PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Presents- Disneyland, the Park

Dave Z
07-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Just got DirectTV with Tivo so I was 'booping' thru the Guide on Friday and I saw 'DL, the Park w/ Pacos Bill' and I thought maybe a few minutes about the park, but you just 'boop' on record so I did.

So, Sat AM Julie and I take a look and were treated to a Walt Disney guided tour through the approximately 2 year old DL. Talk about a trip to yesterland! About 30 minutes, including an arial view showing lots of backstage.

Pre Monorail, Matterhorn, NOS, small world, etc. Got to 'ride on the Mine Train, Autopia with no center rail, Jungle Cruise with young landscaping, TSI, Indian Village, it was great!

I hope some of you got to see this. I think it is better than the new DL DVD if your want to concentrate on the original park.

DZ

awinner
07-15-2002, 02:45 PM
I saw it last week, it was on at 2am. it was so neat. it seemed like people actually used to dress up to go there. bring back the pack mules and ladies in easter bonnets!!! i wish i had recorded it!

JeffG
07-15-2002, 03:00 PM
You might want to consider using the Tivo's "wishlist" feature to have it automatically record programs with descriptions containing the keyword "Disneyland". Using a wishlist such as that, our Tivo tends to pick up late night broadcasts like that from the Disney Channel fairly often.

-Jeff

Dave Z
07-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by JeffG
You might want to consider using the Tivo's "wishlist" feature to have it automatically record programs with descriptions containing the keyword "Disneyland".-Jeff

Thank you JeffG for the reminder. The subliminal part of my brain thought of that and the mental note I made at the time disappeared already.

It's an age thing I think because I visited the park pre Matterhorn.