PDA

View Full Version : Some more Miscellaneous questions [Own food, parking, kid sized toilets]

Ethansdad
09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Less than 1 week to go, and I'm still thinking of some questions I'm hoping folks on here can help with.

1. Can you bring your own food into the parks? I'm not talking huge meals here - but lets say we wanted to bring sandwiches and snacks.

2. When we pay for parking (I'm staying off property) is that good for any parking lot during that day? In other words, if I start my day at a water park, and pay for parking there - can I use that parking "ticket" to park at a theme park later in the same day?

3. Totally random question, but I'm in the process of toilet training my 3 year old. Are there "kid size" toilets in the bathrooms?

I'll continue to post here if I think of any other questions. Thanks for any response.

GusMan
09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
1. Can you bring your own food into the parks? I'm not talking huge meals here - but lets say we wanted to bring sandwiches and snacks.
---- Snacks for sure. A few sandwiches should not be a problem, but others with more experience may chime in.

2. When we pay for parking (I'm staying off property) is that good for any parking lot during that day?
---- I know that when you park at one of the four major parks, you can "parking lot hop" on the same parking fee between the other major parks. I believe the same would be the case for the water parks as well. (I did not drive to the water parks during my last trip, so someone may have to confirm.)

3. Totally random question, but I'm in the process of toilet training my 3 year old. Are there "kid size" toilets in the bathrooms?
---- I think they have them at the baby care centers, but not in the park bathrooms themselves. We just went through this with out 3 year old and he did pretty well on the regular toilets.

KJSJpipe
09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Also I don't know if you saw the new parking prices released over the weekend, it's now $11/day for cars/motorcycles.
Also I looked up the parking info for the water parks and it's free (says the 2005 guide book).

Drince88
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
The regular restrooms don't have kid-sized toilets. They MIGHT at the baby care centers, but I've never been in them (they do at DL, which is why I think they might).

But bring a post-it note to the restroom with you. Yes, I'm serious.

Place it over the electronic eye that does the auto flush until the young one is back away from the toilet. They tend to scare the heck out of little ones. I forgot this when I went with my 3 year old nephew, and the first time I took him to the restroom his mom said to make sure and cover the eye, becuase it scared him, and I remembered that I forgot post its :rolleyes: So I partially peeled off a Mickey sticker he got when we checked in, and used that. Just make sure to take it off when you leave the stall so that the toilet actually flushes, though!

jengold29
09-05-2007, 04:01 AM
The baby-care centers have kid sized toilets, but you won't always be able to get to them when you need them. Buy a folding potty seat (most baby stores have them) and you'll be fine.

Ditto for the post-it idea over the automatic flushers, they can freak a kid out.

You can bring a small soft cooler bag with you for food no problem.

SuefromRI
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Parking is free at the water parks. At the 4 main parks the pass is good all day at all of the parks in case you hop or leave and return.

ITSpook
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I'll tackle the food question...

You're only limitted by four critieria if you want to bring in food into the parks.

(1) No alcohol.
(2) No glass containers (except baby bottles)
(3) No coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations) [Right from the Disney].
(4) At the Animal Kingdom, you're not allowed straws or drink links (animal safety).

We typically plan on eatting dinner in the parks, but pack a light lunch and snacks. Out typicall menu for five (two adults, three kids) goes like this:

2 Turkey Pita Wraps (adults)
3 Jam Sandwiches (kids, respecting others nut allergies)
Some Granola Bars (nut free again)
Lots of Character Gummy Snacks (like Gushers, so forth)
Some Tootsie Pops
3 Apples (great for adults and kids alike)
3 Bannas (who doesn't like the big yellow)
5 small bottles of water, 1/2 frozen (it'll keep cool all day)

Packed this all in a dollar store cheap thermal bag and you're pretty much set. We left the bag with the stroller all day and it was never touched. Plus, you could stick the snacks into pockets and pull them out for the kids in long lines.

We did purachse water and popcorn late in the day to "refuel" our stock. To be honest, I only paid $2 for a large bottle of water at WDWand I thought that was very reasonable (especially for the convience of not having to carry multiple bottles). The bucket from the popcorn also made a great souvineer or sand toy for use at the resort.