PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's Lair Map?

jackaroosmom
09-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Do they have maps for pirate's lair -free or for purchase?

Tinker Bell
09-03-2007, 10:53 AM
free

I got mine when we went thourgh the turnstille.

Darkbeer
09-03-2007, 12:35 PM
If they are not at the turnstile, ask for one.

And then check out the map in sunlight, you should find some "hidden" markings holding it at the right angle....

MauiMickey
09-03-2007, 12:55 PM
And don't forget to get Captain Jack Sparrow to autograph your map! That is our boys' favourite souvenir. :D

jackaroosmom
09-03-2007, 03:07 PM
That is so cool! My son is so into pirates at the moment and his name happens to be Jack so I think he would love Pirates Lair!

It was too hot when we went last week so we didn't go. :cool:

ktrm
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
If they are not at the turnstile, ask for one.

And then check out the map in sunlight, you should find some "hidden" markings holding it at the right angle....

Help. I took my map out in the central valley sunlight(which is intense) and I can't see anything. I tried moving it at different angles. It's driving me nuts.

Darkbeer
09-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Look along the pathways on the island and for marked paths with dashes and "X's", basically using what some would say is invisible ink, though it is in how the map is printed (glossy/unglossy).

amarvel
09-04-2007, 08:03 AM
And don't forget to get Captain Jack Sparrow to autograph your map! That is our boys' favourite souvenir.

huh never thought of that! that is a great idea!

miss bianca
10-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Are maps still available? And I'm confused (as always) where do I get one?

HobbitFeet
10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
We got a map on the 20th, though for the life of me I can't remember where!

Mrs Mouse
10-05-2007, 12:25 PM
We got our maps when we boarded the raft that took us to the island.

If they do not give you one, you can always just ask the cast members that man the raft. I believe that some of the CMs that are actually on the island have them as well.

tigger08
10-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the great Idea's we will make sure that we get one and have jack sign it what a great Idea for scrapbookers as well.

PanFan
10-05-2007, 01:30 PM
When I went last week there was a pirate boarding the raft with us (Honest John) and while we were waiting he was pointing out some highlights on the map to some of the kids. When he finished, I said, "The sign out front says it's an 'uncharted island' and that looks like a chart to me!" I think I threw him off guard a bit, but he stayed in character and replied, "Well, the sign was written before the map was made--I've had a lot of rum today, what do you want from me?"

vfire
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
When I went last week there was a pirate boarding the raft with us (Honest John) and while we were waiting he was pointing out some highlights on the map to some of the kids. When he finished, I said, "The sign out front says it's an 'uncharted island' and that looks like a chart to me!" I think I threw him off guard a bit, but he stayed in character and replied, "Well, the sign was written before the map was made--I've had a lot of rum today, what do you want from me?"

Good question! :)

biolabetty
10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
My kids were at the island yesterday, and Capt. Jack was showing them an invisible X on the map. No one else could see it, so we didn't know if Capt. Jack was just being a little bit off, or if there really was an X there.

Family of Four
10-05-2007, 06:04 PM
FWIW, the Pirate's Lair map can be seen at this link:

http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2007_07_14_Update/PiratesLair/PiratesLair_Update.htm

Scroll down to see a photo of the map. The map is the twelfth or so photo down.

(Click on "1000" or "1200" to see the larger files.)

Leofoenget
10-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Are maps still available? And I'm confused (as always) where do I get one?

We picked up ours on the raft.

kennythepirate
10-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Look along the pathways on the island and for marked paths with dashes and "X's", basically using what some would say is invisible ink, though it is in how the map is printed (glossy/unglossy).

I'm bringing a shovel this time to see what's buried under the X's

HobbitFeet
10-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I ran across the map today, held it up to the window, and even in our puny Autumn Tacoma, WA "sunshine", I could see little "invisible ink" sort of X markings and what looked like footprints along pathways.

"Well, the sign was written before the map was made--I've had a lot of rum today, what do you want from me?"

That is just too funny. Ending it what "what do you want from me" is priceless, I mean, the sentence wouldn't have been anywhere near as funny without that ending. And even though it's not the character, I'm totally hearing it in the voice of the POTC pirate who was on the naval ship when Elizabeth was young, who ends up having water splashed on him as he sleeps in the sty. "What do you want from me?"

Too funny.

RStar
10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
So, what is at the X spots? I count 4 of them.

Thorman
10-09-2007, 01:35 AM
We are heading to Disneyland Oct 16th and I have never heard of Pirate's lair...what is it??

yellowrosedtxn
10-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Pirates Lair is "Tom Sawyer's Island" made over/taken over by pirates.