PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks and the weather

Fergo100
09-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Im going to WDW in December and i already know typhoon lagoon is going to be closed but whats the weather like? will it be too cold to go to blizzard beach and are the pools heated? i know i could look up weather on google but i wanted to ask real people who have been.

Countdown to DisneyWorld!

mazzie
09-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Its one of those pot luck things I think. I've been in December and it was actually quite pleasant and we had the run of the park as it wasnt that busy. I have also been in April and its been too cold to entertain going. I am also from the UK where the temperature raises a few degrees and we are all moaning about the heat, so any warmish temperature to me would be ok.

Its all down to that lovely thing called Global warming!

GusMan
09-03-2007, 04:58 AM
In December, it's going to very much depend on the weather and time of day. It can be cooler in the morning and evening hours, but it can get warm during the day. Personally, I dont think it is warm enough to really get a lot out of them, but that is just me.

Here is a link to another MP'ers answer (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=1122943&postcount=3) to this question, which should also help out quite a bit.

efoxx
09-03-2007, 08:30 AM
speaking of weather

funny off topic story

we were at WDW once during a tropical storm. rained nearly continuously for a week. one day we went to TL. temps were in the mid to upper 80's wind about 10-12knotts, and on and off rain showers. no lighting, and rain was of the gentle light to moderate type.
we saw lots of people in swim wear. wearing rain poncho's or hiding under umbrellas. they would literally get out of the pools and run for cover when the rain fell. it was so funny:p

Cheshire Figment
09-04-2007, 06:13 AM
We keep the water in all the slides and pools around 80F (27C) except for Shark Reef which does not have filters, pumps or heaters. What you want is a day that will be bright and sunny and preferably not windy.

If you go on a day that is heavily overcast you will not be able to take advantage of any radiant heating (from the sun) or on a windy day (especially with a dry wind from the North) you will get hit by wind chill.

But a day with the highs in the mid-50s or above which is sunny and calm most people (at least from Northern climates) should be comfortable.

SuefromRI
09-07-2007, 07:29 PM
When we were in FL last Jan it was chilly (40's at night & 60s day) 2 days-jeans and sweatshirts. But we went to the beach another day that was about 80 and spent others in the 70s at the pool--shorts and t-shirt weather. You just won't know until it is time. I wouldn't buy tickets for a water park til I checked the weather forcast.