/19 so I'm expecting Halloween crowds.

yellowrosedtxn
09-12-2007, 04:19 AM
I have to say that I don't like using the monorail for Early Entry at all. I don't even like to use it when the gates first open. I haven't ever had a good experience trying to use the monorail first thing in the morning. For me, I will be at the gates early and power walk to where I want to get too.

miss bianca
09-14-2007, 05:00 AM
So Darkbeer - your strategy would be:
Use EE for Fantasyland Rides
Non EE days would you use the monorail or the front gate to get to Nemo?

Also, I haven't been back to DL since nemo was complete and have avoided all Nemo spoilers so I haven't really seen what the queue looks like. My plan is if the wait is more than 45 mins, to send my husband and 3 year old off to ride Buzz w/ a FP and then meet back up with me for the last 20/30 mins or so. Is it possible with the way Nemo is set up to do that or will they not be able to fine me? In my head I'm picturing an outside queue like the Matterhorn.

Thoughts?

p.s. we will be there 10/16-10/19 so I'm expecting Halloween crowds.

Darkbeer?

Leofoenget
09-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Does the monorail run for early entry for hotel guests? We were trying to figure out the timing for our excursion in September, wanted to use EE to hit Nemo, if it's open, and needed to find out if we have to hoof it to the entrance or can take the "easy way" in.

Just heard on another board that Monorail will be closed some next week so check the calendar. It's a big P-A-I-N because I had planned to use it a few times.

may have to change your plan of attack

WITron
09-20-2007, 08:40 AM
If anything, the time it takes to get to the station and down the escalator is a wash with waiting and walking.

A few years ago, I took my DD and my parents were there also. There was a limited pin being released that I wanted. My DD and I rode the 1st monorail in, and my parents walked and went through the gates. When we got to the Little Green Men store, my parents were 2 ppl ahead of us in line. So, it takes the same amount of time and neither has a real advantage.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-24-2007, 06:38 AM
So we took everyone's advice and hoofed it to the front entrance (we also didnt get moving out of the hotel until about 7:20) made it to the front gates in good time, towing the four little ones behind. Walked right in, rented a stroller and half of the group headed to Nemo to check out the line, it was about 30 minutes so we went for it. Got on Nemo by 8:10 and then made our way through Tomorrowland!!!

miss bianca
09-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the update! What time did the park open 7 am?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-24-2007, 08:49 AM
7 am EE, 8am opening. We were well toward the front of the line when the crowd descended!!