PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday [start date]

Leofoenget
09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
OK in a very few weeks, the HM Holiday will open for the 2007 Holiday season. Ok is it just me or is it TOO EARLY FOR THE HOLIDAYS??

Christmas??? I AM SOO NOT READY TO START THINKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS!! Where did the year go??? Back to school, Halloween then CHRISTMAS?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Anyone else not ready for the Holiday season?????

DizneyMommy
09-03-2007, 11:26 AM
It's never too early for Christmas - especially at Disneyland! In my house Christmas starts in September, I skip all the other holidays (ok, I pretend to celebrate Halloween for my daughter, but my heart is already on to Christmas!). I already have Christmas carols playing in my car stereo, on my iPod and on my cell phone.

Yeah, I know... I'm weird.

D15
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty used to Christmas stuff getting earlier and earlier every year, and personally (since I love Christmas and Christmastime) that's fine by me. What confuses me more is the fact that Halloween around here seems to have started in mid-August this year. And with a 2.5 year old in the family who is terrified of basically everything Halloween-related... that's not a good thing :eek:

minniemom
09-03-2007, 11:53 AM
The Haunted Mansion Holiday is also geared towards Halloween, so I really don't think of it as a Christmas event. I love Haunted Mansion decorated like this and wish it was year round!!!

DizMe
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
I think I'm about the only one, but I can't stand the HM holiday overlay. I SO much prefer the regular HM, but unfortunately we always go in October after the overlay is in place. However, I always think of it as more Halloween-ish than Christmasy. It just looks tawdry and junky to me, whatever it is.

I love all the fall/Halloween decorations that are up around the resort, though! I haven't been at Christmas time but my sister says it's beautiful. I like the holiday decorations and it hasn't seemed to be too early to me when I have looked at the schedule for putting them up. I agree that Sept would be early for Christmas decorations, but like I said, the HM "Nightmare Before Christmas" decor seems to fit Halloween--big jack-o-lanterns all around the front, etc. My dd has tried to interest me in the story but I'm just not a fan; I have managed to get that it covers both holidays in some way. :rolleyes:

Leofoenget
09-03-2007, 02:49 PM
It's never too early for Christmas - especially at Disneyland! In my house Christmas starts in September, I skip all the other holidays (ok, I pretend to celebrate Halloween for my daughter, but my heart is already on to Christmas!). I already have Christmas carols playing in my car stereo, on my iPod and on my cell phone.

Yeah, I know... I'm weird.

I actually really like Christmas music. I dont listen to it in August....but the music is one part of the holiday season I really do enjoy. Well GOOD music not the cheesy stuff. I dont know it's just dominates so much of the year I just get burned out

sjhanksaz
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I think I'm about the only one, but I can't stand the HM holiday overlay. I SO much prefer the regular HM, but unfortunately we always go in October after the overlay is in place. However, I always think of it as more Halloween-ish than Christmasy. It just looks tawdry and junky to me, whatever it is.

I love all the fall/Halloween decorations that are up around the resort, though! I haven't been at Christmas time but my sister says it's beautiful. I like the holiday decorations and it hasn't seemed to be too early to me when I have looked at the schedule for putting them up. I agree that Sept would be early for Christmas decorations, but like I said, the HM "Nightmare Before Christmas" decor seems to fit Halloween--big jack-o-lanterns all around the front, etc. My dd has tried to interest me in the story but I'm just not a fan; I have managed to get that it covers both holidays in some way. :rolleyes:

I am with you. The old school HM is much butter. The music gets a little too much on the Holiday make over.

adriennek
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
OK in a very few weeks, the HM Holiday will open for the 2007 Holiday season. Ok is it just me or is it TOO EARLY FOR THE HOLIDAYS??

The Haunted Mansion Holiday is also geared towards Halloween, so I really don't think of it as a Christmas event.

What minniemom said. It's really a Halloween through Christmas event. As it is, the Holidays at Disneyland are going to start a week later than usual this year (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=77752).

Personally, I have a hard time with Santa being out at DLR BEFORE Thanksgiving.

But HMH starting before Halloween makes sense to me.

Adrienne