PDA

View Full Version : When do the APs go up in price?

Pages : [1] 2

jackaroosmom
09-03-2007, 03:37 PM
My So Cal APs will expire in Oct. and my son turns 3 in Sept. and will need his own pass:crying:

I am wondering if I should wait until they expire or get them online. I don't want to wait and then the prices go up!

It's my understanding that I don't get a discount for renewing online. I thought I read a thread about getting a 10.00 gift card. Is that true?

Infinitely
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I as just able to renew on September 1. We recieved a $20 for renewing online (this is for renewing, not new passes). You cannot renew any earlier than 30 days before they expire, and it is 30 days not one month, I tried to renew on August 30, and well, I was told "no".

We are also getting some sort of coupon...10% off I think, for purchases at the resort.

I see yours are SO.Cal passes, and I believe you are right, there is no discount...sorry.

Darkbeer
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Nobody knows for sure, but last year, they went up in September.

My guess, anytime from Tomorrow until September 21st, with a good chance of Monday the 10th. Once again, nothing official, but with the park planning a big ad campaign for HalloweenTime and the need for a SoCal ticket offer to go with it makes the timing right. Of course Disney could decide to not raise AP prices, but after announcing the 2008 multi day ParkHopper prices, doubt that they will do that.

miss bianca
09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
We renewed our SoCal AP's and received a $10 gift card for each one.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Am I correct in assuming that if I purchase my AP from my local Disney Store this week, and the prices subequently go up (before I actually "activate" my AP), I will not have to pay the price increase? I've been dragging my feet about getting my AP since I don't need it until late November, but I'll hurry over if the prices are going up soon. Also, can you buy your AP that far in advance?

Darkbeer
09-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Am I correct in assuming that if I purchase my AP from my local Disney Store this week, and the prices subsequently go up (before I actually "activate" my AP), I will not have to pay the price increase? I've been dragging my feet about getting my AP since I don't need it until late November, but I'll hurry over if the prices are going up soon. Also, can you buy your AP that far in advance?

Basically yes, there is an expiration date on the AP voucher and/or Gift Card. So as long as you show up at the park, turn in your voucher and exchange it for the actual AP, you are not required to pay anything else, and the expiration date would one year from the date of expiration. For example, you buy the voucher today, but don't arrive at the park until November. The expiration date would be November of 2008.

As I understand it, all the current AP Gift cards, and the current "e-ticket" Print at Home vouchers are dated with an early January, 2008 expiration date. Not sure if you bought one at the Main Entrance Ticket Booths, but I presume it also wouldn't last longer than January of 2008.

If for some reason you cannot turn in the voucher prior to the expiration date, then Disney will ask for the difference in price, giving you a credit of what you paid and then apply it to the current AP prices.

Another Dimension
09-03-2007, 09:26 PM
When do the APs go up in price?Shhhh....
;)

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
09-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Basically yes, there is an expiration date on the AP voucher and/or Gift Card. So as long as you show up at the park, turn in your voucher and exchange it for the actual AP, you are not required to pay anything else, and the expiration date would one year from the date of expiration. For example, you buy the voucher today, but don't arrive at the park until November. The expiration date would be November of 2008.

As I understand it, all the current AP Gift cards, and the current "e-ticket" Print at Home vouchers are dated with an early January, 2008 expiration date. Not sure if you bought one at the Main Entrance Ticket Booths, but I presume it also wouldn't last longer than January of 2008.

If for some reason you cannot turn in the voucher prior to the expiration date, then Disney will ask for the difference in price, giving you a credit of what you paid and then apply it to the current AP prices.

Thanks, Darkbeer. It's great to have expert advice on hand!

Gone2Disneyland
09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Shhhh....
;)

Yeah, I agree! :p

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I have a question too. My AP does not expire until November. I am currently the only one in our family with an AP, and I tend to make more quick trips alone, so we decided to keep mine. We don't have any planned trips until next spring. I "should" let me pass lapse, as the next trip will probably not be until May, but there is a possibility I could go once, to shop in December or in late Jan. early Feb., before baby arrives in March. So I doubt I will let mine lapse. BUT, if I renew in November, but don't go to the park again until May, my pass will be ok, right? I can't remember last year, if I had to go get a new picture or if the new pass just came with my old picture. I was at the park a month after I renewed last year.
TIA!

Gone2Disneyland
09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
BUT, if I renew in November, but don't go to the park again until May, my pass will be ok, right? I can't remember last year, if I had to go get a new picture or if the new pass just came with my old picture. I was at the park a month after I renewed last year.
TIA!

