PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional - What, When & How [merged threads]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Wendy Bird
09-04-2007, 08:25 AM
What is it? How will this effect crowd levels and when the parks are opened. Thank you

dawnid
09-06-2007, 03:13 PM
It is usually the first weekend in December so this year it should be 1st & 2nd. It is a little more crowded than say mid-week winter to winter weekend but not anywhere near holiday or summer crowds. Main St. becomes crowded fairly early with people who didn't want or couldn't get dinner package tickets. The carolers travel the same route as the parade so you have those issues also.

If you don't want to see the show its a great time to get on rides.

Bytebear
09-06-2007, 03:44 PM
But don't try exiting the park or even be anywhere near Main Street while it is going it. It is wall to wall people, and because the set up is unique to the event, the CMs have a hard time directing people where to go. They also make the sidewalks one way, to help the flow, but if you are on the wrong side of the street, it may take you a trip around the park before you get to the exit.

Wendy Bird
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
this is good to know, thank you
looks like if we want to leave we should try to catch the monorail out.
where is the show on main street?

DizneyMommy
09-07-2007, 12:18 PM
The choir is placed on the steps of and the platform of the train station and the seating area for reserved seating (ie Chairs) is staged throughout the roundabout area, in and around it in the street.

At least that's how it has been in the past few years. Subject to change at any moment.

PanFan
09-07-2007, 07:43 PM
We just had our first rehearsal last night! I'm so excited! Since this is my first year as a CM I've never done it before, but WOW, did the group sound good! And yes, it will be on December 1 and 2. Can't wait!

DizneyMommy
09-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Is the setup the same as the past few years, PanFan? Being on Main St on the train station steps and all?

Bytebear
09-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I believe it's going to be in the same place (PanFan, feel free to correct me). There was talk of moving it to the Fantasyland Theater, but with the popularity of the Princess Faire, I don't think that will be an option.

PanFan
09-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Current plans still have it in the same place (processional down Main Street with the main show in Town Square). As is the case with everything to do with Disney (including the dates), "details are subject to change without notice."

indyBeagle
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
How do you get reserved seating for the Candlelight Processional?

ntz4bbl
09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Sometime in November they will release reservations for dinner packages. The reservations will fill up within the hour. You reserve a dinner at a set price from a list of restaurants in the Disney hotels and it includes seats for a performance(but not park admission). Last year the reservation date was the same day as the fall MouseAdventure. To top it off, Disney tried an on-line reservation system that crashed.

indyBeagle
09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Thank you for the information. Is the date that they start taking reservations posted somewhere so that you know when/where to call?

DizneyMommy
09-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Nope, none of the details (price, cost, etc) have been announced yet for this year. I think last year they announced it in October, and that's when they released the registration date.

indyBeagle
09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Where is the announcement posted? Is it on the Disney website?

SeansMom
09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
If you're not interested in seeing the CP, DCA was practically empty last year during that time. TOT, Screamin', and all the minor rides were either walk ons or maybe a ten minute wait. It was also a great time to do some shopping in DCA.

st1952
09-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I am thinking of going on Nov 30 to Dec 2nd and spending the 30th in Disneyland, the 1st in DCA and leaving around 3 on Sunday (probably spending the morning at Disneyland. How bad would the crowds be (wanted to go the following weekend, but college travel plans intervened - oldest son coming home then)

Wendy Bird
09-25-2007, 12:49 PM
So far it just sounds like main street will be hard to get through in the evening December 1st and 2nd. I would like to know too since i will be there the same time :)

DizneyMommy
09-25-2007, 04:56 PM
The crowds are not terrible those days, nothing like Xmas or Summer anyways. Most of the extra crowd is there for CP and camped out for a seat most of the day. Don't plan on trying to enter or leave DL during the performances, it gets very difficult to move, they rope off a very narrow walkway on each side of Main St up against the buildings, right side is exit only, left side is entrance only.

Daveylegs
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Okay,
We are planning on going to DLR for December 1st and 2nd. I didn't know when I booked it that the CP is happening at that time. I'm concerned about the crowds. Is it worth it to come out anyway? Is the CP special enough to make up for the crazy crowds? Or will I be going nuts? My 3 kids: 3/6/9 don't mind lines but I know they don't want to spend all day in them either.

I was going to come in on Friday and leave Monday. If I do come, I'm thinking Thursday-Sunday instead.

Thoughts?

DisneyFamilyOf6
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi I will be there on Nov 29, 30 and Dec 1. I saw that CP but I have no idea what it is. Does anyone know? We have never been there during christmas time. Thanks......................

Malcon10t
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
The CP is not going to generate crowds in the park. Most of the people will be sitting/staking out a spot in Town Square. While there will be a lot of people, not as many will be in lines. The problem will come if you want to exit the park during the CP.

I am hoping to go to the Processional this year, will all depend on the packages. I hope the announce the narrators early this year.

Daveylegs
10-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Good to know! So if we left via the monorail in Tomorrowland, we could avoid those crowds?

Bytebear
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Good to know! So if we left via the monorail in Tomorrowland, we could avoid those crowds?

Yes, just avoid Main Street like the plague. If you like Christmas Choirs, though (and your kids can handle the large crowds and long waits) it is a unique experience.

cabozone
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
There are positive and negatives to the weekend, trying to enter and exit the park when the performance in going will be difficult, Some of the lines for the rides will be short as many will be attending the show. however some rides will be closed during the show times as Cast Members perform in the show.

pisces
10-08-2007, 08:26 PM
They don't usually announce the narrator until very late. The package registration opens before the narrator is announced, usually---which is strange.

I tried to book online, last year...when they had all those computer glitches.

I'm not even going to try, this year.