PDA

View Full Version : Use AP on blackout day if renewing on blackout day?

mchael
09-02-2007, 11:17 PM
My so cal pass expires this Saturday (a blackout day). If I renew my pass same day, can I go in the park just like if I had bought it the following Saturday as you typically can?

Thanks

Darkbeer
09-02-2007, 11:27 PM
^AH, it depends.

But basically you can buy a NEW AP that day, you don't get the $20 off a Deluxe or Premium AP, or the $10 gift card if you renew online or by mail with a SoCal or SoCal select AP, but since a Blockout Pass is $30, it is a savings.

Just buy a NEW AP voucher at the ticket windows and be able to go to the Bank fo Main Street to get it processed. If they ask you if you want to renew, tell them NO, I want a new AP starting today, so I can avoid the blockout date. They will figure it out.

DizneyMommy
09-03-2007, 05:58 AM
I just renewed my husbands SoCal on a blackout day and bought him a Deluxe this year and he got the $20 discount off his pass for renewing by the deadline. You get that no matter what as long as you have not yet expired. We bought a one day park hopper at Vons to avoid the lines and then took it in to the AP center and applied it to the cost. It's just the coupons you don't get.

So buy a one day hopper ticket at Vons, use it all day and then cash it in for an AP before you leave. Of course, if you are just renewing to a SoCal pass, you won't get the discount anyways, but that's just an alternative to standing in line twice.

mchael
09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the comments... not sure why I didn't think of that before, that I just need to buy a new pass and go in that way.

A friend of mine has a 3 day child pass with one day left he is going to give me. I'm going to try to turn that into a annual pass and then I need to only buy 1 more for my wife. do you know if you can trade in a child ticket for a annual pass or do you have to be the actual child there to do it?

thanks again

Malcon10t
09-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the comments... not sure why I didn't think of that before, that I just need to buy a new pass and go in that way.

A friend of mine has a 3 day child pass with one day left he is going to give me. I'm going to try to turn that into a annual pass and then I need to only buy 1 more for my wife. do you know if you can trade in a child ticket for a annual pass or do you have to be the actual child there to do it?

thanks againAs they are non transferable, you will need the child there to get the AP for them.

mchael
09-03-2007, 10:01 AM
The ticket doesn't have a name on it. he didn't even sign it yet. I was going to use it to upgrade for one of our passes and then buy the other one. This will save us over $100 as the hopper ticket value says $149.
If there is no name on the ticket, I wonder if I really have to bring a child with me, or if I could just ask any kid to stand next to me and say it's his? hmmm

Malcon10t
09-03-2007, 11:00 AM
The ticket doesn't have a name on it. he didn't even sign it yet. I was going to use it to upgrade for one of our passes and then buy the other one. This will save us over $100 as the hopper ticket value says $149.
If there is no name on the ticket, I wonder if I really have to bring a child with me, or if I could just ask any kid to stand next to me and say it's his? hmmmThey will need to take the pic of the child whose AP the child's ticket is being used to upgrade. You cannot use a child's ticket to upgrade for an adult's AP. Make sense?

mchael
09-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I understand it now, thank you.
I'm going to check out ebay, and if that doesn't work, just pay full price and go Saturday. It's too much fun to worry and find a deal.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Michael

mchael
09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
^AH, it depends.

But basically you can buy a NEW AP that day, you don't get the $20 off a Deluxe or Premium AP, or the $10 gift card if you renew online or by mail with a SoCal or SoCal select AP, but since a Blockout Pass is $30, it is a savings.

Just buy a NEW AP voucher at the ticket windows and be able to go to the Bank fo Main Street to get it processed. If they ask you if you want to renew, tell them NO, I want a new AP starting today, so I can avoid the blockout date. They will figure it out.

so you are saying that I can buy a So Cal AP with this Saturday blacked out, but still use it that day since it is the first day of use? I think I remember someone saying that before too.

thanks again everyone!