PDA

View Full Version : Indy refurb rumor - help!

quietgrrl
09-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi! Just read in the Update that Indy may be going down for a refurb in the "near future". Anyone have the inside scoop? We are going next week (10th - 14th), and will be so disappointed if it is down! (We actually just re-watched Raiders of the Lost Ark in preparation for the ride!)
Thanks in advance!

neverlander
09-04-2007, 06:53 AM
It was closed Tuesday through Thursday of last week. I don't know what was going on, but the closure did show up on Disney's website calendar. Since it's not listed for your dates, I'll bet you'll be fine.
Have a great trip!

IdahoMike
09-04-2007, 08:09 AM
All the rumors I have heard (keep in mind, just rumors) are that it will go down in the spring prior to the release of the 4th movie, which would make sense. However, it would also make sense to shut it down earlier, as it breaks down on a daily basis at this point. It is definitely in need of some TLC either way.

Disneymademoiselle
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
However, it would also make sense to shut it down earlier, as it breaks down on a daily basis at this point. It is definitely in need of some TLC either way.

Amen to that!

quietgrrl
09-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree - just not next week please! By the way, does the spike room effect in the queue still work? I've been on Indy many times beginning when it first opened, and have NEVER had it work!

alanjoyce
09-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree - just not next week please! By the way, does the spike room effect in the queue still work? I've been on Indy many times beginning when it first opened, and have NEVER had it work!

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was working as expected. Just make sure you shake the pole extra hard. Also, try to push it straight forward and pull it straight back (don't let it swing around in circles). Have fun on your trip!

Leap for Joy
09-05-2007, 02:28 AM

I was there over the weekend and the pole had been removed. Also missing was the rope that you're "not" supposed to pull. I was very disappointed.

denise
09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
All the rumors I have heard (keep in mind, just rumors) are that it will go down in the spring prior to the release of the 4th movie, which would make sense. However, it would also make sense to shut it down earlier, as it breaks down on a daily basis at this point. It is definitely in need of some TLC either way.

As in maybe January?:confused: I know it's only rumor, but we've been trying to decide between going in December or late January, and if Indy was down in January then it would be a no-brainer for us. It's one of our favs and our youngest has been waiting a year and half to be tall enough for it! (yes, sigh, we have two height marks on our wall, one for Indy and one for Screamin'. Who need yearly marks to remember and cherish our children's growth, right?:D)

barely
09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I know those marks. I have two on my wall, also! :D