PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Radio Broadcast

scottmen
07-15-2002, 09:10 AM
Does anyone know if Disney broadcasts the music for the fireworks on an radion station? If not this would be a good idea and a good commercial for Disneyland. I always wanted to listen to the music while watching from the parking structure or from behind the park.

Techie7
07-15-2002, 09:21 AM
I do not think they do. Since they do not even play it in the Main Entrance Plaza (Esplanade) or the tram loading area I don't think they broadcast it on radio. If you want to watch from the parking structure you can bring a cd player and the DLR CD. It is fairly easy to time if you have seen the show a couple times.

RStar
07-15-2002, 09:37 AM
If it were that easy, they probably would have had DCA do it on the 4th. Would be great though!

Not Afraid
07-15-2002, 09:46 AM
Somehow, I don't think they would broadcast outside the park because it would cut down on admissions (especially on the 4th).

The Parking Garage is a wonderful place to watch the fireworks and bringing a CD is really fun to do. (In true geek fashion, we did it just the other week.)

ahecht
07-15-2002, 09:02 PM
They do broadcast it on shortwave radio as some of their speaker locations do not have a cable link to the central sound system (for example, the Mark Twain sound system when they do fireworks cruises). I belive the frequency is 204.6MHz, and the format is Wide Band FM.

tabacco
07-16-2002, 03:49 AM
The PPH pool deck sometimes carries the audio.

Uncle Dick
07-16-2002, 04:53 AM
A few weeks ago, I was walking just east of the Sierra Tower of the Disneyland Hotel and heard the Believe music quite clearly, probably piped in for the benefit of the guests who sprung for some parkside rooms. Unfortunately, it's a less than optimal spot to view the fireworks due to the ESPN Zone's blockage.

Winca
07-16-2002, 09:34 AM
The Grand California Hotel plays the Believe music in the courtyard, but a lot of good that will do with the monorail overhead and six story walls on all sides...

JeffG
07-16-2002, 09:53 AM
They also pipe in the fireworks music on the 3rd floor pool deck at the Paradise Pier Hotel. While the fireworks are pretty distant from there, the view is pretty much unobstructed.

-Jeff

RStar
07-26-2002, 11:04 AM
So then, I guess the reason that DCA didn't get the fireworks music on the 4th was that they didn't have a reciever available to use, or couldn't seperate the CA music from the rest of the park? And what about the esplanade? I know it may have been real complicated, but if they would have thought of it they could have put the esplanade and entrance to DCA so they could have gotten the sound during the 4th. The problem is the budget. I'm sure it would have cost at least a couple of thousand dollars to do it.:(

SoCalDisneyLover
07-26-2002, 01:05 PM
If they had raised the parking price on July 4 after 4 PM, and in return had broadcast the audio into the esplanade, don't you think they could have generated a lot of extra revenue? Even without the audio, I bet a lot of the people who I saw hanging out in the esplanade would have certainly paid a few extra $ to catch the show.

goofey
07-27-2002, 04:15 PM
I remember about a year ago, when they first brought the Electrical Parade to DCA, I could hear the fireworks music faintly from Taste Pilots' Grill in DCA. No joke. It definitely wasn't just in my head.

sydney
07-28-2002, 10:31 AM
In spring's disney magazine... Steve Davison was quoted as saying he hoped to someday pipe the music into the hotel rooms tv system, so that guests at the resort could turn to a specific channel and look out the window. interesting.

I'm always amazed at how precise the control over the sound system is at the park. it seems they can pick exactly where they would like music to be and where they would like it *not* to be. (e.g. rockin the bay music can be heard both in the amphitheater and accross the bay by screamin' launch, but not over by catch a flave or across at the maliboomer.)

I am surprised they didn't do the fireworks music at least in the golden gateway at DCA, but they had lots to think about... maybe next year.

Ace
07-28-2002, 10:49 AM
there's magic in the stars.... no matter who you are..... something something someeeeeeeeething

I haven't been on GRR, but I'm guessing that if it were more like Splash Mountain (can't go wrong with a catchy theme song and singing animals... you just can't.) it would be more popluar. However, since this won't help DCA's attendance by more than 3, it probably won't be done.