PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Garden Inn

malin
07-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Hi guys
Planning a trip to Disneyland this November.And wanted to know what the Hilton Garden Inn was like.If anyone has got any information on this hotel I would love to know about it.
Cheers

disneyscott
07-15-2002, 03:26 PM
i work for the hilton corp and i would like to sugest you use the hamptopn inn or the embassy suites. They are both in the same parking lot as the hilton garden inn but have more bang for your buck Both have 800 numbers 1-800-hampton and 1-800-embassy and have free shuttle service to disneyland if you have anyother question ill watch this thread for the next few days

malin
07-17-2002, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the advice disneyscott but the thing is I have already booked for The Hilton Garden Inn but just wanted to know if it was any good.Has anyone stayed at this hotel or could offer me any advice thanks.

leota's necklace
07-17-2002, 11:14 PM
I think you'll find it quite pleasant. I've stayed at the Doubletree and the West Coast Anaheim and found that the rooms at the Garden Inn are comperable, in a smaller-sized property.

The room was spacious (for two six-foot tall adults), with a writing desk, sofa and coffee table, television in an armoire, and a fridge, probably a coffeemaker, and cabinets for our snacks (a nice touch that helped control clutter). The bathroom was also a comfortable size and I believe it featured a built-in hairdryer. The hallway carpet was thick and soft so noise from foot traffic was reduced. A minimarket behind the check-in desk provided snack items and toiletries.

We didn't visit the restaurant or pool area, so I can't give you an opinion there.

The Garden Inn seems to be tailored to the business traveller, so we found it pretty quiet and relaxed. We were looking for someplace comfy to crash after a day in the Park and the Inn suited our needs quite well.

I've also stayed at other Hilton Garden Inns and they are all pretty much the same, so if you have one in your area, go take a look: that's what you'll find in CA, most likely.

In sum, it's not a resort destination (not a lot of landscaped grounds or nightlife, and the staff was less attentive than those we encountered at larger hotels), but it's still comfortable and polished. I think you'll enjoy it.

Maximus
07-18-2002, 06:46 AM
I will have to agree with Leota's necklace, it seems to be more of a travelers hotel than anything. We stayed there at the end of May for 4 days with 4 people in the room. It was fine if you just want to have a place to crash, other than that I wished we had stayed somewhere else with more amneties. Well whatever you do you will have a nice time.

Lani
07-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Awesome awesome! I love reading reviews. Good info. :)

[and nudge nudge -- if you haven't already submitted this, make sure to add it in our MousePlanet Reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews) page!]

leota's necklace
07-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Hey, thanks. I keep meaning to submit reviews but I never take notes when we're there and I hate to write anything "official" without the stats to back me up :) But we'll be going back in October and I'll make it a point to submit some info when we return!