If you choose to renew online or by mail, they'll mail you a new AP card within a few weeks. They have your photo on file, and they'll just reprint it on the back of the new card.

When you receive your new card, your new AP will be effective from that moment through to your new expiration date, which is the same month and day as your current AP but for 2008.

Long explanation short, if you renew in November, your new pass will be ok on your May trip. :)

Nancy
09-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I forgot how soon you can renew your AP. Was it a max of one month prior to experation?

Gone2Disneyland
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I forgot how soon you can renew your AP. Was it a max of one month prior to experation?

I think I tried to renew early once through the AP site, then got a error message telling me I couldn't renew until 30 days (or one month) before my expiration date. I'm sure I've always gotten my renewal stuff in the mail within two months of my expiration date.

Darkbeer
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
You can only renew 30 days prior to the expiration date.

As to the math, I have done it every time the price has gone up.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60859

So reading the thread about a month, depending on the type of AP.

denise
09-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Shhhh....
;)

Out of curiousity, why?

Another Dimension
09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Out of curiousity, why?

Don't give Disney any ideas... ;)

$349 is just fine for a 2 park annual pass ... any more wouldn't be cool.

Madabbagator
09-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Will the Annual Passholder for NON SO Cal go up.. I am referring to the $239 one... sorry if this has already been said.. :confused:

jackaroosmom
09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, I got my renewal notice in the mail today and they are offering a $10.00 disney gift card for So Cal Select and So Cal.

They are offering a $20.00 savings for Deluxe and Premium.

If you renew online you get "extra perks". You can choose your card and receive a coupon for 20% of your next purchase at selected Disney merchandise locations. Restrictions apply.

To get this you have to do it before Sept. 30th, 2007.

As I mentioned, I have the So Cal. My passport doesn't expire until the middle of October so I am having a hard time decided if this benefits me to pay up early for what they are offering.

denise
09-05-2007, 03:21 PM

$349 is just fine for a 2 park annual pass ... any more wouldn't be cool.

OH! Well, Duh on me! Oops!:rolleyes:

Wendi
09-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Mine expires on Halloween - every year I get my renewal notice at the beginning of September (I just got mine in the mail two days ago) and it is always for the current year's price - the price increase always happens soon after I get my notice and I always renew at the lower price... I feel like I get such a good deal!!! hehehe

Malcon10t
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM

$349 is just fine for a 2 park annual pass ... any more wouldn't be cool.Psssssstttt.... Its already $359....

Gone2Disneyland
09-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Psssssstttt.... Its already $359....

Shhh! LOL :p

Btw last year was the first time I applied my Disney Visa Disney Dollars to my AP renewal. After reading here on MP how folks did the same and then charging most of my daily expenses to my card for the year, it dinked my AP renewal by half. Bet'r 'n payin' full price! :D

annieb727
09-06-2007, 08:44 AM
How much did it go up last year? Anyone have any guesses how much it will go up this year?

We will probably have to pay the higher - we're getting the Deluxe - but we bought five day hoppers to get the EE (if only I had waited for the Getawaytoday deal :crying:). But we're going to upgrade them after I think our second day - so we can use EE and then take advantage of 10% off of food.

ETA: I did the searching - last year they went up $10 on the Deluxe and Premium. The So Cal ones went up by $5.

hayjennn
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
We have a trip planned for mid october. My son and I have deluxe passes. I am considering getting the same for my husband and daughter. Do you think it would be wise to purchase them now before any possible increase? 2nd question if I did get the AP's and the price does in fact go up, will they have me pay difference when we go to the office to get the actual passes? Gosh one more question. Pretend I purchase a pass online, say on 9/10, but we don't go to the park until 10/18, when does the pass expire? 9/10 or 10/18/08

Thanks for all of the help from everybody online. I don't think my dh understands my disney love. But all of people on this site do. Thanks again for the great education.

Malcon10t
09-09-2007, 06:16 AM
We have a trip planned for mid october. My son and I have deluxe passes. I am considering getting the same for my husband and daughter. Do you think it would be wise to purchase them now before any possible increase? Yes. Most likely day for the increase is tomorrow according to Darkbeer. I am hoping not though.
2nd question if I did get the AP's and the price does in fact go up, will they have me pay difference when we go to the office to get the actual passes? The passes generated online are currently coming with a Jan. 08 expiration date.
Gosh one more question. Pretend I purchase a pass online, say on 9/10, but we don't go to the park until 10/18, when does the pass expire? 9/10 or 10/18/0810/18/08